Mephisto Genetics Mephistos and Cobs - Ignorance is Bliss Grow

Hippy:
Would a cheap black plastic curtain work to block the light?

As far as Autos go Dutch Passion AutoMazar has a 900 gram (almost 2 pounds) documented indoor grow from one plant and I have done 1.27 gpw personally with autos. I do like photos also. Sativa dominant photo plants do better here in the summer when it is hard to keep the heat down. My next grow will be Wedding Cake BX1 photos. So I guess you could say I feel strongly in both directions :rolleyes1:.

Yeah mate, I've seen some massive autos as well. I'm still not entirely convinced they would have produced a massive amount of proper quality bud though? I think the best auto bud I've seen so far is probably @2Stoned2Care 's Glueberry OG fire bud. That is the one image in my head that convinces me that you can have really nice looking buds from autos. Anyone feel free to post an auto bud pic here to beat 2Stoned's lovely, maybe then I will shut up :crying:

For the record, believe it or not mate, I got over 2 gpw with cobs and autos. Yield isn't really my issue particularly. More quality.

Just putting flame retardant suit on in preparation for come backs :vibe:

Haha sorry mate was on one yesterday. Take me with a pic of salt dude.

I haven't made my mind up at all yet mate. Each day the stilton cures it gets better, so decision def not made yet. Like you say there is more time and more hassle with photos, lots more hassle as far as I can tell. But I just have this yearning to grow some "pure" strains. Or "pure" crosses lol.

The one I really want to grow is Channel+ by Medical Seeds. My mate had a batch and it was bloody splendid. Really nice hybrid high, rush to the head but also nice calming body type stone. Also good medical qualities for me personally. Also, apparently the strain has a short veg time and only 7-8 week flowering time, and produces easy rooting clones! I mean I know it's manufacturer garb and all, but that does remove the time issue at least. Probably do them from clones in 12 weeks?

But then there's the hassle of another tent etc. Fook knows!
No shit dude :crying:
There’s pros and cons on both autos and photos man,but what I like about autos is that you can get some pretty good weed done very quick,and tbh man,I haven’t noticed any difference in the quality of buds I’ve grown between photos and autos,can you not run 2 tents...1 auto,1 photo? That channel sounds good,if they are ready when the breeders blurb says they are ready...12 weeks not too bad,but if you take clones,you could trim a cpl of weeks off that,so all done in around 10 weeks.
When I grew photos,I’d veg 4 weeks,flower 10 weeks.i just find autos a lot easier dude,and mephistos gear is bloody good,along with other breeders,what I’ve found with photos is,if you want really decent genetics,they don’t come cheap...Cali connections gear...alien OG...£84 for 6 seeds dude,pricey stuff lol.

There’s pros and cons on both autos and photos man,but what I like about autos is that you can get some pretty good weed done very quick,and tbh man,I haven’t noticed any difference in the quality of buds I’ve grown between photos and autos,can you not run 2 tents...1 auto,1 photo? That channel sounds good,if they are ready when the breeders blurb says they are ready...12 weeks not too bad,but if you take clones,you could trim a cpl of weeks off that,so all done in around 10 weeks.
When I grew photos,I’d veg 4 weeks,flower 10 weeks.i just find autos a lot easier dude,and mephistos gear is bloody good,along with other breeders,what I’ve found with photos is,if you want really decent genetics,they don’t come cheap...Cali connections gear...alien OG...£84 for 6 seeds dude,pricey stuff lol.

I'm with Lizard on this Hips, just cannot tell the difference nor can most of my mates, some of whom are completely unfamiliar with the auto concept.

Yeah mate, I've seen some massive autos as well. I'm still not entirely convinced they would have produced a massive amount of proper quality bud though? I think the best auto bud I've seen so far is probably @2Stoned2Care 's Glueberry OG fire bud. That is the one image in my head that convinces me that you can have really nice looking buds from autos. Anyone feel free to post an auto bud pic here to beat 2Stoned's lovely, maybe then I will shut up :crying:

For the record, believe it or not mate, I got over 2 gpw with cobs and autos. Yield isn't really my issue particularly. More quality.

When all of the environmental bases are covered then GENETICS is the controlling factor.

My friends ask for these by "Fast Buzz" - LOL. My brother-in-law calls it Polio Weed. They are Fast Bud's Auto Green Crack and IMHO as good as any photoperiod I have ever had pleasure with.

buds.jpg

Just sayin'

My friends ask for these by "Fast Buzz" - LOL. My brother-in-law calls it Polio Weed. They are Fast Bud's Auto Green Crack and IMHO as good as any photoperiod I have ever had pleasure with.

View attachment 823680

Just sayin'
They look very nice and I'm not putting any company or breeder down but the best auto I've ever smoked came from crop king a white widow and then it was a 3 bears OG from mephtio and I'm trying find me some real good regular auto seeds to breed a mother clone of mine but it's no auto has came close to her on a buzz level..

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Yes most beans are way over or priced and like u say if u get good you'll pay for it.I'm not bragging but I've got a clone mother and it's no one around my area has anything like it..It will put you on the couch and in another world lol but I don't know if I could sale a cutting off her she's that good but only way I would it have be a hell of a deal

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

I have to say I don't think photo beans are expensive compared to auto beans? A photo bean is potentially a lifetime investment, an auto bean is a grow once opportunity? 84 quid and you have a lifetime supply of Alien OG.

Anyway, I really don't want to argue! It's just my opinion and nothing more.

I can't decide what to do. I have a feeling photos would overwhelm me so maybe I should just stick to autos at the moment.

Back