Lighting Dazed' Second Sugar Mango Ryder

Hey dazed, what's the allmix? Your numbers indicate a soil pH of 4.8, should increase your water pH to increase it, maybe someone with more experience can confirm. Try feeding with +7 pH water/feed

All mix is Bio-bizz soil and has a pH of 6,6. My water pH after leaving for 48hrs is almost 8! Why would my soil go down that much?

Please help, what should I do next? TaNg, Andy Botwin? :help:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seriously considering changing to coco and synthetic nutes. Just do it like everyone else, then I HAVE to pH up or down and be in more control. This organic growing is starting to fuck me right off.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm seriously considering changing to coco and synthetic nutes. Just do it like everyone else, then I HAVE to pH up or down and be in more control. This organic growing is starting to fuck me right off.

I'm no expert buddy but I would get some bottled water 'evian is ph 7.0' and give a good flush of the soil. Silly question but have you calibrated your ph meter? Are you ph'ing your water before or after adding nutrients? What are you using for ph up and down?
ph sounds way off which is really strange in a bit confused one could say 'dazedandconfused'
lol:Sharing One:

Hey man, I pH after I've added any nutes. Yesterday it was 7.4 after adding 1ml of bio-grow and a small amount of molasses and epsom salts.

I used a few drops of lemon juice to bring the pH down to about 6.8. I wasn't going to do this but thought it would help.

Yes I calibrate my pH meter every couple of weeks with pH solution.

I just dont' understand why the soil is getting so low all the time, what is causing this? Some chemical or abundance of something in the water? Should I boil the water first maybe? Or filter it somehow?

I have some d.lime, looks like I'm going to have to get some of that in there.

Jeez..

hey bro i had a few problems like these on my first grow i also used biobizz soil and the PH was way off. i had to use dolomite lime to raise the ph as it was too low for the water to buffer it also remember that all mix is hot with nutrients from the start and isn't recommended for autos, hope you get it sorted bro :thumbs:

I couldn't possibly say how your Ph is so low it isn't making any sense to me .Very early on to be having problems like this i use allmix and have only once had Ph issues but it was much later in in the grow.
I am sure one of the Pro's will jump in and help in a while brother

Yep same here the 1 time I used BioBizz the PH was all over the place at the start but I managed to correct it by flushing.

yeah i would try giving it a good flush first and see if that changes the ph for you, if not then i would start adding the dolomite lime as soon as possible because it can take a while for it to take effect on the soil. when did you last water/feed your girl?

Should I have watered the pot through first? So I need to get some Evian water, 18 litres of it and flush it through the pot? Should I top dress the soil with the garden lime I have.

This is the last time I'm using Bio-bizz now, going to try something completely different, I don't care if it's organic or not now. I've tried my best with Bio-bizz but it just doesn't seem to like me or my water.

- - - Updated - - -

I fed yesterday-1 ltr of water with 1ml Bio-grow and a tiny drop of Epsom Salts and Molasses. The pH was at 6.8. I slowly watere her, took about 20 mins to get the bottle through. There was a few ml run off and that's what I tested with my pH meter.

If in doubt flush her out,any water with a PH around 7 then the last 5 or 10L you put through add nutes at half the strength you were.

Plagron Light Mix is very reliable and stable bro and it works a treat with GN and Advanced Nutrients.

Back