Grow Mediums Barney’s Farm LSD-25 (photo) in 8.5L Autopots w/coco, TF nutrients, and AutoCobs

All of the ladies look like they are in line to dance and put on their best sparkling jewels. :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

I can see them , all covered in crystal and smiling at you. :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

The Mega Crop reservoir was down below 2 inches, so I mixed up 5 liters with the week 3-4 bloom ratios, added the appropriate amount of drip clean, pH it down to 6.2 and dumped it in. The nutrients at that level come out to 750ppm, 1.5EC. I bumped it up a week early because Juanita still looks hungry.

Be sure to check and clean those autovalves regularly. Juanita had hers clog tonight and she had hardly any water left in the tray. Quick blowout with a syringe cleared it for now and the valves will get a more detailed cleaning tomorrow.

Wow, a clog with dry nutes. Shit. I did not want to hear that.

So what clogged? Was it that pinhole by the valve entry point with the screw clamp hookup to the hose? The pinhole is on the inside of the valve. I'm was actually going to post a question about GL dry nutes and sediment I see in the res over on that forum for GL.

bob's on the catch up... go bob :woohoo1:
And "bob's your uncle":pass:

Yes Bob certainly fooled me. I’m glad I let her continue. Without her I wouldn’t have tried just dropping a fabric pot into a tray and onto the reservoir.

All of the ladies look like they are in line to dance and put on their best sparkling jewels. :dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

I can see them , all covered in crystal and smiling at you. :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
:thanks: For the kind thoughts and wishes. Sometime in the next 50 days I can hope they get sparkly.

Wow, a clog with dry nutes. Shit. I did not want to hear that.

So what clogged? Was it that pinhole by the valve entry point with the screw clamp hookup to the hose? The pinhole is on the inside of the valve. I'm was actually going to post a question about GL dry nutes and sediment I see in the res over on that forum for GL.
I did not take it apart to check but I would assume it was the pinhole on the autovalve. The test with Bob had plenty of water. Juanita is the 2nd on that line coming from the reservoir. I have a shut off valve on each of the two lines in the tent that go to the reservoirs. I shut off that valve and detached Bob from the line. Took my 60ml syringe and blew some air from the connection into Juanita's autovalve and I could hear the valve open. I hooked it all together and it filled her tray in no time.

I don’t blame the dry nutrients, as this happened with my liquid ones as well just a week ago. I blame this on me not taking my lines off once a week and blowing hot water through them. I have been seeing just how far I can push it. Normally I would empty the rez every week and clean up the lines and autovalves to prevent this crap from happening.

I don’t blame the dry nutrients, as this happened with my liquid ones as well just a week ago. I blame this on me not taking my lines off once a week and blowing hot water through them. I have been seeing just how far I can push it. Normally I would empty the rez every week and clean up the lines and autovalves to prevent this crap from happening.

I'll have to do line flushes on a more regular basis. I hate the drama of a clogged autopot. It makes me start thread discussions whenever it happens! Also going to have to pay a lot of attention to making sure the dry nutes are fully dissolved. I can see how sediment particles can clog that pin hole. I'm surprised at how small they made that hole given its purpose in life and its right at the end of the 1/4 inch irrigation line.

@bushmasterar15

How long do you leave those on generally? And do you do it to all the side branches as the plants produces more of them and gets taller?

Do you do any other manipulation of the plant over a grow? Or is just this trick all you really need to do?

One of my mistakes has been waiting too long to open them up and I end up breaking branches. And its generally a lot of work. If its way more effective just to do this then I want to try it out on the next grow but need more details on the process/approach.

I'll have to do line flushes on a more regular basis. I hate the drama of a clogged autopot. It makes me start thread discussions whenever it happens! Also going to have to pay a lot of attention to making sure the dry nutes are fully dissolved. I can see how sediment particles can clog that pin hole. I'm surprised at how small they made that hole given its purpose in life and its right at the end of the 1/4 inch irrigation line.
@pop22 likes to keep an extra set of water lines to swap out weekly. That way you always have a cleaned out set handy.

I don’t even question autopots science, I know it works and have left the grow for as long as two weeks and was very happy when I got back. The person that engineered that valve has my vote.

I’m hoping that if MC works out for me to finally get away from these multipart nutrients. I see everyone getting all the addons without trying a grow with just the MC. Greenleaf says it’s designed to take a plant from seed to harvest and I’m determined to see it do that. Well at least the last 10 weeks of their lives. I’m all about ease of growing and that is why I got hooked on Autopots to begin with. I’m basically, a lazy, old fart. :rofl:

@bushmasterar15

How long do you leave those on generally? And do you do it to all the side branches as the plants produces more of them and gets taller?

Do you do any other manipulation of the plant over a grow? Or is just this trick all you really need to do?

One of my mistakes has been waiting too long to open them up and I end up breaking branches. And its generally a lot of work. If its way more effective just to do this then I want to try it out on the next grow but need more details on the process/approach.
With this as my first indoor grow. I just kept adjusting the pins and placing where needed to keep a open canopy. I only used them for about 3 weeks before removing them as everything was about even on each plant. I did forget one and the branch filled the slot but didn't slow any growth. Only other thing I did was some defoliating.

With this as my first indoor grow. I just kept adjusting the pins and placing where needed to keep a open canopy. I only used them for about 3 weeks before removing them as everything was about even on each plant. I did forget one and the branch filled the slot but didn't slow any growth. Only other thing I did was some defoliating.
topped too? if no topping then you would have an xmas tree with tall dominant cola and not a level canopy especially if side branches spread out. or am i wrong?

is the grow journaled? maybe i could go thru it.

Sent using Tapatalk

topped too? if no topping then you would have an xmas tree with tall dominant cola and not a level canopy especially if side branches spread out. or am i wrong?
You can grow a bush without topping. You just need to constantly lower the dominant cola below the height of the other bud sites, redistributing the auxins to them making them all think they are the dominant one.

You can grow a bush without topping. You just need to constantly lower the dominant cola below the height of the other bud sites, redistributing the auxins to them making them all think they are the dominant one.

How? Supercrop? Ties? I think I would rather top. Its so easy and effective and never had an issue with it.

Back