Indoor CFL grow, soil/coco, 3rd crop, 4 auto's

Took some more pics of moneymaker..even with the extra lst'ing this past week..growth added another 1.5-2 inch vertical (14 inches). I just hope the container wont be too small for it. Its getting harder to fit her in with the other 3 in there..seems im raising lights daily over her. Easy Bud will be getting chopped shortly. I'll see if I can get a scope this week. If not..it'll come out Friday for sure or earlier if moneymaker really cant fit properly anymore. Im also quite sure that the northerns shitty look is because of the compressed soil. That was the only one that wasn't yellowing early on and it had the darkest leaves going..then I pushed the soil down lol. I cant even stick my finger in to test for wetness (ok, that was just dirty lol). I'll see if I can maybe squash the plastic together and hopefully it'll push the soil back up a bit? Overall im excited for moneymaker!..what a comeback from 2 weeks ago! :woohoo1:

Attachments

• MM Start week 10 (2).jpg
    MM Start week 10 (2).jpg
    153 KB · Views: 76
  • MM start week 10 (2, 12-12).jpg
    MM start week 10 (2, 12-12).jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Money Maker End week 7.jpg
    Money Maker End week 7.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Money Maker End week 8.jpg
    Money Maker End week 8.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 91
I ordered a micoscope on ebay..coming from china so will receive in 1-2 months lol. my friend lent me his binoculars which are slightly better than mine and I was able to see the trichs with his, I saw most everything to be milky and noticed some amber on 2 of the buds so I decided to chop her tonight. 90 grams wet (Envelope is 3 grams), very very sticky!!! My fingers cant be washed and I don't know how to clean off the clippers I used! I also saved some trim, if someone can tell me how to store this for a short time..i'll be giving it away by Monday as I don't know what to do with it. Overall small plant, but it wasn't meant to be a big one, quality looks very nice, now hopefully I get the drying and curing right this time to avoid some bud rot that I had on my last grow.
On a side note..one led burnt out yesterday already on the mars 300..less than 3 weeks after purchase..needless to say, if I go led again, im going the cheapest one possible as I can get one that gives off over twice as much light as the mars for the same price. Otherwise it has to be the expensive ones with real led's.

Attachments

• Easy Bud Harvest day 68.jpg
    Easy Bud Harvest day 68.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Easy Bud   wet weight.jpg
    Easy Bud wet weight.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 75
Reached the start of week 11 for the 2 auto's. Moneymaker is starting week 3 since flip. Watered 2 of them today, bubble gum will get 1 more water in 2 days and chopping it some time around next weekend or a few days later. Northern has added on some size this week. I also watered that one on Wednesday with a bit of a higher dose of nitrogen feed..the leaves were yellowing/paling too much too early...I notice it helped, and trichs really showed up on her this week! It seems I have a habit of under-feeding, and/or, that gh flora isn't very strong. Money Maker seems to have slowed its stretch now..pulled branches more to the side and once she's alone i'll spread her out much more. Reached 16 inches, its gonna be a nice one! :)

Attachments

• Bubble Gum End week 10.jpg
    Bubble Gum End week 10.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Money Maker End week 10 (2 since flip).jpg
    Money Maker End week 10 (2 since flip).jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Money Maker End week 10 (2).jpg
    Money Maker End week 10 (2).jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Northern  End week 10..jpg
    Northern End week 10..jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Northern  End week 10.jpg
    Northern End week 10.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 74
Internet is finally fixed, back with updates. Will post the next 3 weeks in succession and then comment.

Attachments

• Bubble Gum End week 11 Harvest day.jpg
    Bubble Gum End week 11 Harvest day.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Bubble Gum Wet weight.jpg
    Bubble Gum Wet weight.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Bubble Gum Roots..jpg
    Bubble Gum Roots..jpg
    183 KB · Views: 70
  • Bubble Gum Roots.jpg
    Bubble Gum Roots.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 75
  • Easy Bud Roots..jpg
    Easy Bud Roots..jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Easy Bud Roots.jpg
    Easy Bud Roots.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Northern  End week 11..jpg
    Northern End week 11..jpg
    182 KB · Views: 71
  • Northern  End week 11.jpg
    Northern End week 11.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Money Maker End week 3 flower..jpg
    Money Maker End week 3 flower..jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Money Maker End week 3 Flower.jpg
    Money Maker End week 3 Flower.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 70
End of week 12 and week 4 for Money Maker.

Attachments

• Money Maker End week 4 Flower..jpg
    Money Maker End week 4 Flower..jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Money Maker End week 4 Flower.jpg
    Money Maker End week 4 Flower.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Northern  End week 12..jpg
    Northern End week 12..jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Northern  End week 12.jpg
    Northern End week 12.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 73
End of week 13 for Northern, finally harvested, and end off week 5 flowering for Money.

