Indoor CFL grow, soil/coco, 3rd crop, 4 auto's

Before my connection is interrupted...may be back in a weeks time..billing complications lol...either way..end of week 6 today...moneymaker still is not showing pre flowering...thinking I will treat it as a regular. Forced some ties on the northern, mainly the top to perhaps finally induce growth from other flowers in the thick canopy...minor clipping of mostly lower flowering spots on both northern and money maker. Some of the leaf discoloring is due to water directly touching leaf..but im wondering if others I see on moneymaker is a phosphorous or calcium deficiency...will up bloom feed in next watering.

Ordered a mars 300 (60x5 watts) to help with flowering. based on dozens of videos and articles I read in 4 days, with the cfl's I have...I think I can make a decent success of things in my tiny space for now. If light does as well as ive seen..i may ordera scond...for the cost at the moment..it seems the best bang. Should receive it hopefully next week or early the week after.

The tiny flowers I snipped off down low were already quite sticky on the two flowering (easy bud and bubble gum)...I know they look shitty...maybe the led will help the two for mid-late flower...either way...it'll get better in short time with better lighting:) My goal for the harvest following this and the next round of auto's I have left (2 king tut's and 1 cash crop), will be 2 regulars with possibly same lighting as i'll have next week (mars 300 with 10, 23 watt 2700k cfl's for flower and up to 14 6500k's for veg) and hope to get 4-5 oz's off each regular in a 4 month grow.
P.S. pics were taken prior to lst of tops for northern and moneymaker

Attachments

• Bubble Gum End week 6.jpg
    Bubble Gum End week 6.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 79
  • Easy Bud  End week 6.jpg
    Easy Bud End week 6.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Money Maker  End week 6.jpg
    Money Maker End week 6.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Northern  End week 6.jpg
    Northern End week 6.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Looks like your overwatering and maybe too much feed. If there is food in the soil you shouldn't over feed liquid. It will get to be too much for the auto and burn it out. Wait til the soil is real dry like you forgot about it and then only water it enough for 2 or 3 max days. Looking at these plants 500 ml each should be more than enough. Don't wait until you see water coming out. None should at this point in their lives. Looks like I see brown spots that's because the roots are too wet with not enough oxegen. It may help to dry them If you drill a couple holes in the side of the container at the bottom. Autos are real touchy unless you are growing a sure quality seed. Dutch passion or crop kings are what I grow. Have a humboldt also but not for autos there. Best of luck. Happy new year.

I wasn't sure...plnats don't droop after watering...only maybe 3 days later recently. I was thinking as well that it may not be dry enough..but some say I need to water more..so its hard to decide lol:) They've been getting 2L each till now and run off is minimal.

Soil feels slightly damp an inch down..quite spongy now as the roots seem to have filled it. Temps with lights on are 24-27 Celsius slightly above lights and humidity around 45%...im not sure if its ok to have a fan blowing at it from the 'outside' of the little hut as the temp in the room itself is around 17 Celsius. Is it possible that maybe the soil itself isn't warm enough and thus not drying out the same way? temps now with lights out are under 20c and humidity is over 60%. 20/4 schedule. Should I place my mini heater by the base of the pots rather than hanging them at the top of the little 'hut'. Heater only goes on during lights out if temps drop below 16c. Since the cfl's don't produce much heat..i don't thing they can keep the soil warm enough below the very top..I don't know if that can be an issue.

You can try lifting the pots off the floor to insulate them. Heater should be at the bottom as heat rises. If the temp is dropping 8 degrees in just 4 hours the ambient temp must be lowerby more. Hope your not shocking you plants each night going from hot to cold . Your humidity is a problem as to why even the top of the pots are staying moist. May need to look into a AC or dehumidifier.

Yes as looking to get a dehumidifier. I thought 40-45% rh was ok..yes overnight it goes up with lights out..but that's how it is outdoors as well..humidity always rises at night. It only drops down to 16c when its considerably cold outside (-15ish)..otherwise temps remain at 17-18c in the room...the reason I put the heater at the top initially was to make sure it doesn't get too hot in the little hut as the heater would be going harder if on the floor. Plants are suspended off the ground to give drain holes some breathing room..they are mounted by about an inch or two. I wanted some stretching from the two not flowering yet so I heard if the temp change differs by about 6 max 8c, it will help them stretch. When I put my finger in today its damp at best..but virtually no soil sticks to my finger when put it in maybe 2 inches. Last water was Tuesday.

I keep humidity at 40 all the time. I have a Honeywell dehumidifier running 24/7. In the room my tent is in. Drops a little when lights are on from the heat.

This here is an auto Mazar. 18 inches tall just starting to flower. She drinks 500 ml a day. I give her a liter and a half every 3 days.
IMG_0040.JPG

This one gets just over a liter every 3 days. She is also 18 inches I just topped the first because it was growing so well. Best of luck and hit me up if ever.
IMG_0039.JPG

@comet79 by watering more, I, we meant more often than once per week. You should try giving them a lot less water but much more frequently.

I hope you get your internet trouble resolved and have a wonderful new year! See you soon!
:bighug:

Nice looking plants! What kind of light are you using? My last water was on Tuesday..prior to that was Friday..now im letting get a bit drier, so will be watering tmr morning. When I give the 2L each..runoff is less than a cup.
My internet was off as of this afternoon..i can still connect with a proxy though as the line is still active. I'll be calling tmr to connect elsewhere..costs less to connect with a new company than to reactivate the service I had lol. Happy new year to you as well! :)

Nice looking plants! What kind of light are you using? My last water was on Tuesday..prior to that was Friday..now im letting get a bit drier, so will be watering tmr morning. When I give the 2L each..runoff is less than a cup.
My internet was off as of this afternoon..i can still connect with a proxy though as the line is still active. I'll be calling tmr to connect elsewhere..costs less to connect with a new company than to reactivate the service I had lol. Happy new year to you as well! :)
Maybe try just giving each a liter instead of 2 liters each? Then it will dry out faster and need water again sooner than 4 or 5 days...
:pass:

I'm happy you're still able to access the internet! It's frustrating not having it.

Back