Indoor CFL grow, soil/coco, 3rd crop, 4 auto's

great lil grow.i use some iso to clean clippers.a lot complain about the need for more cal/mag when they introduce leds.
whats up next ?
:pighug:

great lil grow.i use some iso to clean clippers.a lot complain about the need for more cal/mag when they introduce leds.
whats up next ?
MoneyMaker isn't finished yet, im gonna cut her most likely on sunday...only reason is I wanted one more flush today as the ppm's were high and ph very low! I learnt a helluva a lot in the past 2 weeks with regards to cation exchange in soil..how elements interact with each other in both positive and negative ways. Overall conclusion is..I was low on potassium since flowering on the 3 auto's, moneymaker only showed it a couple weeks ago with a cal deficiency starting right after I added molasses for the 1st time. Led's I highly doubt have anything to do with cal-mag being needed more. The extra lighting yes made the plants grow better it seems, and yes being low on cal-mag with this last one likely allowed the soil to get too low in ph..I also likely over fed her. Either way..she's a big one..i biggest plant to date:)
Next up is the 3 auto's I have left from my last order..the 3 seeds I paid for (this grow was freebies except the bubble gum, worst producer lol). Cash Crop, and 2 king tut's. I may buy another mars hydro 300 like I have. It can do well for 4 auto's. I plan to get a 400 or 600 hps after the summer heat is gone:)

Attachments

• Money Maker End week 8 Flower.jpg
    Money Maker End week 8 Flower.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Money Maker End week 8 Flower..jpg
    Money Maker End week 8 Flower..jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 64
i know its so weird and nobody can explain exactly why it is,more led seems to need more cal/mag added.i dont understand it.
doin a great job in a small space.

i know its so weird and nobody can explain exactly why it is,more led seems to need more cal/mag added.i dont understand it.
doin a great job in a small space.
My understanding thus far is that as the plant enters flowering, and it no longer uses nitrogen (-anion) as its main source of food..it begins to use phosphorus at the beginning and mostly potassium as its in mid flower..cal-mag also have a higher need..especially calcium. If Ca especially, or Mg get too low, then the only thing left to bind to the - particles in soil, is H+ ions, which is what the plant mostly releases each time it takes up a + charged ion, and so it lowers the ph. By adding cal-mag to any plant that is thriving (eating a lot and growing), it will neutralize the excess H+ ions (low ph) that the soil tends to get too much of in flower and it prevents that ph from going too low. The calcium and magnesium ions..both double positives, will displace the hydrogen ions..its the only two elements that have the bonding strength to be able to knock those H+ ions off the - particles in the soil. At least that's my understanding of it:) So the led's may be responsible for better lighting, and as the plant gets more useable light, it creates more sugars, needing more food, and in doing so, it gives back a lot of H+ ions that cal=mag neutralize and so your soil wont drop in ph to critical levels :)
Yes im satisified with this grow. With the little lights I have I still managed (final weight for money maker pending), to get over 0.5 gram per watt (looks around 0.7ish) in this grow. 4 plants, mars hydro 300 (added at week 8) with a dozen 23 watt cfl's, only gh flora micro and bloom (a bit of molasses at the end and Epsom salt and coconut water), 3 oz's are in from the 3 auto's and moneymaker will be around 4-5 oz's dry:)

Last edited:
Official end to this grow, moneymaker is harvested. Very satisfied with this grow, will add another mars 300 in the short future and will do 4 auto's under them for summer and will add a 600 hps in October..Don't want to deal with the heat from it in the summer! Overall results from this grow almost 8 oz's with 4.5 coming from moneymaker, used 14 23 watt cfl's until week 8, then added the mars 300..learnt a lot at the end of this one!..Finally have a digital tds and ph meter and can now avoid problems that affected this grow:)

Attachments

• End week 10 Harvest.jpg
    End week 10 Harvest.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Wet weight 1.jpg
    Wet weight 1.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Wet weight 2.jpg
    Wet weight 2.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Wet weight 3.jpg
    Wet weight 3.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Roots 2.jpg
    Roots 2.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 69
I wont continue the next grow of auto's. This being my 7th 8th and 9th one I attempt now and same issue..stunted slow growth ,weird spots, it seems unanimous that auto's are simply not worth the effort, especially considering the little they produce. Im signing off this site, seems no one cares unless you produce 5 oz plants, which actually isn't possible with auto's. Take care everyone, hope the grow goes well! Stick to regular's, they are well worth it!

sorry you feel that way,i really enjoyed watching your grows.
take care.

sorry you feel that way,i really enjoyed watching your grows.
take care.
Take care as well. Im still gonna be active on other forums, but not this one as it strictly deals with auto's and not a single one has grown well for me . This one makes no sense, the only one of the three that looked good from the start, decided to develop spots on 2 leaves in the last 3 hours, no idea why, but from what I read, there may not be a reason, auto's do what they want lol. 2 same seeds growing side by side, one is half the size of the other, I didn't even want to look at it anymore..in the garbage they go, ordered 4 regulars and a 600 hps, both regulars I grew outproduced all the auto's combined and it only took 3-4 weeks more, for me it's a no brainer to stick to regulars.

but there are photos on here,i think there are a few grow off/competitions of sorts ongoing or starting soon.dankstylej,greenskel912 and others to.
i dont know/understand my own garden,so wont pretend to know anyone elses.im pretty thick when it comes to issues.Waira is a smart cookie when it comes to problems,give him a shout with a @and his name.im sure he will have a a good look and get you sorted out.or pop into live stoners maybe someone is about that knows something.
im a shit grower,will never be any good.but if i dont run out of smoke im over the moon.
maybe you are right autos arnt for you.
best of luck whatever you choose.

Thanks for the advice! I still look in time to time, once I get better lighting and can do a 'real' grow, i'll post a journal then. For now all is on hold as im going through a sudden family tragedy. I have very little energy and or focus..but I am trying to continue the grow of auto's..i never got around to clear them out as news struck, so they are still growing, but not getting any attention really. I think its end of week 2 now, i'll post pics tmr..it may be time to water them.

Back