New Grower Hey Ho, Let's Grow! LEDs/Autopots

It’s only been 1 day and a half, but inside growth has greened and bushed up some. I’ve left everything on -lights, air domes, autopots - for about a week now and they do seem to grow fast under those conditions.

I’m wondering when they will go into flowering. The strain info said flowering time 55-65 days, but they’re about 6 weeks now and I don’t see any signs of flowering yet. Am I reading it wrong?

I think it's normal that they take longer to flower. I have 2 AK47 at week 6 now and just one is showing signs of flowering. So 6 to 7 weeks of veg and then 10 to 11 weeks of flowering before it's ready to harvest

Well I got ones @ 103 days could easily go another two weeks but I’m chopping em at the end of next week regardless...2 strains 6 plants harvest times all over the place!!!:grump:

I found a few leaves that looked copper deficient which is common apparently when using reverse osmosis water. I decided to switch back to jacks classic, blossom booster formula as it contains all the micronutrients. On my photos, Jacks Classic 20/20/20 and Blossom Booster are what I used (light solution) and my flowers were great. I also noticed that some grow shops sell Jacks Classic (which used to be Peters Professional) so I’m not the only one using it on weed. I started using it because it was what my ex used in her various horticulture jobs, and what we used at home for our other plants. It works well on weed too.

I also started foliage feeding them with the same lightened formula today. I’ll spray them twice a day now and continue with bloom nutrients. I turned the bloom lights on on my LED, so now I have both grow and bloom lights on. I’ll turn grow off once we’re into flowering.

Plants got over the copper deficiency after I started using Jacks Classic bloom formula and foliage feeding twice a day. I used the recommended amount for daily watering though that was diluted by what was left of the last week’s solution. I believe it worked out to about 1/2 strength. The plants are exploding with growth now. Think I’ll keep to this routine.

Most LED users will tell you to keep both the bloom and veg lights on through the very end--even the very conservative advice from the manufacturer of my LED recommends as much.

Thanks. I’ve not heard that before. Why separate them then into two buttons? I always thought that plants need red spectrum when in veg and blue spectrum in bloom because that is the part of the spectrum the plant uses in those stages. Well I’m new to this and LEDs used to come in two colors for veg/bloom but now come in white and do mor, so you’re probably right. I’ll have to look into it more. Thanks again.

Most LED users will tell you to keep both the bloom and veg lights on through the very end--even the very conservative advice from the manufacturer of my LED recommends as much.
Are you saying leave both veg and bloom on the entire grow or just during flower for autos? I just started my first set of autos and only have the veg on. Am I doing it wrong?

Back