Indoor GG's Giant Greens

This sums it up i think..great job mate. Cant wait to see what happens with them

now that I've hyped em up, watch me burn em up, or otherwise kill em... lol one never knows with a brand room what may go wrong.

_IGP0996.JPG
_IGP1008.JPG
_IGP1006.JPG
_IGP1007.JPG
_IGP1010.JPG
_IGP1012.JPG
_IGP1011.JPG
_IGP1013.JPG

Here they are, sorry I don't have time to take them in better focus. close enough for horseshoes.

Awesome, glad to see the germ rate too. Little bit of info and why I'll be watching closely, this is the first time any of my gear has been grown in a hydro setup so it should be interesting to watch. I've already got my eye on a few things on these sprouts. Like to look as soon as the first set start to form.

The one with the razor sharp first set is what I'm watching. Seen that before.

ya the germ rate is impressive. I am not easy on seeds. Most people use the paper towel in a bag, in a closet.... I just toss em in the rockwool and keep it wet. I don't alter it's environment at all. I usually soak the rockwool in pH'd water before planting, I didn't even do that this time. So they worked for it, two immediate and strong, two the next morning and smaller, or sluggish.

I will take pic throughout as usual, I try to get pics once a week but my last run I was too busy. This time should be no trouble.

11.JPG
22.JPG
3 3.JPG
4 4.JPG

I am running without the top drip this time, I'm thinking it will help force a bigger root ball. So these may take longer than in soil. I don't know. From past experience it seems the larger the root mass, the longer it stays in Veg.

25 gallons filtered water
Green Planet Hydro Fuel Grow A&B, Botanicare Liquid Karma
room temp min/max 72-82F
RH min/max 35-45
water temp 73F
PPM 250
pH 6
1 and 2 under 250W MH
3 and 4 under 200 watt Viparspectra

Last edited:
1View attachment 821048
2View attachment 821051
3 View attachment 821049
4 View attachment 821050

I am running without the top drip this time, I'm thinking it will help force a bigger root ball. So these may take longer than in soil. I don't know. From past experience it seems the larger the root mass, the longer it stays in Veg.

25 gallons filtered water
Green Planet Hydro Fuel Grow A&B, Botanicare Liquid Karma
room temp min/max 72-82F
RH min/max 35-45
water temp 73F
PPM 250
pH 6
1 and 2 under 250W MH
3 and 4 under 200 watt Viparspectra

Looking great man, I know that they are just seedlings at this point but it should be interesting to see if the root ball theory holds. I have seen so many different responses from autos over the years that i believe size and veg is all about root space. When i grow something in a .5 to 1 gal container i can see the difference in size as well as when flower triggers. Then when i move up to 2-2.5 gal they get rather large. Then when you start adding in proper root trimming with air pots they tend to get large as well. But Im babbling because i am excited to see what they do in hydro.

So few questions, On the 2 under the MH, will they be going under HPS once in flower? Im also curious about your light cycle? The only reason that i ask that is because of what they have been bred under.

So few questions, On the 2 under the MH, will they be going under HPS once in flower? Im also curious about your light cycle? The only reason that i ask that is because of what they have been bred under.

yes, I just bought a new larger cool tube, so they will all be under MH and switch to HPS for flower. There will be a 600 and a 250 watt for the space. What were they bred under? they seem to like the MH a lot better than the blurple. Since those pics, 3 and 4 appear significantly more developed.

yes, I just bought a new larger cool tube, so they will all be under MH and switch to HPS for flower. There will be a 600 and a 250 watt for the space. What were they bred under? they seem to like the MH a lot better than the blurple. Since those pics, 3 and 4 appear significantly more developed.

These were all under LED, Platinum panels 2 p300's. The paternal line was done all under HPS. Interesting to see the better response on the HID over the LED. Im curious to the spectrum claims on that panel. I just noticed that you had a hybrid setup the LED/MH and most MH guys pack HPS for the later life cycle, given your previous grows i figured that you would make the change.

If i ask too much or if i babble too much in here let me know. Tests like this, especially when i am not growing ATM, are huge. I get to see a few things that i just dont have the room to do. That is to test the different light deliveries as well as mediums to grow in.

All of them were bred in the 18/6 cycle and sometimes 20/4 when needed extra heat in the winter, used that to keep temps up over 55 at night as to not stop photosynthesis. Even though 50 is where it really likes to stall, i wanted to make sure that there wasnt any more than a 7 degree change in the day/night cycles.

These were all under LED, Platinum panels 2 p300's. The paternal line was done all under HPS. Interesting to see the better response on the HID over the LED. Im curious to the spectrum claims on that panel. I just noticed that you had a hybrid setup the LED/MH and most MH guys pack HPS for the later life cycle, given your previous grows i figured that you would make the change.

If i ask too much or if i babble too much in here let me know. Tests like this, especially when i am not growing ATM, are huge. I get to see a few things that i just dont have the room to do. That is to test the different light deliveries as well as mediums to grow in.

All of them were bred in the 18/6 cycle and sometimes 20/4 when needed extra heat in the winter, used that to keep temps up over 55 at night as to not stop photosynthesis. Even though 50 is where it really likes to stall, i wanted to make sure that there wasnt any more than a 7 degree change in the day/night cycles.

No problem at all. This fascinates me as well. I am currently on 20/4. I just switched lamps around yesterday. So there are two cool tubes, one 600 and one 250. I turned the 600 down to 400, and both are running MH. I will switch to HPS whenever they are ready for red. I may or may not toss in the blurples, it depends on how large they get and coverage.

It didn't occur to me that the light the parental lines grew under would make a change in response. That is an interesting line of thought.

I have so far been between 63 and 75F, and 35-45 RH on the min/max monitor. There is a space heater, AC unit, and dehumidifier in the room. We had three freezing nights this week, and the temp is holding like a champ. I expect having two MH lights should even prevent the heater from kicking in much. If it gets too hot, I will hook them up to the exhaust, but for now they are open tubes.

I have one Apollo and one Vivosun tube. So far it's a total mixed bag on which is better. The Vivosun has hinges and permanently affixed wings while the Apollo has bolt on wings. The hanging hooks on the Apollo are way smaller, so only can use small hooks with it. The tube end casting is better on the Apollo.Both are functional and sturdy sockets, and ample electrical cable. My first tube had a floppy socket bracket.

build quality goes to Apollo
convenience features to Vivosun.

Last edited:
Back