Indoor CFL grow, soil/coco, 3rd crop, 4 auto's

But with just 1L its doesn't even wet the entire top surface...if I only put that much, then what happens down low? That'll create a dry pocket or since the top is so much more wet..roots will grow at the top. It takes the full 2L in with very little runoff...drops mostly.
So I moved the little heater to the floor and covered the little openings of the hut for overnight...since lights come on at 5am and I wake today at 10:30am..they had 5 hours in a more sealed area than usual since I don't block the little openings before..but I wanted the heat from the heater to stay in without having the heater go non-stop. I got up and checked..temps above the lights were 30c but humidity was down to 40% instead of the 50-52 it has been the last 3 days (they usually get up to 50% if temps are at or below 25c during the day). I see the easy bud is perking up. After watering last week it was ok..but 3 days later..that one mainly, the leaves closer to the top all droop heavily. Today they finally stood back up to be close to even with the ground lol. Even moneymaker..has been looking a little weak compared how it was 2 weeks ago..but I notice that one too the leaves have shown rigidness. Im guessing at 50% humidity and not enough power from my lights to neither heat the soil to cause evaporation or make the plants grow fast to drink more, also, the long, stretched out stems on the two flowering, seems maybe the 50% humidity was the tipping point where they don't need as much water from the soil and take it from the air instead..so I lose that pressure in the stem to keep leaves upright at the top? Im watering today as its dry now..i also poked 4 holes about 6 inches down in each pot with a thicker chopstick yesterday to help with the drying and air to the roots.

Attachments

• Easy Bud after raise in temp humidity from 50 to 40%.jpg
    Easy Bud after raise in temp humidity from 50 to 40%.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 88
Nice looking plants! What kind of light are you using? My last water was on Tuesday..prior to that was Friday..now im letting get a bit drier, so will be watering tmr morning. When I give the 2L each..runoff is less than a cup.
My internet was off as of this afternoon..i can still connect with a proxy though as the line is still active. I'll be calling tmr to connect elsewhere..costs less to connect with a new company than to reactivate the service I had lol. Happy new year to you as well! :)

I use CFL,s.
4 x 23 6500k
2 x 40 2700k
2 x 45 2700k
1 x 105 6500k
Just burning through old bulbs before I order 4 x 150w 6500k bulbs next month.
That's all. Not much different than you.
2x4x5 tent.
The pitcher there is what I fill for the middle plant every three day.i never allow runoff unless flushing. Although they are starting to drink a little more because of flowering. Try water only 1 liter at a time like EYE mentioned. Think you will see better results
IMG_0043.JPG

Keep us posted.
IMG_0042.JPG

But with just 1L its doesn't even wet the entire top surface...if I only put that much, then what happens down low? That'll create a dry pocket or since the top is so much more wet..roots will grow at the top. It takes the full 2L in with very little runoff...drops mostly.
So I moved the little heater to the floor and covered the little openings of the hut for overnight...since lights come on at 5am and I wake today at 10:30am..they had 5 hours in a more sealed area than usual since I don't block the little openings before..but I wanted the heat from the heater to stay in without having the heater go non-stop. I got up and checked..temps above the lights were 30c but humidity was down to 40% instead of the 50-52 it has been the last 3 days (they usually get up to 50% if temps are at or below 25c during the day). I see the easy bud is perking up. After watering last week it was ok..but 3 days later..that one mainly, the leaves closer to the top all droop heavily. Today they finally stood back up to be close to even with the ground lol. Even moneymaker..has been looking a little weak compared how it was 2 weeks ago..but I notice that one too the leaves have shown rigidness. Im guessing at 50% humidity and not enough power from my lights to neither heat the soil to cause evaporation or make the plants grow fast to drink more, also, the long, stretched out stems on the two flowering, seems maybe the 50% humidity was the tipping point where they don't need as much water from the soil and take it from the air instead..so I lose that pressure in the stem to keep leaves upright at the top? Im watering today as its dry now..i also poked 4 holes about 6 inches down in each pot with a thicker chopstick yesterday to help with the drying and air to the roots.

