New Grower Hey Ho, Let's Grow! LEDs/Autopots

I did rinse and soak both the choir and clay before potting. What’s the ideal ppm? Have a meter but don’t know levels to look for. I’m using distilled water but found a place where I can buy RO water, which I read has less ppm than distilled.

Here are the girls at exactly two weeks, today.

I did rinse and soak both the choir and clay before potting. What’s the ideal ppm? Have a meter but don’t know levels to look for. I’m using distilled water but found a place where I can buy RO water, which I read has less ppm than distilled.

Here are the girls at exactly two weeks, today.

I use RO and at this stage I applied a weak feed about 1/8 strength. I also run calmag thru the grow. With LED I've heard this is pretty essential as well. Again diluted at the beginning.

Then slowly change the strength of my feed thru the grow, finishing about 3/4 strength at the end. Most nutrient manufactures base their dose guidelines on maximum figures and aimed at photos rather than autos. From what I understand autos in the main don't need to have such strong feed in comparison.

I'm 9 weeks into my grow and my EC is at 1.4 or about 980 PPM.

I have a diary here if you want to check it out https://www.autoflower.org/threads/dutch-passion-blueberry-autopots-grow-no-4.66337/

I've got 3 plants on the go and they are drinking about 22 gallons in 7 days. I started off buying RO but quickly worked out it was cheaper & easier to get a domestic system from Amazon for a couple of hundred bucks, fit it myself and fill up at home.

I’m looking into the ro filter, but can’t afford it this grow. I can get distilled and/or ro for less than $1 a gallon but I see how that might get expensive! Just gonna go with it for now. These plants get better water than I do!

I’m looking into the ro filter, but can’t afford it this grow. I can get distilled and/or ro for less than $1 a gallon but I see how that might get expensive! Just gonna go with it for now. These plants get better water than I do!

Yeah i know what you mean on costs - but tripping down to the store and hauling it back plus the cost got me there for a domestic system pretty quick. Downside is its a slow process to fill so you have to do it over a few days - my res will take 20 gallons easy - that will take me 3 days to fill up the otnainers. Normally start them off at 5pm and they are full by 12pm.

I picked this one up - 160 bucks

Maths aint my best but with what you are spending after about 8 weeks on my fill up schedule it will pay for itself.

Amazon product

Looks like some content was lost. In case you missed it, I got a Nanny Cam for my grow tent. $37 and $5/month subscription. Now I can see them whenever. I swear they’ve grown every time I look at them. I’ve left the light on 24-hours now. Here’s the view from the Nanny Cam today:

the wheel fell off or something at the weekend,something got scrammbled,and somebody had to turn it off at the plug so we lost some stuff.
quite the turn around,looking a lot better :thumbsup: the burnt bits are the very oldest leaves ?
coco and RO can be quite tricky,need to be more in the driver seat than with a soil grow.never flush and all that stuff.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:

the wheel fell off or something at the weekend,something got scrammbled,and somebody had to turn it off at the plug so we lost some stuff.
quite the turn around,looking a lot better :thumbsup: the burnt bits are the very oldest leaves ?
coco and RO can be quite tricky,need to be more in the driver seat than with a soil grow.never flush and all that stuff.
good luck n keep er lit.
:pighug:
Yes the old burned leaves were from nutrient lockout. The plant in front had it worst. I fixed the ph and it’s all gone swimmingly since.

Back