Thanks for the update @FullDuplex. Looking forward to seeing your results! :pop:

Well @PlatinumLEDTom I said it before but ill say it yet again, these lights are amazing. I can believe the power coming off these things. I would say that what you pack in the lights is about right as well. As long as people follow the light distances in there things will be ok.

Things are moving right along, the pic before you could hardly see them under the wonderful purple hue, but now things are a bit different.

:shooty: Shooting straight with FD! :headbang: pics do not lie,... Are you using those LED spec. glasses? I can't imagine what eye-fragg' two P300's give when working in there! My P300 unit and simple ghetto supplementary light set-up is bad enough:dizzy: :haha: ... What's the rec' distance you had them at? .... :dragon7:Dragons, Bubba and friends-- sounds like Nickelodeon show! :woohoo1: Bubba-K is a staple out here in CA, and it has a big medical following for it's specific efficacies,... I'm betting the Dragons are better though!...pain, sleep,....

:shooty: Shooting straight with FD! :headbang: pics do not lie,... Are you using those LED spec. glasses? I can't imagine what eye-fragg' two P300's give when working in there! My P300 unit and simple ghetto supplementary light set-up is bad enough:dizzy: :haha: ... What's the rec' distance you had them at? .... :dragon7:Dragons, Bubba and friends-- sounds like Nickelodeon show! :woohoo1: Bubba-K is a staple out here in CA, and it has a big medical following for it's specific efficacies,... I'm betting the Dragons are better though!...pain, sleep,....

ah my friend, i am not using the glasses and yeah i get spun a little bit with the light after working in there. Its actually quite killer to be honest and i am only running them on veg at the moment.. Right now Platinum reccommends them at 30 in or so for seedlings. I noticed a wee bit of stretch so i dropped them down to 21 and i think that was a bit too close. THings kinds slowed for a day, then i got them back to 26 and things started acting normal again. Its all a learning curve for me i have never used LED before the platinum but now i am sold on them and want to replace some of my other gear.

The bubba has been a fav of mine for a long time, i havent had the chance to grow them until now so it should be a treat. They are the whores in the room that will get pollen on them. From what ill keep under my hat until i get a few F rolls on them. There are three of them in there and the best one will get a full on seeding, i hate to do that to good buds BUT good things come to those who wait for the next round. There are plenty other personal lines in there that are from @Mossy that have never made a release that i am rolling to keep the lines alive, one of them has a smoke grey bud to it and its so beautiful, i hope to see it again was a great smoke too.

If you want some decent eye protection without spending a fortune try these, Jackson Safety glasses with IRUV5.0 shade green lenses. They are dark enough to protect your eyes from the LEDs and while not specifically designed to color correct they do make the grow area look much more realistic. For $12 they do work quite well.

ps
I tried to put a link to them at Amazon but for some reason it won't embed.

Last edited:
The big question is how is fd responding to the light? :D

HA, yeah true statement. Im learning man its been a treat to be honest. Looking at the data they replace a 400 watt HPS, and i have only ever used 250 in everything that i have ever grown, ive never owned anything larger than that. So having 2 of these p300's is quite a bit of light inside that 3x3 tent. Just having them in veg mode throws a ton of light out and i learned really fast how strong that light can be. I started with the lights at the height that was listed and did notice some stretch so i moved them down and got a little excited with them and had them too close. Then i got them back up a little bit and everything is now perfect. Things are doing what they should now and the growth rate is pretty impressive. The peppers taught me a lot about how to use them and now that they are started in there its time to see what they really can do.

Few things that i want to also share about this run,

I never usually wave to far from what i know, and i am this time. LED is a new thing for me, i am also adding a few things to my feed schedule that i have never tried in the past. I have cal/mag, Mammoth P, A few GH additives for roots and flower enhancements on top of the FF trio. So i am hoping to see improvements over the 250 that i have ran for years.

Looking nice and healthy bro, just waiting for my auto ultimate to pop and they'll under the panels! I have a feeling its going to pull off a decent yield (I hope)

So this is the official one week update on the kids.

As you can see growth rate is on point for one week, i am pleased with the way that they are growing thats for damn sure.

One week old Bubba Kush is really taking to the light

The dragons are loving it as well. If you take a look back at the pics you can see how much growth change has happened over just 2 days.

Back