Outdoor Captcold's Think Big Outdoor 2017

OH yeah....the plant in the ground...how wide and deep is the worked hole? Just from my own observation, but i prefer a wide hole over a deep one any day. Let those side feeder roots flow, and it allows for more frequent feedings due to shallow factor.
Is it just me, or does the main stalk look thicker on the plant in the ground? I am blown away how all of the think bigs are so consistent in size and branch structure.

OH yeah....the plant in the ground...how wide and deep is the worked hole? Just from my own observation, but i prefer a wide hole over a deep one any day. Let those side feeder roots flow, and it allows for more frequent feedings due to shallow factor.
Is it just me, or does the main stalk look thicker on the plant in the ground? I am blown away how all of the think bigs are so consistent in size and branch structure.
hole is maybe 20" by 40" deep. I assumed that depth would be mah buddy here. The main stalk isn't very big, the 2 tall ones are 1.5x the size.

They are really consistent. 2 the same, one smaller, one bigger - but even then, variation isn't huge.

Looking into silica. I'm heading into town tomorrow, gonna look at some finishing nutes.

hole is maybe 20" by 40" deep. I assumed that depth would be mah buddy here. The main stalk isn't very big, the 2 tall ones are 1.5x the size.

They are really consistent. 2 the same, one smaller, one bigger - but even then, variation isn't huge.

Looking into silica. I'm heading into town tomorrow, gonna look at some finishing nutes.

Damn 40" deep!! Thats alot of digging!! Ahh it was an illusion with the stalk...just looked thicker in the pic.

Hey do you run any silica in your nutes? I am trying it this season to see if it will help on mold reduction. Quite a few outdoor growers think it does help quite a bit.
I talked with the local grow shop guy for awhile. He had some time, and he's one of these old hippies that's been growing forever. His take on silica is that it's great for strengthening the stalks.

He'd never heard about it being good against botrytis, but he thought it makes sense. That said, he didn't suggest I buy it. He spoke mostly about ensuring airflow.

Update time! Sunshine and blue skies for the past several, and a promise from the weather guy that we'll be like this for a week.

The herd is coming along, all 4 Dutch Passion Think Bigs are getting deep into flowering. One took off, and stretched since last week (the one on the far right). It's defo bigger than any other at 34". The internode spacing is massive tho, I really hope it can fill in. It's also (guessing here) 2-3 weeks behind my starlet, although all of these were put into soil on exactly the same day.

The measuring tape is set at 26" for scale....

IMG_20170624_120101_hdr.jpg

The starlet is my entry into the Outdoor Grow comp. I was double thinking the entry a couple of times along the way. You know how biology goes. The little one you didn't expect much of turns out to be the biggest kid in high school. Well, I'm really happy how she's going, and I think I got lucky to make a good choiceOdor is really nice, but, not too crazy. I'm growing out some other autos atm, and man - they seriously stink. The Think Bigs smell great, but not too pungent. I hear that changes in the last couple of weeks tho ;)

And here she is....the star of the show....at 32", I don't think there's anymore height coming.....

IMG_20170624_120310_hdr.jpg

Trichs are really starting to form now. Looks like frosting :D

IMG_20170624_120405.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170624_120326.jpg
    IMG_20170624_120326.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 73
a couple more pics....the one on the left is a White Widow photo I'm growing out. She's gonna be a monster :drool:
IMG_20170624_125446_hdr.jpg

Last year, I did Afghani photos. One turned out great, the other got mold :( It also taught me what 10 more days at the end of flower can do. It can turn a marginal yield into good, and the dope from 'ok' to 'decent'.

IMG_20160831_191517_edit.jpg

and....while I'm hijacking my own thread....here's two of the World of Seeds Wild Thai Ryders I planted this year. Same age as the Think Bigs....but a foot less in height. They smell amazing....spicy deep incense like. No big expectations for yield, I'd be happy with a couple of ounces. Who wouldn't?

:dancer:

IMG_20170624_132347_hdr.jpg

beautiful work bud!! Nice...those afghanis sure are stacked with nodes!! Hey i'll let you know how my silica experiment versus mold works out.

beautiful work bud!! Nice...those afghanis sure are stacked with nodes!! Hey i'll let you know how my silica experiment versus mold works out.
cool - I'm curious. Here's hoping for good things :goodluck:

Back