Indoor All Meph Pyramid Grow

Hey all! Been like a week so time to update. They are all growing nicely. Actually kinda surprising me. So much so I had to relocate the SNxBX to its own shorty 2x2 tent for needed room. No pics of her today but she is short and stubby so maybe height won't be an issue.

No luck finding landscape gravel to put in bottom of bins. Maybe I will find some this weekend...

Left to Right
Toof Decay D23 topped 4th node on day 18
Sour Stomper D22 topped 4th node on day 17
Forum Stomper D23 topped 4th node on day 16
DLI 20 at 24 hrs

I have taken @kfigerm advice about keeping pyramids wet. Now water to slight runoff every two days. Alternating water/nutes. The roots are much more impressive this way. Letting pyramids dry certainly kills off the roots. I had nothing like these type of roots showing last grow So i guess I am now practicing keep it moderately wet and let the pyramid technology work its magic.
Anyhow I think thats it for the update. Enjoy the day!
IMG_0691.jpeg
IMG_0692.jpeg
IMG_0694.jpeg
IMG_0693.jpeg

Hello all. I did a thing so another update. Finally found pea gravel. Added a 3" base and placed the pyramids directly on the gravel. All my waterings are to runoff so plan is let roots grow down. A little extra room for root growth. Plus makes it easier as I don't have to remove plants to dump the open standing water.

Other news I culled the SNxBX. I didn't want to waste time on a separate tent for a plant I stunted looking to me like yield would be well under 28g so not worth it. I will pop it again in the future because all reports I've read its a great smoke.

IMG_0698.jpeg
IMG_0696.jpeg

Hello all!

D25 Toof Decay is sporting a few pistels. On my loupe I can see TD starting to produce trichs. Love the Meph genetics.

On a side note just broke into my freebie Ripleys x WW and it is a tasty vape. A nice sweet piney/lemony terpy flavor. Cured 1 month @62 rH. Grinds well with the right amount of sticky for a good vape. Easy grow. In case anyone is looking for a different bean to pop.

Enjoy the day.

IMG_0705.jpeg
IMG_0704.jpeg
IMG_0702.jpeg
IMG_0703.jpeg

is that aluminum foil - not too good with the salts imo. Who knows what lands in the smoke or damages the plant. Why anyway? No metals where fertilizer salts can corrode them.
They are looking really good!

Good point. Really is in an effort to reduce rh. Put rocks in wet so they are driving up the rh. Tomorrow I am going to put the bins outside in the sun to completely dry the rocks. So going forward rocks will only be wet from runoff. If that doesn't work I'll go back to my original plan on risers bare bottom. I do not want to run a dehumidifier for electrical and heat reasons. This is all an experiment. Eventually I want to get to a DIY automated drip or ebb and flow system. I have ideas but neither the time or money right now.

Well, this is an interesting method of growing cannabis that I have not seen before.
Not really my cup of tea since I'm organic. I bet I could grow them organically, but I would have up my ferment game.

Tomorrow I am going to put the bins outside in the sun to completely dry the rocks
Be careful moving plants inside and outside. By far the easiest way to get into an insect problem. Especially this time of year. Adjust your exhaust and fans to deal with humidity :pass:

Perhaps just let the water not reach the upper layer of the rocks - the upper layer dries out but below keeps moist/wet - i think that will help. Water only over the pyramids, and not the stones from above. The pyramids rise the rh, but that's part of the magic to pull off excess minerals and suck in air - and happens especially in the beginning, when you want it more moist.
But yes, the evaporation from the pyramids makes the environment more moist. In an ebb flow system you will have that also, but if you use drippers and top feed from the cubes the excess moisture will be minimized - just don't water the plain sides. (I find my networked pumps nice meanwhile - with little manual adjustment over time in the grow i can keep the pyramids the way i want them.)
Even a small salt buildup over time will then seal that a little and even attract humidity from the air in the later stages. My experience is that I only need to dehumify when the exterior air input is too moist already or it's getting colder and I have to watch the dewpoint. As long as the lungroom can keep <50% and over 23C I can manage all with just the exhaust fan blowing stonger.
But if you make a good invention you're welcome.

Hi all. Last update was a while ago.

Tent has given me fits with high humidity. So broke down and bought a 22 pint dehumidifier for the grow space. Last few days been battling increased tent temperatures because of dehumidifier. It is a work in progress. Today repositioned fans to try and blow humidity up and out. Looks promising.

Plants were showing nute deficiencies. Could figure out why. I was letting mixed nutes sit minimum hour before pH'ing and adjusting down. Well was out of cal solution for my Apera pen for like a month. Well got cal supplies a few days ago and when I cal'd pen it was off 0.5. Quite a bit. So plants were flushed and put back on FF trio 1/2 strength. Late last week. The plants seem to be improving and putting out good growth. So I guess let's see how it turns out with the trio.

Then on top of all that the high humidity issues caused a fungus gnat issue. The sticky cards caught all flyers. I have been applying DE to the top of the cubes to discourage the off flyer from landing and laying eggs in the crack. The cracks between plug and cube were a hotbed of activity with gnats. I'll get a pic at some when I apply it.
But life cycle is like 30 days. So 2-3 more weeks of applying so hopefully break cycle.

The plants love the gravel they are planted in. All three pyramids are heavily rooted in the gravel.

So stats of where we are at:
DLI 40 @ 24hrs
Toof Decay D35 20"
Forum Stomper D35 23"
Sour Stomper D34 19"

I am wow'd how TD is growing in the small pyramid. Amazing open structure. It is bigger than I thought it would be at this stage. It is the farthest along of the three in flower. Very interested in how it develops and finishes.

Not the greatest pics with deficiencies but hopefully back on track. Enjoy the day.

In pics Left to right TD, FS, SS.
IMG_0709.jpeg
IMG_0710.jpeg

TD

IMG_0711.jpeg

Forum Stomper
IMG_0712.jpeg

SS

IMG_0713.jpeg

Back