Outdoor Captcold's Think Big Outdoor 2017

plants were fed Canna 13/14 last week, for one week only. Although I wanted to stay organic, my grow shop hippy guy suggested a one time bud booster that'd help carry them to finish. From here, water only.

Group shot! Internode length is balanced, and the plants (except for the one on the right) are like clones. Very consistent. The one on the right stretched 2 weeks ago - leaving more bud room. Although, it's not filling in and chunking up as fast at the others. It's coming, but, to it's own damn time :D
IMG_20170702_101413_hdr.jpg

They're getting pretty smelly. Been able to notice them across the yard :gassy: when the wind is right.
IMG_20170702_101504_hdr_edit (1).jpg

IMG_20170702_101817_edit1.jpg

They look good. The one on the right being a little behind might be a good thing, more days, most likely more weight.

I looked back at your 30+ day update, which is about where I'm at now, and it seems quite consistent that the indoor started plants get a big boost in early branch development. IE the bottom couple of sets of branches shoot right out, and up. Where as most outdoor started plants usually have a bit of a bare stalk for 2 or 3 nodes. I did say usually as some years have a lot more sun than this one had, and not all plants the same. As a general observation this is true. In fact one of my early weeds does have branches starting at node [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG], they just haven't "shot out" yet.

Another week closer to harvest....and some changing colors. Two of them are really lightening up. Going to a pale green. I've never grown these, so don't really know what to expect. It's looks kinda like nitrogen def, but, not quite. I'm assuming that's what these do late life. We're at 11 weeks....

IMG_20170708_131214_hdr.jpg

IMG_20170706_143705_hdr.jpg
IMG_20170706_143746 (1).jpg

Found a hobo hanging around. He should've been eating the caterpillar I found, but this lazy bitch was just suntanning....

IMG_20170708_131405_edit.jpg

we've been lucky, really lucky for all the sun we've had. I've been reading about some AFN'ers out east and in england/denmark...damn. The outdoor grower....we get what mother nature gives us.

Here's the color change in the leafs....

IMG_20170708_131257.jpg

IMG_20170708_132131.jpg

The plant in the ground has not done anything much. If anything, it's a little lighter in bud and size. I'm thinking that I might have transplanted too late.

Another thing is that in the ground, the plant can't be rotated to meet the sun. With the others, Every couple of days I've turned the pots a little - to give it even exposure over the plant. These are better balanced, and show no leaning toward light. The one in the ground does.

IMG_20170708_131319_hdr.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170706_143705_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20170706_143705_hdr.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 51
Yeah weather has been hell for growing here man...we actually finally got 3 days of sun!!...and then it turned into 2 days of rain with today being a high of 14C. Worst season i have ever seen in 20+ year of gardening.
Great to see you kicking ass bud! PLants look fantastic!!

Yeah weather has been hell for growing here man...we actually finally got 3 days of sun!!...and then it turned into 2 days of rain with today being a high of 14C. Worst season i have ever seen in 20+ year of gardening.
Great to see you kicking ass bud! PLants look fantastic!!
Tough to hear man. We've been getting sun, too much, and too many wildfires :( The winter we just had was worst in 50 years. Snow, cold, all that. Sometimes, it stays like that all summer too: cold and rain. Hasn't been like that so far. I really hope things turn around for you, and get a great Indian summer....

Back