20240619221632_IMG_0222~2.JPG

20240616200307_IMG_0183.JPG

We have been hit by a storm belt...:windy:...high wind and torrential rain..most days for over a week...

Every thing has storm damage..but survives.

The tomatoes hiding down the side of the pot are ripening..

The high wind hit the chillies to.. literally blacked the leaves overnight on the windward side ...:rolleyes1:...

20240621202300_IMG_0255~3.JPG

But they survived....:headbang:....

And.. the cucumbers seem to enjoy cuddling up to the canna... happy companions.............for now....

20240621202317_IMG_0257.JPG

And......:pass:...how was your week.........?.....:watering:

View attachment 1689956

View attachment 1689960

We have been hit by a storm belt...:windy:...high wind and torrential rain..most days for over a week...

Every thing has storm damage..but survives.

The tomatoes hiding down the side of the pot are ripening..

The high wind hit the chillies to.. literally blacked the leaves overnight on the windward side ...:rolleyes1:...

View attachment 1689967

But they survived....:headbang:....

And.. the cucumbers seem to enjoy cuddling up to the canna... happy companions.............for now....

View attachment 1689968

And......:pass:...how was your week.........?.....:watering:
with this years weather I am just happy that I am not a farmer.... my heart would be broken this year.

Nice to see your gardens, even with the rainy weather and crazy storms. Plants sure are hardy.
I wanted to post some updated pics. It’s only half the garden. We got a new pup on Father’s Day and she wouldn’t stop eating leaves. I’ll try to get the rest of the garden up soon.
Tomato aisle. They more than doubled in the last week with the hot weather.
IMG_3904.jpeg

Got our first fruit. Lots of flowers too now.
IMG_3905.jpeg

IMG_3906.jpeg

Potato row
IMG_3907.jpeg

Baby corns. I just planted some pole beans next to each one.
IMG_3908.jpeg

Watermelon and acorn squash
IMG_3909.jpeg

Late peas
IMG_3910.jpeg

Just transplanted cucumbers
IMG_3911.jpeg

This rhubarb is going wild. Check out the size of these leaves (never grown rhubarb before, my parents dug theirs out and brought it over.
IMG_3912.jpeg

Also the puppy with our big boy.
IMG_3883.jpeg

Thank you for the points @Mozzy & @Mossy
:smokeout:
Here’s the rest of the garden. Strawberries, peas and a nasturtium taking over
IMG_3914.jpeg

Red Russian kale and spinach I’m going to collect seeds from. Plus the carrots, zucchini, and a tomatillo.
IMG_3915.jpeg
IMG_3927.jpeg

Another zucchini, onions, and arugula that’s flowering.
IMG_3916.jpeg

Sweet peppers looking good after transplant. Been picking off buds to focus on root growth. Some cukes and onions too.
IMG_3917.jpeg

Some hot peppers, lots of lettuce and the cukes I planted May 15 are finally taking off. There is also a Thai basil in the middle.
IMG_3918.jpeg
IMG_3919.jpeg
IMG_3920.jpeg

Blueberries, two types of lavender and daisies. I love the different colors in the garden.
IMG_3921.jpeg

Blueberries in the back are ripening, though most of them are still on the tart side.
IMG_3923.jpeg
IMG_3924.jpeg

Potted tomatoes and I just potted up the last zucchini yesterday. The potted tomatoes have slowed down recently. Probably my sporadic watering.
IMG_3925.jpeg
IMG_3926.jpeg

That’s all for now. Happy Monday everyone.

Last edited:
Thank you for the points @Mozzy & @Mossy
:smokeout:
Here’s the rest of the garden. Strawberries, peas and a nasturtium taking over
View attachment 1690205
Red Russian kale and spinach I’m going to collect seeds from. Plus the carrots, zucchini, and a tomatillo.
View attachment 1690206View attachment 1690217
Another zucchini, onions, and arugula that’s flowering.
View attachment 1690207
Sweet peppers looking good after transplant. Been picking off buds to focus on root growth. Some cukes and onions too.
View attachment 1690208
Some hot peppers, lots of lettuce and the cukes I planted May 15 are finally taking off. There is also a Thai basil in the middle.
View attachment 1690209View attachment 1690210View attachment 1690211
Blueberries, two types of lavender and daisies. I love the different colors in the garden.
View attachment 1690212
Blueberries in the back are ripening, though most of them are still on the tart side.
View attachment 1690213View attachment 1690214
Potted tomatoes and I just potted up the last zucchini yesterday. The potted tomatoes have slowed down recently. Probably my sporadic watering.
View attachment 1690215View attachment 1690216
That’s all for now. Happy Monday everyone.
Looking good! Love the variety...my environment is not conducive to growing much these days but a goal is to get an acre+ in the PNW someday, so your garden gives me hope for the future. Happy Monday :cheers:

Looking good! Love the variety...my environment is not conducive to growing much these days but a goal is to get an acre+ in the PNW someday, so your garden gives me hope for the future. Happy Monday :cheers:
Thanks mozzy. This is our first year here, but so far it seems great for growing.

Wow guys you are all doing great :clapper::clapper::clapper: Now I have some bad news for my tomato plants , I will be chopping them out , I can no longer stand the Assistant Manager at work , He is here till November so I am not putting up with him and his laziness and lies , So time to open a new door . :thumbsup:
@KIS Thank you , you have just confirmed the reason - way to much - I recon soil building should be taught at schools every where , then people will have a way better understand of eco systems and then they will understand why is so important to our planet . :mrgreen:

Back