Day 42 SBs x 3:

IMAG0491.jpg
IMAG0492.jpg
IMAG0493.jpg

Colas:
IMAG0494.jpg
IMAG0496.jpg
IMAG0497.jpg

So everything looking picture of health still, the fly trap only had a couple more victims and didn't see any flying around, so it's an odd one. Haven't been able to apply nematodes yet as not been delivered.

Did notice bit of algae in the unshaded part of the tray...:doh: , I read a bit of algae is not a major problem but need to keep on top of it. So scrubbed and removed what was there. Moved mid SB back so nearly all tray covered. I see now why you have a closed off system for hydro.

Mulling over few options to keep on top of this, I'd like to hear you guys thoughts:

1) Use hydrogen peroxide, this will kill off the algae but I'm concerned it may mess up the good bio life in the pots.

2) Put barley straw bales in the tray water. Apparently they use this in fresh water lakes to keep algae at bay, this is the most organic solution.

3) Construct a cover with holes for the pots, not sure this is ideal,

4) Would putting a perlite bed in help? It'd cover the bottom, just not sure how it'd link in with the aqua valve.

5) Get some proper Autopots and stop trying to be a smart arse, this is only an option once I've completed this run.

Probably getting ahead of myself but prevention always better than cure in this game.:pass:

Hahaha no idea mate but you're not being a smart arse you're being innovative! :d5:

Thanks for the props Hips, just gotta stay the course. Action I'm going to take it dose the tray rez with peroxide, not sure exact measure yet but low then high. And put the barley bale in. Not a pricey fix £15 for the both.

Majority of roots will still get air, it's just the water in the tray won't be as oxygenated as I'd prefer.

I would rule out h202 straight away. Like you said that will kill all your good beneficial bacteria and biotabs are an organic product.

I would guess that the algae would just grow in the perlite too- not sure on this though?

I would rule out h202 straight away. Like you said that will kill all your good beneficial bacteria and biotabs are an organic product.

I would guess that the algae would just grow in the perlite too- not sure on this though?

Shit Sang, I guess so, I just thought the H2O2 at lower level it'd be OK, good point RE perlite, I was moving away from that idea anyway, but that's sealed it.

Guess it's bales and regular cleaning, then actual Autopots next.

Don't know why I said above making a cover was difficult, gonna get 2x3m bw sheeting £3, cut it down to fit tray, put 6 slits in it to fit stems then just lay it over top of pots.

Can't see why that wouldn't work to prevent this occurring in future, but please someone shout up if this just stoner talk...

Last edited:
Back