Good job. If your watering every six day by the third day your plants are looking for oxegen , that's why they are perking up after watering. Fresh supply of oxegen. That's why if you water every three days max they never run out.

I actually heard the opposite..that if one doesn't let it dry out enough..then they don't get oxygen. If the soil is constantly saturated with water..the roots won't get oxygen. but like most things in this hobby..for every one thing I see..I see someone that says the exact opposite lol. Once my new light arrives..i may scrap these ones and start the last 3 auto's I have..im just eager to get rid of them and do regulars..auto's are not working for me at all! These ones too..are kind of yellow..spots on leaves..its not really worth seeing this one out...no way I get even 10 grams off the 4 combined. I was just curious to see how they grow, but like the 1st 2 auto's..they are really lacking or have an abundance of something:) I was very happy with the regular I grew..but ya, auto's don't cooperate with me at all:)

I water 500 ml at a time..wait a minute or two then add the next 500. When I poked the holes in each of the 4 corners of the container yesterday..there was resistance in all of them...the roots are everywhere..so by only watering the stem..am I supposed to let all the rest of the roots dry out? The only consensus ive always seen..is once the plant is established and grown into its medium..you always water thoroughly with a bit of runoff..otherwise..you're waiting to open a hole other can of worms by watering in small spurts.

I use CFL,s.
4 x 23 6500k
2 x 40 2700k
2 x 45 2700k
1 x 105 6500k
Just burning through old bulbs before I order 4 x 150w 6500k bulbs next month.
That's all. Not much different than you.
2x4x5 tent.
The pitcher there is what I fill for the middle plant every three day.i never allow runoff unless flushing. Although they are starting to drink a little more because of flowering. Try water only 1 liter at a time like EYE mentioned. Think you will see better resultsView attachment 681092
Keep us posted.
View attachment 681089
Your plants look really nice! Im not able to achieve that with auto's unfortunately..seems the more I try, the worse it gets. Too finicky..too unpredictable from one day to the next..it just discourages me to look at them lol. I'll be back once I do my regulars..no point in posting journals and pics of these sorry looking auto's! lol best of luck on your grow..they do look nice..especially with just cfl's!

Finally received my little mars 300 today..just hooked it up. its brighter for sure, but more importantly..it looks much more uniform now. With the cfl's, it was bright but only right around the bulb..there were gaps between, even with 16 hanging. I put it at the max height I can..17-18 inches above. We'll see what it does. Oh and the yellowingon the moneymaker seems to have been caused by the fan..i guess the air was too cold for it and that's the only plant that got most of the air and that side only. Seems that moneymaker is a regular afterall..so will just keep growing it until I can flower lol. Will have end of week 7 pics tmr. Hopefully next grow with only 3 and better lighting will help it. I know..it's a ghetto looking setup..it'll get better in time:)

Attachments

• Photo0502.jpg
    Photo0502.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 63
Sorry for taking so long to get back here @comet79 ! It's been a long week!

:pass:

Soo about the watering and oxygen. The roots are taking their oxygen from the water. If the water sits in the pot for too long, it loses its oxygen content and the plant suffocates. So yes you want to keep it continuously drying but also add fresh water as often as possible, since this is how and when you're providing oxygen.

Depending on your medium, drainage and aeration, you will be able to water more or less frequently while continuing to achieve the right amount of drying.

The faster you can get your medium to dry, and the more often you can water while doing so is the goal.

You should try fabric pots.

I can't see them too well In your most recent picture, but they look good!!

:bighug:

I did look into fabric pots..but im not sure how I can do that indoors..it would make an incredible mess each time I watered and watering too gets irregular from what I read as the fabric pots don't dry out uniformly. Ive read quite a few people say they tried and went back to plastic bins. Ive increased the heat to lower humidity, maybe that'll dry them out faster. When I tried to water only 1L..it wasn't wet even at the top completely..i used 2L this week and got zero runoff. That was Monday for 2 of them and Tuesday for the other 2. Soil is still damp on top...temps are close to 28-30 Celsius and humidity now is around 35%.

Back