Indoor GG's Giant Greens

Looking real good in there man, the taller one really has my eye i like that structure. Im curious as to how big those fans are they look like they are pretty good size

They really like the environment that they are in that is for sure. Great job man, cant wait till they kick in !

Looking real good in there man, the taller one really has my eye i like that structure. Im curious as to how big those fans are they look like they are pretty good size

They really like the environment that they are in that is for sure. Great job man, cant wait till they kick in !

biggest I have ever seen. well bigger than my palm and I'm 6 ft tall. It would cover my face for a photo with room to spare.

[HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] was LST at the main stalk base as a seedling, and tucked since. She is still not full strength, a bit bendy.
[HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG] is mostly natural structure, I bend them a bit to get some light, and tuck fans. She is fattening up nicely.

1 day and a half, +2 inches height, -4 gallons water, there are three whorls of branches forming colas, she is at 20+ inches wide.
and about to stretch.

pH 5.8 PPM 800 still on grow nutes. added liquid w8 and grow a&b today. Raised the lights 6 inches.

the small guy is showing new leaf yellowing. So I bumped the PPM 100 and liquid weight should add enough carbohydrate P&K to resolve it. If it goes farther I have to look at iron def. As soon as they start stretching they get hit up to 1200 PPM with bloom a&b, and open sesame.

IMG_20171210_085526.jpg
IMG_20171210_085551.jpg
IMG_20171210_085409.jpg
IMG_20171210_085437.jpg

Last edited:
My GF is making a crazy awesome breakfast. I'll get a pic when we eat.

Charred Brussels Sprouts With Spicy Anchovy (CANNA) Butter

Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Level of Difficulty: Easy Serving Size: 4-6

Ingredients
Spicy anchovy (CANNA) butter

3 ounces best-quality anchovy fillet in oil, rinsed
1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 pound (CANNA) butter
1 garlic clove, finely grated

Brussels sprouts

sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
1/2 cup canola oil or (CANNA) oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives

Directions
For the spicy anchovy (CANNA) butter

Place all the ingredients in a food processor; puree until smooth and reserve. This makes more than is needed in the recipe, but it can be frozen for up to a month.

For the brussels sprouts

Fill a large bowl with salted ice water. Bring a large pot with about 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add the baking soda and enough salt to make the water salty like the sea.

Meanwhile, remove the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts. Trim the ends off and split in half lengthwise. Carefully drop the Brussels sprouts into the boiling water and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain immediately and immerse in the salted ice water to cool completely. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel. This can be done up to 1 day in advance.

steamed2.jpg

steamed.jpg

In a large frying pan, heat the oil until it starts to smoke. Cook the Brussels sprouts, cut-side down, undisturbed, for 2-4 minutes, until they start to brown. Flip the Brussels sprouts and add the spicy anchovy (CANNA) butter; lower the heat to moderate and continue to cook until the butter melts, stirring occasionally. Season the Brussels sprouts with salt and finish with the lemon juice and chives.

fry.jpg

Chef’s Tip: Baking soda helps maintain the beautiful vibrant color of green vegetables. Be careful, though, because too much baking soda will turn the vegetables mushy.

done.jpg

will repost this elsewhere as well.

Last edited:
My GF is making a crazy awesome breakfast. I'll get a pic when we eat.

Charred Brussels Sprouts With Spicy Anchovy (CANNA) Butter

Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Level of Difficulty: Easy Serving Size: 4-6

Ingredients
Spicy anchovy (CANNA) butter

3 ounces best-quality anchovy fillet in oil, rinsed
1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 pound (CANNA) butter
1 garlic clove, finely grated

Brussels sprouts

sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
1/2 cup canola oil or (CANNA) oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives

Directions
For the spicy anchovy (CANNA) butter

Place all the ingredients in a food processor; puree until smooth and reserve. This makes more than is needed in the recipe, but it can be frozen for up to a month.

For the brussels sprouts

Fill a large bowl with salted ice water. Bring a large pot with about 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add the baking soda and enough salt to make the water salty like the sea.

Meanwhile, remove the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts. Trim the ends off and split in half lengthwise. Carefully drop the Brussels sprouts into the boiling water and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain immediately and immerse in the salted ice water to cool completely. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel. This can be done up to 1 day in advance.

View attachment 837883

View attachment 837885
In a large frying pan, heat the oil until it starts to smoke. Cook the Brussels sprouts, cut-side down, undisturbed, for 2-4 minutes, until they start to brown. Flip the Brussels sprouts and add the spicy anchovy (CANNA) butter; lower the heat to moderate and continue to cook until the butter melts, stirring occasionally. Season the Brussels sprouts with salt and finish with the lemon juice and chives.

View attachment 837886
Chef’s Tip: Baking soda helps maintain the beautiful vibrant color of green vegetables. Be careful, though, because too much baking soda will turn the vegetables mushy.

View attachment 837884

will repost this elsewhere as well.

Ha... It's good to see I'm not the only one with culinary experience on here. Almost 18 years of it, So far haha.

1 day and a half, +2 inches height, -4 gallons water, there are three whorls of branches forming colas, she is at 20+ inches wide.
and about to stretch.

pH 5.8 PPM 800 still on grow nutes. added liquid w8 and grow a&b today. Raised the lights 6 inches.

the small guy is showing new leaf yellowing. So I bumped the PPM 100 and liquid weight should add enough carbohydrate P&K to resolve it. If it goes farther I have to look at iron def. As soon as they start stretching they get hit up to 1200 PPM with bloom a&b, and open sesame.

View attachment 837797 View attachment 837798 View attachment 837799 View attachment 837800
Im pretty sure that you already know what i am going to say about this. Those are gonna be something in flower man. I love that you did the LST but the one on the right has my heart racing. I cant say itll color up but i think that it has something in-store for you. I cant wait to see flower, if i know her you have something to watch..

Im pretty sure that you already know what i am going to say about this. Those are gonna be something in flower man. I love that you did the LST but the one on the right has my heart racing. I cant say itll color up but i think that it has something in-store for you. I cant wait to see flower, if i know her you have something to watch..

Ya i know it! She makes me smile. I've been thinking that the MH light is keeping her in veg. Should I swap out for the HPS this week and go to bloom nutes? I'm thinking yes.

The little one looks a lot better after upping the nutes, so obviously they can take it.

I think so too, I have been looking for black dragon grows in the archives, and most of them are smaller than this girl by a long shot. I peeked at her roots this morning, they are now out all around the netpot, this is my first run without using a top drip, I'm glad I did.

The top drip grown plants (all of em) had the roots mostly out the bottom, and then got fatter where they float in the rez. With a dry top it's forcing them out the sides, so the effect is multiple sets of main roots, more distributed.

That is exactly what I thought and hoped would happen.

I am itching to swap in the HPS bulbs soon and add flower nutes. But they are so happy where they are at.

Back