Indoor Dr. Babniks Botanical Garden - My AFN News Journal

Systemic Aquired Resistance is Controlled by salicylic acid (SA) it has Broad resistance and it is More durable and Relies on the plants endogenous defenses to be effective against biotrophic pathogens for the most part.

Are you sure folks wanna hear about this, I think you and I are the only ones who really get off on the scincey stuff lol

Systemic Aquired Resistance is Controlled by salicylic acid (SA) it has Broad resistance and it is More durable and Relies on the plants endogenous defenses to be effective against biotrophic pathogens for the most part.

Are you sure folks wanna hear about this, I think you and I are the only ones who really get off on the scincey stuff lol
im always down to learn how/why these plants grow but some of the terms i dont fully understand...

Lol...you are on to something...

Does it mean anything for us, practically? I have a product to induce it, but are such chemicals worth the money?

Lol...you are on to something...

Does it mean anything for us, practically? I have a product to induce it, but are such chemicals worth the money?

Yes but it is more to do with SA and Chitosan what I mean is compared to Salicylic Acid, Chitosan is slower and less effective at inducing plant cell immunity; in combination with a well formulated Salicylic Acid solution, chitosan has compounded effects as Salicylic Acid amplifies the “alarm” triggered by the chitosan. The most powerful products always use both of these ingredients. Scorpion juice,from Advanced Nutrients, is an example of a product that contains both Salicylic Acid and Chitosan. These two additives were made for eachother: Chitosan backs up the Salicylic Acid solution in perfect harmony, while it feeds reduced carbon and nitrogen to symbiotic microbes.

Yes but it is more to do with SA and Chitosan what I mean is compared to Salicylic Acid, Chitosan is slower and less effective at inducing plant cell immunity; in combination with a well formulated Salicylic Acid solution, chitosan has compounded effects as Salicylic Acid amplifies the “alarm” triggered by the chitosan. The most powerful products always use both of these ingredients. Scorpion juice,from Advanced Nutrients, is an example of a product that contains both Salicylic Acid and Chitosan. These two additives were made for eachother: Chitosan backs up the Salicylic Acid solution in perfect harmony, while it feeds reduced carbon and nitrogen to symbiotic microbes.
I am testing the Danish brand Big Plant Science; Powerhouse, Micropower, Stimulus (this is SAR activating) and Bud Explotion. I compare it with Adv. Nutr. Sensi, Bud Ignitor, Big Bud and Overdrive.
@XxxAuto is also testing Big.

I use Big on all new plants now.

For the FastBuds Green Crack I feed 2 plants Big and 1 plant Sensi. Not very scientific. Two plants with each is ok for hobby use, but a minimum of 3, better 5 or 6, and repeatitions are necessary if one want to do some simple stats.

Www.bigplantscience.com need to be translated to English asap. Its feeding schedules are based on hardness of water. A very interesting approach.

I am testing the Danish brand Big Plant Science; Powerhouse, Micropower, Stimulus (this is SAR activating) and Bud Explotion. I compare it with Adv. Nutr. Sensi, Bud Ignitor, Big Bud and Overdrive.
@XxxAuto is also testing Big.

I use Big on all new plants now.

For the FastBuds Green Crack I feed 2 plants Big and 1 plant Sensi. Not very scientific. Two plants with each is ok for hobby use, but a minimum of 3, better 5 or 6, and repeatitions are necessary if one want to do some simple stats.

Www.bigplantscience.com need to be translated to English asap. Its feeding schedules are based on hardness of water. A very interesting approach.
Yeah... This should be an exciting products ! I'll just started this nutrients setup at my Heavyweight grow, and the company promised to make a English version of their site asap like Dr. wrote, because they don't thinks international selling yet. But it will come... Just wait and see the growing :biggrin:

How does it enhance trichomes? And if so, is it a statstically significant effect?

Back