New Grower World of Seeds "Sugar Mango Ryder" ....

Thanks guys ... One reason it dries so fast is that I use a very light soil ( 30-50% perlite ) ... which would also make removing the airpot treacherous .... if they were at two weeks or even three I might try it but I think I'll just set one pot inside the other and fill w/ soil and get them good and wet ... I'll bet they explode ... The rh in the grow generally runs 60-70% ...

Last edited:
I definitely wouldn’t transplant them man. Risk of root damage and so forth seems to great to be worth it for an auto.

Some people do transplant autos with no problem..but it is a lot earlier in life. During veg.

I think your plant would benifit from the constant need to water. Would give you a sort of hydro type benifits I would think. Probably more of a pain in the ass though, to have to water to often. I could only imagine. My plants drink up crazy fast, and I dont use air pots.

Hey Chester, being an old school outdoor grower, I am just wondering, what's with the "french ticklers" hehehe, on your pots ?

The problem w/ the need for water is that I live 30 miles away from the grow and had only planned to visit twice a week and it's turned into every other day not being often enough ... I did a quick round trip and water yesterday and it took nearly 3 hours ... I'm going to put the airpots in the larger pots ... fill in around them w/ soil and water them enough so everything blends together .... hopefully this will at least extend my watering time to 2-3 days ... it will be interesting to see if this solves the problem ... my grow space is still above 80* at least 18 hrs a day. When I grew in this space over the summer temps were higher and while using the same soil and plastic pots a large plant had no problem being watered every three to four days ... Should have done something at the first sign of over drying ... Every day counts in the life of an auto ...

:Hookah:

Hey Chester, being an old school outdoor grower, I am just wondering, what's with the "french ticklers" hehehe, on your pots ?

They're airpots ... a fancy new fangled pot that is supposed to help a plant form a more uniform root system ... Welcome aboard ... :tiphat:

They're airpots ... a fancy new fangled pot that is supposed to help a plant form a more uniform root system ... Welcome aboard ... :tiphat:

Thank you for the edification my good man ! :peace:

Day 38 ...

Placed Airpots in 3.8 gal plastic nursery pots and filled in around them w/ soil then wet thoroughly ... I'm guessing it's the equivalent of 50% more soil so it should hold 50% more water ... I should have done this the first time I noticed the pots being too dry ... I also reduced the number of hours of light to 18/6 since the grow room temp is 82* when the lights are on ... Probably won't return for 3-4 days ... the smaller SMR has the most advanced buds of the three ...

:niceshot:
Sugar Mango Ryder ...
DSCN0597.JPG
DSCN0596.JPG

Jock on the left ... Smaller SMR in front ...

DSCN0598.JPG

:tiphat:

Last edited:
Week 6 ...
Visited grow today after 3 days away and the plants had improved ... taking a moisture reading of the center air pots w/ an Accurate Eight soil probe showed the inner pots to be quite dry but not to the point of the plants wilting ... outer pot was still damp ... they responded to watering immediately ... I inserted the second half of the Nirvana Flower Tab into each airpot and watered them in ... Smaller Sugar Mango Ryder is starting to frost ...

Sugar Mango Ryder ...
DSCN0608.JPG

Jock Horror is on the Left ...
DSCN0613.JPG

Nirvana's Jock Horror @ 6 weeks ... Color is improving now that I have the irrigation figured out ... She is starting to stack up the buds ...

DSCN0601.12.9.JPG
DSCN0602.JPG

Last edited:
Looking great man!!!!!!! That was a good idea about the airpots, because I think transplanting that late in the grow would have definitely had an adverse affect..

How are the temps and RH nowadays??

Back