New Grower World of Seeds "Sugar Mango Ryder" ....

We're getting a break on the temperatures for a while ... up until a day or two ago the closet was only a few degrees cooler than it was for my summer grow ... it was between 82* and 88* most of the day ... cooler temps have finally hit and the grow for the next few days will be 70-75* ... I'm hoping it stays cool so I might get a little additional color change. Rh here on the coast is about 67% in an unconditioned environment ... should come down a little around harvest time ... I generally hustle the harvest home so it can dry in air conditioning w/ less chance of mold ... had I acted when I first noticed signs of over drying then I could have transplanted but not at 5 weeks ... I need my bud too much to try that ... as it is the added dirt is an imperfect solution because the roots are very fragile as they exit the airpot and when the plants get moved I'm sure that any thru the pot root growth gets broken off ... but they are healthier now and should start to really pack on the buds ... at this point it looks like 3 plants are going to outgrow a 2x5 space ...

:Hookah:

lol that's a problem I wish I had!!!! The air is so dry where I'm at, it makes things a little challenging.. The deficiencies I was seeing on the WWs was related to low RH, so some of the newer growth and the smaller leaves got bad quickly.. I have been running a humidifier in the same room as the tent to at least get it up above 35% and stay there.. Last night, it got up to 54% because I forgot to turn the humidifier down, and temps have never been an issue in my current location..

It looks like your plants made a good turn around though!!! :)

Did you put your dark period in the middle of the day? That might help with the spike in heat, from what I've found. And I've finally caught up and am ready to see what you can get out of these :goodluck:

I did the dark in the middle of the day w/ my summer grow ... now I have the lights off from 4-8pm because I think if anyone were to snoop around my house, that seems like the most likely time, around dusk ... I'm anxious to see how they come out too ... if they keep growing I'm gonna need a bigger closet ... I'm supposed to have Round 2 starting 1/1/15 cause I usually like to overlap by 3-4 weeks but I don't think I'll have room in my grow ...

Do you have any old light set-ups that you could re-use to start your next batch under for a couple of weeks? Even if the lights are worse than your current set-up it would help in the long run if you need small plants (since they'd veg a bit smaller under the old lights)... maybe?

I have a third LED that I'll either put in the current grow or use on the new plants when the time comes ... as tight as things are getting in my closet I may have to start the next plants in the bath tub ...

Day 44 ...

Not much going on except for some budding ... currently watering every three days is working ... Amending RO water w/ Wet Betty, Silica Blast and CalMag Plus ... Added a small dose of Sea Grow Bloom and Roots Buddha Bloom ....

:niceshot:
Some random bud shots ...
DSCN0628.jpg

DSCN0626.jpg

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

:tiphat:

Last edited:
Seriously!! Your plants always look full and bushy!!! I am going to be pony-tailing my next plants, whenever I do end up growing again, but I am re-thinking my set-up, with the possibility of getting another MarsII 400w in my tent, and taking the CFLs out, because the actual power use of my current MarsII is rated at 198w w/ the 5w chipset. If I get another one of those in there, and just try to keep it bushy and even (like a scrog) then I think that would be more than enough light for 2 behemoths like yours!!!! :) You're only using half of that for wattage and have bigger plants than I get so far, so I think the proof is in the pudding!!

Hey 'G' ... I'm a firm believer in pony tailing for uniform growth early in a plant's life ... I'm running 460 actual watts of purple power ... this one light, the DS400 is 360watts and has a foot print barely big enough to grow 2 plants ... WTF ... it shouldn't take 180 watts per plant ! I have a ds100 pushing 94 watts over the plants also so that the three get a fairly uniform amount of light ...

Taking a break from growing isn't so bad ... you'll have a chance to reassess your techniques and decide how and when you'd like to start again ... lend your friend your lights and start him in soil and he'll be supplying both of you in no time ... if he's a good enough friend, provide the seeds ... more importantly buy some Happy Frog soil for him too ...

2 x MarsII would grow a forest ...:tiphat:

Back