Learning to grow

Are you done with trying to use the potted way dude?......are you just dwc now?......bcoz I think changing your medium would help a lot with that dude.... :d5:

Are you done with trying to use the potted way dude?......are you just dwc now?......bcoz I think changing your medium would help a lot with that dude.... :d5:
I'm new to this, so I'm trying different mediums to see what works for me. Next plant I'll use soil again, just trying to get supplies I need for that.

Do the roots look clean and healthy? No sliminess?

Low pH can also lock out CaMg, has your meter been recently calibrated?

... And tagging along. :pop: :pop: :hookah:
Here are the roots
IMG_0382.JPG

Roots feel grippy when I test them, no sliminess at all

Clean and check your pH pen calibration. They can get screwy quick especially if it dries out. 5ml/gal calmag seems really high for feed. I use that for buffering coco. You want your tap water plus calmag to be around 150ppm (500 scale) before adding your nutes. 28ppm well water seems almost too good to be true, that may be the lowest I've ever seen around here for well water. What country are you in? There's a lot of people here that can recommend you soils that they use so you're not throwing a dart at it :pass:

Clean and check your pH pen calibration. They can get screwy quick especially if it dries out. 5ml/gal calmag seems really high for feed. I use that for buffering coco. You want your tap water plus calmag to be around 150ppm (500 scale) before adding your nutes. 28ppm well water seems almost too good to be true, that may be the lowest I've ever seen around here for well water. What country are you in? There's a lot of people here that can recommend you soils that they use so you're not throwing a dart at it :pass:
I'm in Oklahoma, city water, trying to find city water reports. I was suprised as hell at the reading myself, I prolly need to calibrate that pen also, instructions said calibration not necessary. I will calibrate ph pen and retest.
Thanks

I'm in Oklahoma, city water, trying to find city water reports. I was suprised as hell at the reading myself, I prolly need to calibrate that pen also, instructions said calibration not necessary. I will calibrate ph pen and retest.
Thanks

Calibration fluid and storage fluid. Don't store your ph probe in tap water, distilled water, or calibration fluids. Storage fluid to keep the bulb saturated and functional. It's 3 molar KCl, cheap as hell for premixed off amazon.

Thanks
Gotta stay on top of pH meters. Doesn't take much to throw them off. I check every couple weeks. Also if you're on city water that has chlorine/chloramine in it you gotta let it sit for a day, or bubble it to off gas before using it

Gotta stay on top of pH meters. Doesn't take much to throw them off. I check every couple weeks. Also if you're on city water that has chlorine/chloramine in it you gotta let it sit for a day, or bubble it to off gas before using it
Yes, I bubble water for at least a day before adding nutes or anything.

I'm new to this, so I'm trying different mediums to see what works for me. Next plant I'll use soil again, just trying to get supplies I need for that.
I started with soil but quickly moved to coco dude, it's a bit easier than dwc, I think......let me know when you start your next run as I won't be much help with dwc dude, I have never done it.....good luck gromie :pass:

Back