Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

Ah..shit.
But why are your plants so late?
The outdoor people here harvested in september.

They're Dinafem Big Kush and I'm chancing it outdoors. Seems ok so far... I probably should take them down about now if I was a sensible man...

He who dares wins tho Rodney..

It's gonna be dry and sunny for a week here.. I'm taking it to the wire. [emoji6][emoji111]️[emoji51]

Don't make any changes until you see her autoflower.. there going to stretch some more!!! Slow and steady Doc!! :pass:
Yes, yes... I understand that.
What is not clear, is the distinction between pre-flower and flowering.
Now I have read @Muddy's paper on the life cycle of autos. I have a noname plant from a free seed and a small THC Bomb auto maturing. Both are 10-11 weeks old. I will use his method for both plants.
My previous plants have been harvested too early coz the small made Her Ladyship paranoid. Now I have carbon filters.

This branch is too low.. it needs to be level with all the others
and do you see the 2 colas at 10 and 12 oclock in the pic below? wrap them around the pot more to make the plant more symmetrical, your gonna need the space when she starts piling on the buds on the cola that is at "10 o'clock" keep the white tie you have on her but put another one at the node above it and use that string/tie to sway the cola to the left more

yup auxins is the main thing we are manipulating to benefit us and the plant
Here is todays adjustments, @tripaholic88. I want to use the room I have in the height. What do you think?

360 photos...I turn the pot to the right and cover every angle.

WCOG indica

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Finally, a Rocket Fuel shower and a fat meal after beeing handled.
image.jpeg

WCOG sativa

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Finally, a Rocket Fuel shower and a fat meal after beeing handled.
image.jpeg
Å

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 59
It don't make sence what your doing doc lol
I'm not sure why you have this branch tied down so low and the others way up above them? This eliminates the whole reason of lst

Screenshot_2016-10-09-13-35-51.jpg

On this one take the ties that I have x's on, take them off and put a tie where I drew one in
Screenshot_2016-10-09-13-34-50.jpg

It don't make sence what your doing doc lol
I'm not sure why you have this branch tied down so low and the others way up above them? This eliminates the whole reason of lst

View attachment 643928
On this one take the ties that I have x's on, take them off and put a tie where I drew one in
View attachment 643929

Okay... I'll do it again. My idea was to have the branches grow upwards, but that was stupid?

Okay... I'll do it again. My idea was to have the branches grow upwards, but that was stupid?
you want them all to grow up evenly. that one where i tole u to put a tie, tat is just an "anchor" to keep it right where it is and let the nodes "above it" grow taller and catch up with what you do still have tied down

LST - FastBuds West Coast OG

@tripaholic88 @The Elvis @HashMaster am I on the right track? What do think of the LST strategies? I think I have understood how to do it.

Does sativa and indica phenos any differences in their prefered food? I feed them the same, except for adjusting minerals according to needs.
They grow very good, so I must do something right.

WCOG sativa pheno
The main stem grows around the edge of the pot.
The side branches have stretched approx 10 cm over the edge of the pot. She will require more space than she can have if it continues, so all long side branches was tied to sticks, to direct growth upwards.

View attachment 643033 View attachment 643034 View attachment 643032

WCOG indica pheno
The main stem grows around the edge of the pot.
The side branches fill the pot out nicely.
@tripaholic88, is there anything I should do, except from directing the growth of the main stem?
My plan is to let it grow level and in circles until it stops, then let the main cola grow upwards.

View attachment 643035 View attachment 643036 View attachment 643037 View attachment 643038 View attachment 643039
The indica pheno is alot better shape imo doc ure getting there

Update on the WCOGs, and my nute line and plant container study.

@tripaholic88, I don't understand your criticism. Look at the pics, I have managed to direct all branches to an upward growth. The main cola and a few small branches have to develop more before I'm done.

I know I could get the canopy more even, but I need to use the vertical space. My AN fed Green Cracks in 5 gal and 12 L has become 1 ft 5 in wide and have already crossed the circumference of the pots. Luckily, two small plants will be chopped soon. The tent can accommodate 9 plants. I have 14 in there.

WCOG indica
image.jpeg

WCOG sativa
image.jpeg

Comparison of Big Plant Science and Advanced Nutrients nute lines. - Current observations.
@HashMaster @XxxAuto @The Elvis @Bailey @Waira @witchyhour @Vlad The Inhaler I want you to see these data.

Pots
The gronest fabric smart pots seems to outclass the air pot. Growth started out much faster in 10 L air pots than in the 18,5 L (5 gal) smart pots, but suddenly explosive growth occured in the wide pots, while the plants in the taller air pots grow much slower.

Nutes
Initially, seedlings fed the @BiG Plant Science nute line grew faster and wider than plants fed Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow. At the seedling stage, air pots stimulated growth better than the other container types. Suddenly, the AN fed plants in 12 L bucket and 5 gal smart pot displayed an explosive growth from week 3. In 10 L air pots, the AN fed plant performes slightly better than the Big fed, but neither grow as crazy as the plants in the other container types, that I initially deemed inferior to the air pot. So far, my hypothesises seems to be falsified, but still 10 weeks to go.

Look at the structures of the plants. The angle of the branches differ. Is this just natural variation in a population or may the choise of nutes be involved?

Big Plant Sci. fed plant to the left. Adv. Nutr. fed plant to the right.

Pic 1. Container: Cheap bricklayer bucket. Which plant looks the best? Do I see a natural variation or a nute effect?

image.jpeg

Pic 2. Container: gronest smart pot. Here, both plants seems equally bushy. Adv. Nutr. fed plant is higher and wider.
image.jpeg

Back