Indoor GG's Giant Greens

Just getting caught up and I'm wicked impressed with the harvest!!!!! How's the smoke so far??

I grew a Humboldt Bubba Cheese auto and it didn't smell strong at all during and after the grow.. Plants were good sized, even though they're from a different breeder but the bud was good!!

tell you what @green genes that was some ride pal. just read from the start and im gutted for you mate. another victim of the dreaded bud rot. crackin harvest though. im on the quest for the elusive 1lb club badge aswell. we'll get there one day mate. just gotta keep at it eh : )

Just getting caught up and I'm wicked impressed with the harvest!!!!! How's the smoke so far??

I grew a Humboldt Bubba Cheese auto and it didn't smell strong at all during and after the grow.. Plants were good sized, even though they're from a different breeder but the bud was good!!

I love it, so does my buddy. He was over the moon about it. I find the taste nostalgic, the high is strong (especially with main kolas.) I got munchies real bad at first, I came home from grocery shopping with two bags of munch food LOL. My buddy is reporting couch lock, but I found that I can go to work just fine. It's worth having in the spice cabinet. It reminds me heavily of the 80's.

_IGP0969.JPG
_IGP0972.JPG
_IGP0973.JPG

Last edited:
So far so good with running two varieties in the same water. I was afraid Bubba Cheese would need flower nutes significantly faster than Lights. This variety of Bubba Cheese is supposed to finish in 45 days, the lights in 60 to 90 days.

I decided to just add flower nutes into the tank to raise the PPM instead of draining and starting over with flower nutes. That way they should both have what they need and due to the large volume of water (30 gallons) I think they will be stable. I did notice a little bit of yellow spots on the Bubbas Cheese after I did it, but they are all still praying and stretching nicely. Cheese is now 36 inches high and taller than the lights.

I asked for bigger plants. Bubba Cheese is not disappointing me. I have pruned out a ton of leaf material, and moved my lights to the ceiling hooks now. Cheese measures 52 inches high so far. I think she is about to stop stretching though. Fine by me, she's a beautiful lady, and can be whatever she wants to be. I'm just a proud daddy. The pair of them fill out their available space completely.

750 PPM Green Planet bloom, beastie blooms, open sesame, cal mag +
5.9 pH, 30 gallons water, day 45-50

_IGP0976.JPG
_IGP0977.JPG
_IGP0981.JPG
_IGP0984.JPG
_IGP0982.JPG

Last edited:
I'm taking a moment to review a pH meter.

pH1.jpg pH2.jpg

Firstly, here are the three I have tried so far. The yellow no name one was first, it was screw calibration, and it stopped functioning properly within a month. The second one up was purple and cost 15$ US, it was a constant nightmare to adjust pH with it. It proved to be off by more than 1 pH consistently. The third one is the Apera pH meter. It rocks my world, but cost 60$ US on Amazon.

apera meter.jpg

I had a hard time believing how far off I had been with pH previous to using this meter. I checked calibration on both the purple one and the Apera several times. I had been operating a whole point or up to 2 points off and it was no wonder I had so much trouble. For the three months or so I have been using this meter I have had zero problems with pH related, or nutrient related problems. My plants are now growing faster and larger. Thanks to the Apera meter. It runs on rechargeable aaa batteries, and temperature compensation. It comes in a hard case with it's own calibration solutions. The calibration solution bottles are sized so you can just stick the meter in without having to pour it or measure it. It easily calibrated with a few button pushes, and has remained accurate since. I rinse it after every use, and fill the cap with water for storage. I am so confident in it that I can now leave for a day or three without worrying about the reservoir.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brand: Apera Instruments
Model: PH20
Website: http://aperainst.com/pocket-testers/ph20-value-ph-pocket-tester/

Simply the most reliable pocket pH tester with the best value for all kinds of routine testing, such as tap water/drinking water testing, agriculture, aquaculture, swimming pool, education, etc. The Apera Instruments PH20 Value pH Tester Kit simply provides reliable and quick pH measurements for most regular water solutions' pH testing, such as hydroponics, pools and spas, homebrewing, winemaking, education, water treatment, cooling towers, etc.

Intelligent Functions
Auto recognition and reminders of stable values improves consistency, saving you the trouble of guessing when to manually hold measurement. Its built-in Self-diagnosis function gives reminders of out-of-range measurement and incorrect calibrations.

• An ultra clear 180˚ viewing angle screen with temp./pH value dual display and indications of completed auto calibrations and stable readings.
  • Complete kit with calibration solutions (4.00 and 7.00), AAA batteries, and a lanyard all in a rugged carrying case.
  • 1-3 points auto calibration and 0 to 50˚C auto temp. compensation, ±0.1 accuracy with 0 to 14.0 pH measuring range
  • Self-diagnosis with out-of -range warning and incorrect calibration warning.
  • IP67 Water-proof and dust-proof, floats on water so no need to worry if you drop it in the water by accident.
  • Longest 400 hours' continuous operation powered by AAA batteries (with low power warning and auto power off in 8 min if no operation).

Meter’s Technical Specs

• Accuracy: ±0.1 pH, ±0.5˚C.
  • Range: 0 to 14.0 pH.
  • 0 to 50˚C ATC.
  • 1-3 point Auto Calibration with auto buffer recognition.
  • up to 2000 hours of operation powered by AAA batteries.
  • Smart Self-Diagnosis.

Day 61

So the Bubba Cheese is so leggy she flops over every night. LOL. I have half ass tried to keep her up, but some bondage is in her near future. She stretched really fast. Seems like a genetic thing, she got identical light and nutes as her neighbor.

The NL is behaving just like it did the first go around. She is bulking up nice, but the Cheese is more like my Amnesia with smaller, seperated buds on long internodes. Smells fantastic though. The NL takes a beating and stays green while the Cheese let a slight spike in pH fry a few leaves.

Sorry for the lazy pics. The NL kola came out ok.

_IGP0988.JPG

_IGP0995.JPG

_IGP0989.JPG

A Grow space emerges from the chaos. She's ready with two 20 Amp and a 15 Amp power capability, and a rack for a 50 gallon drum, and drying space. Another few days work on her, and I'm out of the closet, so to speak. And for my next trick, Watch as the door disappears.

GR2Studs.jpg

:cheers::woohoo:

GR2Shiny.JPG

:cooldance::cooldance::cooldance:Laser reflecting Shiny stuff:drool: images.duckduckgo.com.gif
GR2INS.jpg

Ceiling, pegboard, cleanup, and ducting is all thats left. F00kin SweeT

Back