Final dry/cured weight for easy bud was 21 grams. For bubble Gum its done the 2 week cure today and final weight is 19 grams. Northern was much bigger than it looked. Buds looked fluffy, a lot of white hairs that didn't recede, but trichs were ready from the looks, had some amber. Out of the three harvested, the northern was by far the stickiest! Glued by big clippers shut lol. I thought it would be as much as easy bud, but was shocked as I was cutting it and saw how dense some were. So for the three already done, I got 21 + 19 and this one should be 45 grams once dried/cured. Keeping on par with my 1ounce per plant goal when I started. Yes they were low goals, but with just a dozen or so cfl's, and mars hydro 300 was added at week 8 only, not to mention I broke 6 bulbs 2 weeks ago attempting to move the whole setup as I had a repairman come by for a day, I was ok with 1 oz for what I thought was 4 auto's. However with 3 ounces in from 3 plants, money alone will produce 3 ounces for sure, so i'll get more than I expected.
On that note, I spread moneymaker out a lot once she was alone in the grow area last week. I gave it its first dose of molasses 10 days ago, and 3 days later I noticed the first 'off-green' look starting on it. I wasnt' sure if it was light burn or a phosphorous deficiency, nitrogen, though unlikely. I flushed it a bit with 15 litres of water on sunday and fed it after. Yellowing hasn't gotten worse since and those little brown/rust spots on some leaves haven't spread. Still not sure what happened, my suspicion is the phosphorous. Im trying to figure out if too much molasses can lock anything out? Will likely be ordering a tds meter, gotta figure out how to use it lol.
So that's my update, moneymaker is reaching the end of week 6 this week..it may not take the 10 weeks like I read somewhere, we'll see. Im wondering if I should release the ties on it, im just scared that maybe the light was burning it? is that what the little brown spots on some leaves are? no idea. Oh and by the way, the smoke from easy bud is very good, didn't notice any decline compared to what im used to buying, just smoother tasting, much better quality than my first 2 auto's last spring!. Will be trying bubble gum tmr, northern is starting it's cure tmr night. Ok, that's my story lol

Attachments

• Money Maker End week 5 Flower..jpg
    Money Maker End week 5 Flower..jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Money Maker End week 5 Flower.jpg
    Money Maker End week 5 Flower.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Northern End week 13 Harvest Day.jpg
    Northern End week 13 Harvest Day.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Northern  Wet weight.jpg
    Northern Wet weight.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 79
After further reading, it seems the little brown spots may be a calcium deficiency, will see better with lights on in the morning, and the yellowing/browning is for sure a phosphorus deficiency. I saw the red stems popping up, but plant looked fine otherwise, the lack of it makes sense..it was in mid-flower when it popped up a week ago, and adding the molasses may have forced the problem to come out. I was adding some orchid fertilizer 8-14-9 along with the gh micro and bloom..the orchid one also contains iron, zinc and manganese. So I think the added iron and zinc from that, plus the gh micro's iron and zinc, and then the added iron in the molasses was too much and it locked out the phosphorus. I cant believe its 'lacking' in the soil as Ive been giving more fert than needed. lucas formula calls for 8/16 micro and bloom to the gallon of water..ive been giving it a hair more, but to only 2.5-3 litres of water, I think the surplus of iron prevented the absorption of p..based on this article anyway. http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/marijuana-nutrient-deficiency-phosphorus/
I thought maybe the light was burning it since the leaves that first started yellowing like that were the ones that seemed to get the most light, but it seems that's exactly what happens in a p deficient scenario. Add to it the early signs of what appears to be a calcium deficiency, which in turn makes the soil more acidic, and if its near 6 that also will slow the p absorption to a crawl. Ran out of phenol red so haven't checked ph in weeks, actually only twice in flowering. I'll order a ph meter as well, just so many sketchy ones if one wants to go 'cheaper' lol

Last edited:
A few days late, but moneymaker on Saturday at the end of week 6. I gave it a stronger fert 10-52-10 to hopefully correct the p deficiency and added some coconut water for the calcium. 3 days later it seems its stopped. I see green coming back to the leaves and the calcium d, the little brown spots on some fan leaves is also appearing to 'fade', getting duller in color. Tops of buds are rounding off faster than expected, so it may be done in 9 weeks as oppose to 10.

Attachments

• Money Maker after 10-52-10 feed.jpg
    Money Maker after 10-52-10 feed.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Money Maker End week 6 Flower (2 days after stronger feed).jpg
    Money Maker End week 6 Flower (2 days after stronger feed).jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Money Maker End of week 6 Flower.jpg
    Money Maker End of week 6 Flower.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 58
Reached the end of week 7 (from flip), looks like maybe 2 more weeks. Gave her the last feed yesterday, from here on it will be just molasses water for the last 3-4 waterings. Main cola looks to be the thickness of a soda pop can, very impressed! Im surprised its not rootbound, the entire medium is roots, I cant pick up the smallest piece of soil out of it. I also posted pics of northern's roots, im wondering if that was rootbound..sides look fine, but all the roots went to the bottom, maybe compressing the soil too hard at the start had something to do with that, or the fact it dried out faster because it may have had more coco/perlite in it than the other 3 and roots went for water at the bottom? Should be receiving my ph and tds meter at the end of this week, will at least get an idea then where the soil stands after all the feedings. May also get, for next grow, the soil test kits..they cost only 20$ and you can do 10 tests each for n, p and k and ph, curious at how feedings stay in the soil and how it changes along the way. That's my update for this week:pass:

Attachments

• Money Maker End week 7 Flower..jpg
    Money Maker End week 7 Flower..jpg
    177 KB · Views: 55
  • Money Maker End week 7 Flower.jpg
    Money Maker End week 7 Flower.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 70
  • Northern Roots..jpg
    Northern Roots..jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Northern Roots.jpg
    Northern Roots.jpg