Lighting Dazed' Second Sugar Mango Ryder

Brilliant info, thanks. I just powdered up some garden lime, I'll add add a light top dressing to the soil tomorrow and see how it goes with basic watering.

Thanks guys.

Brilliant info, thanks. I just powdered up some garden lime, I'll add add a light top dressing to the soil tomorrow and see how it goes with basic watering.

Thanks guys.

I just tested the ambient temp of my bedroom...27.1. No wonder I hit 30 in the tent in my closet. Maybe co2 would help. To be fair, she is looking greener to me today.

- - - Updated - - -

I just tested the ambient temp of my bedroom...27.1. No wonder I hit 30 in the tent in my closet. Maybe co2 would help. To be fair, she is looking greener to me today.

I think my water has too much chlorine added.

Are you bubbling it with an airstone? 24 hours should break down even a high level of chlorine. You should also check with your water supplier to make sure your water does not contain chloramines. I have them in mine and I had a hell of a time trying to grow organic until I figured out the problem. Bubbling won't remove them, so I was basically putting disinfectant on my microherd with every watering. Now I either use some aquarium conditioner or humic acid in the water when I bubble it to cause the chloramines to break down and evaporate. Me and my plants I miss the days when I had delicious well water!

I dnt bubble my water, I don't have the means-is it expensive? I'll research that later. I usually add my water to a litre bottle, add and food then shake and shake and open for around 4-5 minutes, I thought that may help.

I need to contact my water complany to see exactly what they are doing to it before it hits my house. Otherwise, it could be my house poluting the water, in which case I need to sort that asap as obviously I use that water myself.

I know my grandad used to grow tomatoes here with excellent results, my grandma told me he always just used plain tap water with no problems. I'm starting to suspect Allmix isn't a good match to my water too. I'm going to change that.

Thanks for the info Andy, really appreciated buddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add, I'm going to buy the bits and make a CO2 generator tomorrow all being well. I've been reading that its recommended for temps over 30c. The air con unit I bought is no good, the pipe needs to go out a window and I'm not too happy about how that looks, and it makes so much noise, I wouldn't be able to sleep. Looking into moving the tent to the garage or something cooler, where it won't be annoying me whirring away in my closet all the time, in fact, today I just thought I would swap my led back to the cfl I was using, the only reason I went LED and bought the tent is because I thought it would improve heat and smell issues. Hasn't really worked out like that!

Looking back to November, when I wanted to start growing, this has kind of spiralled out of control. The amount of money I have spent now, I could have just spent that on street weed, and had a lot of change left over in my pocket!

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to add, I'm going to buy the bits and make a CO2 generator tomorrow all being well. I've been reading that its recommended for temps over 30c. The air con unit I bought is no good, the pipe needs to go out a window and I'm not too happy about how that looks, and it makes so much noise, I wouldn't be able to sleep. Looking into moving the tent to the garage or something cooler, where it won't be annoying me whirring away in my closet all the time, in fact, today I just thought I would swap my led back to the cfl I was using, the only reason I went LED and bought the tent is because I thought it would improve heat and smell issues. Hasn't really worked out like that!

Looking back to November, when I wanted to start growing, this has kind of spiralled out of control. The amount of money I have spent now, I could have just spent that on street weed, and had a lot of change left over in my pocket!

Dazed, you just need a cheap aquarium pump with an airstone on the end. For under $20 at any pet store you can get a pump, tubing and airstone & that's all you need. In addition to removing chlorine, it super oxygenates the water which is fantastic for the roots and microherd. Gives them a great boost and helps avoid any problems with overwatering. I keep a 5 gallon bucket bubbling at all times and just fill jugs from it when I am watering the plants.

I'm with you on the veggies. My garden is thriving right now and I just water it straight from the hose. But the soil outside has an established colony of microbes that can much more easily handle any nasty stuff that gets poured on it. Even if you kill off some, they'll grow right back and keep on trucking. The environment in a pot is much more delicate in my experience, and since autos have such a short life, it can set you back to constantly be killing off a chunk of the microherd and forcing it to recover. That's another reason why I regularly add a myco supplement to my grows, just to help replace any creatures that I've inadvertently killed. :grin:

Right I'll pick one of those up tomorrow too! Anything to help. I'm looking for a myco suppliment just now, is there a specific one for plants? I can only find stuff for humans? Is it like giving soil the bacteria that we try to give our guts, like with the bio yoghurts etc? Sorry if that sounds super stupid! It's all new to me.

The baby is due to wake up in an hour or so.....what will I find today, any guesses.....lol, sorry, just trying to make light of the subject :/

- - - Updated - - -

Right I'll pick one of those up tomorrow too! Anything to help. I'm looking for a myco suppliment just now, is there a specific one for plants? I can only find stuff for humans? Is it like giving soil the bacteria that we try to give our guts, like with the bio yoghurts etc? Sorry if that sounds super stupid! It's all new to me.

The baby is due to wake up in an hour or so.....what will I find today, any guesses.....lol, sorry, just trying to make light of the subject :/

I use Great White brand but there are many others. SubCulture, White Widow, Plant Success, Myco Madness, Orca, etc. Take a look at any grow supply website and look for mycorrhizae & you'll find some different ones. They're all similar but there are plenty of reviews online so you can compare. You're right that it's like the probiotics that we use to feed our gut. The microbes are already there in your gut or the soil, but you're giving the colony a boost so they can work even better to break down food into nutrients.

I'm sure things will be fine when the lights come on. Think positive, my friend! :vibes:

Orca is a watered down version of great white,from all Ive read about it.ya can also look into BioAG VAM ,Fungi Perfect Myco seeds as well.outstanding stuff in my dealing.tons of killer info there buddy.Andy got ya all straightened out brother.see, what I tell ya man."AFN smoke out" hows the day going for ya buddy?! hows moms doin?

Back