Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

:toke: What's up mates?
...Dr. B', is the new growth staying unusually pale still? I'm sure you've noticed young leaves do stay lighter in color until well developed,...if this is beyond the normal you see, first thing most likely to cause pale color on newest growth is Fe defc, which usually starts from the "palms" out toward the tips,... does look a bit like that in the pics, but the camera can play it's optical tricks,... best bet for fix is a micronutrient supplement of some kind; sometimes, Fe defc. is linked with other micro's defc., like Zn, Mn, Cu.... The question is if your soil is off-pH or not,... Fe defc., like any other, can be caused by a basic lack-of, or a pH lock-out (near to and past 7.0 for Fe), or a toxicity issue (too much of some element) causing lockout.... if you've been feeding at lower pH's, and the soil isn't loaded with a lime source, I tend to think it's just a lack-of defc.,... :pass:

:toke: What's up mates?
...Dr. B', is the new growth staying unusually pale still? I'm sure you've noticed young leaves do stay lighter in color until well developed,...if this is beyond the normal you see, first thing most likely to cause pale color on newest growth is Fe defc, which usually starts from the "palms" out toward the tips,... does look a bit like that in the pics, but the camera can play it's optical tricks,... best bet for fix is a micronutrient supplement of some kind; sometimes, Fe defc. is linked with other micro's defc., like Zn, Mn, Cu.... The question is if your soil is off-pH or not,... Fe defc., like any other, can be caused by a basic lack-of, or a pH lock-out (near to and past 7.0 for Fe), or a toxicity issue (too much of some element) causing lockout.... if you've been feeding at lower pH's, and the soil isn't loaded with a lime source, I tend to think it's just a lack-of defc.,... :pass:

Thank you for the valuable comment!

Actually, I gave her some mulch with dolomite lime and bat guano yesterday.

What about this plan:
1. Wash soil with 10 L water pH 6.5
2. Leave for 1 hr for run off - take a sample for pH measurement early and late run off.
3. 2 L full strenght Sensi Grow, GH Urtica, t-spoon molasses, 3,5 g Epsom salt, CalMagX.
4. Tomorrow, transplant. Water with pH 6.5
5. Water, pH 6.5 when dry.

Thank you for the valuable comment!

Actually, I gave her some mulch with dolomite lime and bat guano yesterday.

What about this plan:
1. Wash soil with 10 L water pH 6.5
2. Leave for 1 hr for run off - take a sample for pH measurement early and late run off.
3. 2 L full strenght Sensi Grow, GH Urtica, t-spoon molasses, 3,5 g Epsom salt, CalMagX.
4. Tomorrow, transplant. Water with pH 6.5
5. Water, pH 6.5 when dry.
Sounds fine just if it was me bro I'd go half strength

...here's the catch with pH testing using run-off... it's an inferior method, prone to all kinds of measurement error; with the recent inputs of lime and bat poo, it makes no sense to flush unless you have a confirmed case of badly off pH, and right now, you don't,... have a look at this improved method for run-off testing -( https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-for-run-off-testing-and-ph-estimation.41733/ )... even now, after that mulching, you'll get a skewed reading,... wait on the flush, and water around the mulch if you can, and do this test,... you'll see, the pH test does have you water until you get about a half L of run off, then you let it sit for 1 hour, then (ideally) using RO/DI water, pour enough in to get a 1/2 L of run-off for testing, collected in a clean vessel,... if you have no pure water, use you usual source, but don't pH adjust it, or further skewing will occur,... Transplant is fine, but disturb the root minimally! Wait a few days or so to fert., letting the roots recover some, then as Baily says, go 1/2 str. on nutes, and ease up from there,... do you have B1 vitamins, or Superthrive, some sort of root tonic to help with transplant shock?

...here's the catch with pH testing using run-off... it's an inferior method, prone to all kinds of measurement error; with the recent inputs of lime and bat poo, it makes no sense to flush unless you have a confirmed case of badly off pH, and right now, you don't,... have a look at this improved method for run-off testing -( https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-for-run-off-testing-and-ph-estimation.41733/ )... even now, after that mulching, you'll get a skewed reading,... wait on the flush, and water around the mulch if you can, and do this test,... you'll see, the pH test does have you water until you get about a half L of run off, then you let it sit for 1 hour, then (ideally) using RO/DI water, pour enough in to get a 1/2 L of run-off for testing, collected in a clean vessel,... if you have no pure water, use you usual source, but don't pH adjust it, or further skewing will occur,... Transplant is fine, but disturb the root minimally! Wait a few days or so to fert., letting the roots recover some, then as Baily says, go 1/2 str. on nutes, and ease up from there,... do you have B1 vitamins, or Superthrive, some sort of root tonic to help with transplant shock?

Now she had water pH 6.5 to run off with 1/2 nutes and calmag.
I will remove her carefully from the pot tomorrow and place her in fresh soil with 25% petite pre-soaked with water and Hesi Root Complex pH 6.5, and 25% LECA. Watering with more Root Complex, molasses and GH Urtica.

I was gonna say it looks pretty normal for new growth on an outdoor plant! [emoji6]
The color variation on new growth occured during/after the 4 days she was on 12/12 under LED light.
How much could a such monster yield when flowering naturally outside in a 20 L container? It is still two months veg time.
The little White Widow I have will probably give 10 top buds and she is underdeveloped due to a stem damage as seedling.

The color variation on new growth occured during/after the 4 days she was on 12/12 under LED light.
How much could a such monster yield when flowering naturally outside in a 20 L container? It is still two months veg time.
The little White Widow I have will probably give 10 top buds and she is underdeveloped due to a stem damage as seedling.

That all depends on the weather Doc. You need good sunshine in the Autumn for the best buds. I asked my mate Keggs how much we yielded from our four outdoor monsters, cos I couldn't remember. We got 24Oz from the four plants, they were in the ground tho so ended up about two and a half metres high, so they fell over! [emoji849]

We lost a few buds to rot, it gets damp and foggy here in October so they were constantly wet.

Fingers crossed for late summer sun dude! [emoji111]️

Those photos can be difficult like that. My Queenie is still not doing great. :(

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Back