Outdoor Captcold's Think Big Outdoor 2017

Sometimes it helps to just chill out
IMG_20170713_170202.jpg

Tough to hear man. We've been getting sun, too much, and too many wildfires :( The winter we just had was worst in 50 years. Snow, cold, all that. Sometimes, it stays like that all summer too: cold and rain. Hasn't been like that so far. I really hope things turn around for you, and get a great Indian summer....

Ahh drought for you!! Brutal...dang...calling for 2 more days of cold rain for me...that doesnt bode well for my full in flower autos!

The Dutch Passion Think Big grow is cooking along. Week 12 now. Lots of frosting, and trichs everywhere. Buds aren't swelling too much yet, but they're coming along.

Attachments

• IMG_20170715_112841_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20170715_112841_hdr.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 97
The odd one is the plant I put into the ground. Had a huge hole, lots of good dirt, and thought without the constraints of a pot, it'd get bigger. Nope. If anything, it's a little smaller, and it isn't showing any maturation like the others...maybe genetics of this one plant, or something else...
IMG_20170716_140639.jpg

The odd one is the plant I put into the ground. Had a huge hole, lots of good dirt, and thought without the constraints of a pot, it'd get bigger. Nope. If anything, it's a little smaller, and it isn't showing any maturation like the others...maybe genetics of this one plant, or something else...
View attachment 781153

Thats the thing...with the variance of auto genetics and the other possible factors you'll never know!! Is it a 5 gallon pot is just the right size for the strain? The genetics of this single plant meant she would be a bit smaller either way where she was planted? Slight size reduction from transplant?

Thats the thing...with the variance of auto genetics and the other possible factors you'll never know!! Is it a 5 gallon pot is just the right size for the strain? The genetics of this single plant meant she would be a bit smaller either way where she was planted? Slight size reduction from transplant?
Next season, Ima going to isolate some them variables. Indoors is easier for that but I'm an outdoor guy at heart. Autos seem twitchy with transpant. I believe there's a window you gotta work within. I think I missed it with this one.

Next season, Ima going to isolate some them variables. Indoors is easier for that but I'm an outdoor guy at heart. Autos seem twitchy with transpant. I believe there's a window you gotta work within. I think I missed it with this one.

Instatransplant pots my friend!! Eliminate the chance at an offtimed transplant at the cost of a second pot.

IMG_3731.JPG

IMG_3732.JPG

IMG_4061.JPG

PLus you get to watch root growth :D
Done and done. I came across your tutorial, thx for the reminder.

Something I did last year, but forgot and didn't this year, was put 1" poly tube into the holes. Using 2-3' of pipe, you only water there. Drives roots down, no excess grass or other growth up top. Way more efficient. Esp in ground. I used them in all of my in ground plants last year, worked great. Funny, I didn't think of it this year. I've got a dozen of them by the shed :bummer:

Back