Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

Parcel from Bonza with extra seeds.
I am happy they gave a decent compensation for my bad experience and the surprise box.

I like their stealth!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I got the free seeds of the month, based on the amount of money I spendt and these 3 in addition.
image.jpeg

the indica has taken shape it look doc.. i didnt get lst down my first attempt. it took me maybe 2-3 different times to get it right.. problem with the branches that are alot lower than the taller ones is that they will not have enough veg time to catch up with the taller branches due to autos short veg time...

the indica has taken shape it look doc.. i didnt get lst down my first attempt. it took me maybe 2-3 different times to get it right.. problem with the branches that are alot lower than the taller ones is that they will not have enough veg time to catch up with the taller branches due to autos short veg time...
I am aware of the problem with the lower branches on the indica. There are also 2-3 small, underdeveloped branches. I will try to expose them to as much light as possible. It may also recieve light from two lamps, one lower than the other.

The sativa needs to fill the pot. Working on that.

4 Nigerian Landrace and 3 Sensi Star seeds are in soil today. I have a thread for that at Potpros. http://www.potpros.net/forums/threa...n-landrace-and-sensi-star.55205/#post-1199853

Update on the WCOGs, and my nute line and plant container study.

@tripaholic88, I don't understand your criticism. Look at the pics, I have managed to direct all branches to an upward growth. The main cola and a few small branches have to develop more before I'm done.

I know I could get the canopy more even, but I need to use the vertical space. My AN fed Green Cracks in 5 gal and 12 L has become 1 ft 5 in wide and have already crossed the circumference of the pots. Luckily, two small plants will be chopped soon. The tent can accommodate 9 plants. I have 14 in there.

WCOG indica
View attachment 644677

WCOG sativa
View attachment 644676

Comparison of Big Plant Science and Advanced Nutrients nute lines. - Current observations.
@HashMaster @XxxAuto @The Elvis @Bailey @Waira @witchyhour @Vlad The Inhaler I want you to see these data.

Pots
The gronest fabric smart pots seems to outclass the air pot. Growth started out much faster in 10 L air pots than in the 18,5 L (5 gal) smart pots, but suddenly explosive growth occured in the wide pots, while the plants in the taller air pots grow much slower.

Nutes
Initially, seedlings fed the @BiG Plant Science nute line grew faster and wider than plants fed Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow. At the seedling stage, air pots stimulated growth better than the other container types. Suddenly, the AN fed plants in 12 L bucket and 5 gal smart pot displayed an explosive growth from week 3. In 10 L air pots, the AN fed plant performes slightly better than the Big fed, but neither grow as crazy as the plants in the other container types, that I initially deemed inferior to the air pot. So far, my hypothesises seems to be falsified, but still 10 weeks to go.

Look at the structures of the plants. The angle of the branches differ. Is this just natural variation in a population or may the choise of nutes be involved?

Big Plant Sci. fed plant to the left. Adv. Nutr. fed plant to the right.

Pic 1. Container: Cheap bricklayer bucket. Which plant looks the best? Do I see a natural variation or a nute effect?

View attachment 644678

Pic 2. Container: gronest smart pot. Here, both plants seems equally bushy. Adv. Nutr. fed plant is higher and wider.
View attachment 644679

The problem with all this is... you're growing from seed and the seed pheno is the biggest variant of them all. You can't really do side by side comparisons unless you're growing pretty much identical cuttings from the same mother plant.

Interesting stuff tho.. [emoji1360]

The problem with all this is... you're growing from seed and the seed pheno is the biggest variant of them all. You can't really do side by side comparisons unless you're growing pretty much identical cuttings from the same mother plant.

That's sounds right Doc

The variation between seeds are the reason I use 3 plants for each nute line. It also needs repetitition.
But you are right - genetically identical plants are the best. And I will do it, but it takes time and I have to be in the mood. I hope to establish mothers for Sensi Star and Nigerian Landrace (journal at Potpros) that can be used for the purpose.
When I say "in the mood" I mean in the mood to run the above strains again. I have a nice collection of photoperiod seeds. Bonzas free seeds are quality seeds and I will grow them. If the potency of those strains compare to their descriptions, I have a staple sativa and staple indica.
I look forwards to the day I am self supplied. The photos will help. Current goal: large stock. Grow 2-3 autos in a small tent just for fun.

Apropos free seeds... Anyone who crave CBD? I have a CBD Crew Critical Mass seed. 5% THC and 5% CBD...a digit is missing on the THC content... Anyone who want it?

Back