Indoor GG's Giant Greens

I did look closer and I thought it was not balls. But I will check again when the sun comes up. That is the most vigorous plant, and the largest early leaves. I placed a bet on that one, its a man baby!

edit: no sex yet. I still think it's a he though.

Last edited:
The boys are always the ones that disappount the hardest, ubless youre loojibg for a stout male and then they are no where to be found lol

yep, I haven't decided if I.m gonna grow out any boys. I have the technology. lol.

@FullDuplex you mentioned you don't feed heavy. I am deciding when and how strong to mix it up. I tend to baby them, but if you think they can take it I'll bump her up to 800 or 1000. The rez is at 400 ppm , 5.9 pH right now and the roots have all hit the water. I'm thinking of swapping out the water this weekend.

With 4 plants in there my working theory is that they need more than if it was two plants like I normally do.

Today is the day then. There are more preflowers, but even under 30x I am not sure yet.

She's up to 600ppm.
25 gallons water
hydro fuel A&B Grow, calmag+, superthrive, liquid karma

5.9 pH 70 degreeF
min max temp 67-74
min max RH 28-40
600 watts HPS at 20 inches

all.jpg

did a little lst on 1
1.1_Bokeh.jpg

2.2_Bokeh.jpg

1.212_Bokeh.jpg

3.3_Bokeh.jpg

4.4_Bokeh.jpg

3.434_Bokeh.jpg

@green genes quick one and I'll be in tonight for a full reply.

That one that is exploding I hope is a female. Damn thing is raging. They look fantastic mate.

Looks like im a bit late for the NL, but I'm pulling up a seat for the next run you have running! Love your style man!

I've recently started toying around with the idea of growing hydro again for the first time in a few years. I am definitely a bit of an organic snob, but even I have to say that the growth rate with hydro is like nothing else in the world, and I'd be a complete liar if I said that I don't wish that I had that in my garden..... Right now I'm planning on starting my plants in the same heavy duty yellow topped totes you have, but running 16 plants per tote as a way to maximize my veg time before transplanting them into a supersoil for the second half of their life. The way I see it, It almost allows me to cheat the system and maximize my veg, but still giving me that organic finish my tastebuds crave...

Speaking of tastebuds, I hope you have a nice danksgiving my friend!

I hav yet to mess around with soil. For safety reasons I grow inside. I am afraid of pots to be honest, lots of mixing and watering going on. My engineer mind loves hydro. Don't get me wrong though, I have all sorts of gardening projects going on outside. I have some permaculture techniques in action, and some no till beds in clover for most of the year this year. I have lots of plants. I'm a bit obsessed with landscaping plants and fruit trees. At least 8 raised beds, hops, a 50 ft no till garden, and 2 hugelkulter raised beds.

@FullDuplex you mentioned you don't feed heavy. I am deciding when and how strong to mix it up. I tend to baby them, but if you think they can take it I'll bump her up to 800 or 1000. The rez is at 400 ppm , 5.9 pH right now and the roots have all hit the water. I'm thinking of swapping out the water this weekend.

With 4 plants in there my working theory is that they need more than if it was two plants like I normally do.

So first ill say that i see you have already upped the strength. Which is a god thing as they look like they can take it, the ones that are smaller i bet could take a bit more.

Looking at the pics i see that the larger one is showing leaf tip curl, but it looks environmental to me and nothing from the feed schedule. To give you an idea on how i feed ill share a little bit.

I do go light, but with that said i feed at every water. There is always some simple grow or bloom food in each of my watterings. So with that said yeah my mixes are more on the conservative side but that is to allow me to hit them with feed each time. Its the main reason that my leaf get so dark green, from time to time i run into nitrogen hook, but that is when i start adding the cal mag. Lowest i could find was 1-0-0 so there is still some N and we know that its a mobile element. When the root system uptakes water N is going with it if its there. On the fourth water its just clear water and i water until its pouring out the bottom.

I know that you are in hydro so they may respond a bit different but i will say the two that you have that are a little behind might take a strong dose well. I tried to breed with this in mind. Simple enough to grow on a simple nute schedule but have the ability to take a push if someone knows what they are doing. I say push them a bit and see what happens.

That one that is exploding I hope is a female. Damn thing is raging.

me too!

Looking at the pics i see that the larger one is showing leaf tip curl, but it looks environmental

I have raised the light a couple inches twice already, and there is plenty of air flow, temps are good. I figure it will be fine, but it is curious that just that one, under the weaker light and at the outside of light spread would be the one to curl. Although, maybe because it's closer to the heater. It does kick on at night.

I say push them a bit and see what happens.

They all share water so if I push one, I push them all. I will start hitting them with optic foliar and see how they do. I will watch a day or two, maybe bump up another 300 ppm when I get back from the weekend. I can hardly wait to see pistils coming out of them.

Last edited:
Back