Indoor GG's Giant Greens

IMG_20171216_184733.jpg

Love this, even though Bernie Sanders is up there as the tree angel and you can't quite see him Oh well.
I thought FD would appreciate the new Black Dragon gaurdian in the grow room :bighug:

I been having pH up spike issues again. Climbing every night. I finaly got a new PPM meter. Without having calibrated it, or being used to its settings it is reading pretty damn high.
I will double check it all in the morning, but it looks like the water is at 1450 PPM. "That's Hot, Damn hot, might be good for you and lady in bed, but AINT good in the jungle".:headbang:

do you mean count tops or fingers off the main? I guess it's the same since I didn't top them. The main has a hell of a set of 'thumbs' at the base of it's kola.. lol.

8th week Day 4

[HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]
branches : 21 (1 broken, didn't count the bottom thumbs on kola)
height : 32 inch
width : 32 inch
week into flower stretch

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
branches : 18
height : 22 inch
width : 32 inch
just starting flowering yesterday
Fantastic data and I appreciate it and will be noted for my feed back. By finger I was referring to the number of blades per fan. How many are you showing on the larger mature fans. Looks like 9-11 on some of them.

I was referring to the number of blades per fan.

Oh ya! :wall: :joy: (my favorite smiley by the way. reminds me of Stewart on Mad TV)

I have noticed the 9's, I'll see if there are any 11's when I fix the pH (again!) this morning.

This is the hottest water I've ever used. So far she's not toxic, but droopy. She might like it.

Last edited:
yep, there are a couple 11 lobed leaves towards the top of [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] .. I don't see any on [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], but the pepper is stronger when removing leaves. I bent her over again, she's almost as wide as the room now. [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is now 35 inches high, up 3 inches in a day even with pH fluctuations. Back up to 6 from 5.7 overnight. It has got to be some of the green planet amendments I got. I am beginning to suspect that one of them is not for hydro. I am gonna call them Monday.

Last edited:
yep, there are a couple 11 lobed leaves towards the top of [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] .. I don't see any on [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], but the pepper is stronger when removing leaves. I bent her over again, she's almost as wide as the room now. [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is now 35 inches high, up 3 inches in a day even with pH fluctuations. Back up to 6 from 5.7 overnight. It has got to be some of the green planet amendments I got. I am beginning to suspect that one of them is not for hydro. I am gonna call them Monday.
I thought that I saw 11 on the one hard to tell through pics sometime but I'm always curious as to how many they form.

Can't wait to see the new shots and how they're doing. They have to have some growth to them now.

Oh ya. They have grown! They looking real nice. I'm renovating my kitchen this week, so I may be slow on photos.

Sorry for the delay. Who knew it was so damn hard to find cabinets these days. No one stocks them anymore unless they are stapled together pieces of shit. I wasted an entire day looking.

Anyway, this should cheer us all up!! The girls are perky as hell!

IMG_20171221_120539.jpg
IMG_20171221_120525.jpg
IMG_20171221_120520.jpg
IMG_20171221_120429.jpg
IMG_20171221_120507.jpg
IMG_20171221_120442.jpg

I'll try to get a natural light pic this weekend. I spoke to Green Planet Nutrients about the pH up spike issue. I'm not the only one having this trouble around here. We determined it is a bacterial colony in the reservoir from organics sediments. He gave me twnty questions to get the bottom of it too. It has got to be from the FF nutes I added when I was out of hydro fuel. He was as surprised by it as I was. He said he had not received a call about up spikes in many years. I invited him to come check out AFN and see if he wants to be on site. He said he would check it out..

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. Who knew it was so damn hard to find cabinets these days. No one stocks them anymore unless they are stapled together pieces of shit. I wasted an entire day looking.

Anyway, this should cheer us all up!! The girls are perky as hell!

View attachment 842082 View attachment 842083 View attachment 842084 View attachment 842085 View attachment 842086 View attachment 842087

I'll try to get a natural light pic this weekend. I spoke to Green Planet Nutrients about the pH up spike issue. I'm not the only one having this trouble around here. We determined it is a bacterial colony in the reservoir from organics sediments. He gave me twnty questions to get the bottom of it too. It has got to be from the FF nutes I added when I was out of hydro fuel. He was as surprised by it as I was. He said he had not received a call about up spikes in many years. I invited him to come check out AFN and see if he wants to be on site. He said he would check it out..

They sure are happy, i love the size on the natural one should be a decent yielder. The one that is LST will be a shower too. Were getting to the point that i like the most. The flower period is always a treat its when we get to see who they are.

Im not shocked from the FF causing that spike. The TB from them is highly acidic too, not just the bacteria issue. When i would add it to the water for feed i could watch the spike happen it would take 2 days to balance out before i gave it to the plants. Caused some serious issues in my soil.

So with the spike you are seeing and the issues that i have seen, i may have to switch up to something new. The first run this year will be FF but i am going to research something new for my grows.

So with the spike you are seeing and the issues that i have seen, i may have to switch up to something new. The first run this year will be FF but i am going to research something new for my grows.

Let me know what you decide. For soils, I compiled a lot of information and pasted into a thread. Some of it is tough to read, you may interested in the nutrients data on page two. I wrote it for my own reference mainly so just scroll through till you see alternate sources of minerals etc.

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/science-soil-substrates-best-practices-from-nurseries.58413/

I still cannot get the pH to stay under 6 for long, even letting them drink down some of the water she is stable at 6 to 6.1 though, and the plant seems ok with it. Whatever bacterial colony is buffering the pH seems friendly enough. I am going to roll with it, and hope the roots stay white.

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] still has not flowered, when the stretch stops on [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] I'm gonna go to 12/12

IMG_20171223_080312.jpg
IMG_20171223_080330.jpg

leaf spots are from dripping pH down. Not a problem.

Last edited:
Back