Indoor GG's Giant Greens

Here is a New Years update. Today marks day 10 weeks growth on these girls!

Still going! [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] is putting out more node pistils or budsites, but still not quite flowering. I dropped to 12/12 two days ago. The nutes and rez have been remarkably stable, although it took two weeks of constant pH down additive to get it there.

She loves the water, it's going between 1200 and 1500 PPM depending on how much I add when I add water. pH is stable at 5.7 - 5.8.

I also smell it the second I walk into the garage, rather than when I open the grow room door. Earthy lemon with back side of pepper??, especially in the leaves when I prune them.

I am having a hard time really describing the smell accurately. I'm standing on a bucket to get that aerial shot. They are really big. The space occupied is 4x6 foot and the taller plant is between 55 and 60 inches.

IMG_20171231_091021.jpg
IMG_20171231_091635.jpg
IMG_20171231_091101.jpg
IMG_20171231_091624.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a New Years update. Today marks day 10 weeks growth on these girls!

Still going! [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] is putting out more node pistils or budsites, but still not quite flowering. I dropped to 12/12 two days ago. The nutes and rez have been remarkably stable, although it took two weeks of constant pH down additive to get it there.

She loves the water, it's going between 1200 and 1500 PPM depending on how much I add when I add water. pH is stable at 5.7 - 5.8.

I also smell it the second I walk into the garage, rather than when I open the grow room door. Earthy lemon with back side of pepper??, especially in the leaves when I prune them.

I am having a hard time really describing the smell accurately. I'm standing on a bucket to get that aerial shot. They are really big. The space occupied is 4x6 foot and the taller plant is between 55 and 60 inches.

View attachment 845265 View attachment 845266 View attachment 845267 View attachment 845268

So I know that in the maternal line there is Lemon Thai lineage in her, which would explain the lemon that you are getting. Its removed but its a possibility. These are also the most sati leaning that I have seen in the bloodline. The pepper side is from the dragon lineage, there is no doubt on that one. I bet your getting some earthy tones behind that sent too. If she is stinking now I bet shell reek in full flower. Another note on the sati leaning side is the length of the grow cycle. Again it plays to two theories and that is the genetics indica or sativa and then root room for autos. I swear that the flower cycle has something to do with the room that the roots have to grow. Once they reach a certain size or limitation they trigger the flower cycle. Lights are not doing it, something else is and I know it may be related to the gene that causes the auto trait but these same plants came from ones grown in .5 gal pots that didn't break 13 inches tall. Explain that shit....

That leads me to this next part about the one that was slow to trigger. Inflicted stress, and environmental stress, while they didn't hermi as they are tested for that, she was slow to flower. So I am curious to see if the rate of flower changes now that you kicked the light cycle. Not that I doubt that she could not hold the gene it may have not passed all the way through and the 12/12 is needed, and that is the point of a test. Make sure that others are seeing what I am seeing when they are grown. F3 I was alwas told anything can come out, something about the generation gives you a look into the diversity of the gene pool. Id say that these 2 are in the the 20's or 30's of the F3 generation ALF grown, so well see some variation.

The Front runner is going to yield mate, there isn't much more that I can say about that but shes gonna put out some flower, im sitting over here drooling at them and that one in the back is going to get massive. Just a job fucking well done.

Last edited:
So I know that in the maternal line there is Lemon Thai lineage in her, which would explain the lemon that you are getting. Its removed but its a possibility. These are also the most sati leaning that I have seen in the bloodline. The pepper side is from the dragon lineage, there is no doubt on that one. I bet your getting some earthy tones behind that sent too. If she is stinking now I bet shell reek in full flower. Another note on the sati leaning side is the length of the grow cycle. Again it plays to two theories and that is the genetics indica or sativa and then root room for autos. I swear that the flower cycle has something to do with the rom that the roots have to grow. Once they reach a certain size or limitation they trigger the flower cycle. Lights are doing it, something else is and I know it may be related to the gene that causes the auto trait but these same plants came from ones grown in .5 gal pots that didn't break 13 inches tall. Explain that shit....

That leads me to this next part about the one that was slow to trigger. Inflicted stress, and environmental stress, while they didn't hermi as they are tested for that, she was slow to flower. So I am curious to see if the rate of flower changes now that you kicked the light cycle. Not that I doubt that she could not hold the gene it may have not passed all the way through and the 12/12 is needed, and that is the point of a test. Make sure that others are seeing what I am seeing when they are grown. F3 I was alwas told anything can come out, something about the generation gives you a look into the diversity of the gene pool. Id say that these 2 are in the the 20's or 30's of the F3 generation ALF grown, so well see some variation.

The Front runner is going to yield mate, there isn't much more that I can say about that but shes gonna put out some flower, im sitting over here drooling at them and that one in the back is going to get massive. Just a job fucking well done.

It's not the same strong obvious lemon I got with Amnesia, it's really hard to explain. Lemon is only halfway there. It IS very earthy, and the only time I get pepper is when my head is right up in there, like when pruning is when I notice it..... I have had comments about them looking so very sativa, especially [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG].

There is no doubt that a larger space for roots allows a longer vegetative cycle. I can't prove it scientifically exactly, but it's what I'm seeing over and over. I just bought two 17 gallon totes to replace one of the large 27 gallon ones in the pics. I am hoping to speed this operation up that way.

The smaller one is no longer smaller. lol. I could tell she wanted to flower, it happened yesterday afternoon.

She has caught up, and is flowering. The amount of water they drink is keeping me carrying buckets more than I like. I made another mistake too, I set the timer on in day and off at night by mistake. Now the heater is struggling to keep up in this ridiculous cold snap hitting the whole country.

These things are so big that my lights are almost right to ceiling now. Theres only a few more inches to go.

I don't know how I missed that the first time, look close at the rockwool under the Bernie figure... it's bloody cracked in half. That's insane, the girl busted out of her pot.

They're raging in there man. You have a few monsters over there.

Is the second one responding to the 12/12 or is her rate of flower staying the same. I see she's stretched a bit there but I'm curious if the pistol output increased noticeably.
These are indeed the largest ALF I have seen to date. The hash bats were big but these bitches are monstrous.

They're raging in there man. You have a few monsters over there.

Is the second one responding to the 12/12 or is her rate of flower staying the same. I see she's stretched a bit there but I'm curious if the pistol output increased noticeably.
These are indeed the largest ALF I have seen to date. The hash bats were big but these bitches are monstrous.

yes she's pumping out pistils now, she's trying to finish the shift to flower, She wasn't quite ready for it, but I forced her. There is a mix of leaf primordia and calyx at the budsites, but pistils are coming out now instead of leaves.

I now wish I hadn't gone to 12/12 because of this cold snap, I wouldn't think too much about it, she was going to auto. I just though it would be another couple weeks so I forced it.

Anxiety gets me every time, in hydro they seem to go in growth spurts with intermediate dull periods. Those dull periods make me anxious and think I can start changing things around.

It's usually better to just do nothing.

Last edited:
LOL. We shall see if it does that again.I actually think the solo cup grow will be better this time, barring operator error. I have a drastically improved situation from the one last year. She won't be sharing space and a reservoir with another plant this time around. better nutes, more light... LOL.

I'm going to have to do something about [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], she is getting too tall. I have about 4 inches left to move the lights, and she is only a few inches from the light. No damage yet, but I don't want to supercrop the top, so hopefully I can move lights closer to a sidewall, or tie her back a bit.

I will have time today, so I thought I'd get out my real camera and see what I can do.

Back