Outdoor The never ending story

@Waira have you seen one like this before? I was going to post in anomalies thread but for the life of me i can't remember where it is:baked:

Last edited:
what lighting hrs do you start indoors with before putting photos outdoors? Also when do you put them outdoors? I struggle to understand what lighting hrs to use indoors before putting photo plants out permanently so that they don't go into flower right away :wall:.

I start them in smaller pots first, last time they were about 3L, I've done up to 1gal... single transplant.... They go into the tent (before I had it, they were outside, screened, then into supp' lighting as needed), for the first week or so they get extra light, no more than 16-18 hours-ish if they hang with the auto's (outside at this time it's about 13),... then after that, I start to back off light hours until it's normalized,over s few days or so,.. then they go outside full time.... the key is to get them at or near the current diurnal sched' before they are too old and may get triggered into bloom by that drop in hours,.. many breeders make specific note to not run them more that 18 initially regardless because of this... Some are more easily triggered than others, and a sudden drop from 18 to say, 14-15 may be enough to trigger unwanted blooming!

:doh: got a mutie mis-fire seedling it seems,.. I've not had it happen to me, but have seen it... :shrug: watch for a 2-3 days more, and if nothing shows, toss it and chalk it up to the usual little gamble that all seeds are...:smoker1:

Thanks for sharing your lighting schedule bud :d5:. This makes perfect sense to me....I think I have a grasp on how to do it now :headbang:. I will order a timer before next season and hopefully put this into practice. I will be watching your journal like a hawk this year now i know you have similar light hours to me! I have had a quick look through your old one very impressive mate :d5: .
I will give the mutant a couple more days and if nothing happens i'll start a mango haze hecno was kind enough to gift me :dizzy:. I may have to start one anyway it looked amazing in hecnos garden last year
I start them in smaller pots first, last time they were about 3L, I've done up to 1gal... single transplant.... They go into the tent (before I had it, they were outside, screened, then into supp' lighting as needed), for the first week or so they get extra light, no more than 16-18 hours-ish if they hang with the auto's (outside at this time it's about 13),... then after that, I start to back off light hours until it's normalized,over s few days or so,.. then they go outside full time.... the key is to get them at or near the current diurnal sched' before they are too old and may get triggered into bloom by that drop in hours,.. many breeders make specific note to not run them more that 18 initially regardless because of this... Some are more easily triggered than others, and a sudden drop from 18 to say, 14-15 may be enough to trigger unwanted blooming!

:doh: got a mutie mis-fire seedling it seems,.. I've not had it happen to me, but have seen it... :shrug: watch for a 2-3 days more, and if nothing shows, toss it and chalk it up to the usual little gamble that all seeds are...:smoker1:

Growing in the heat can be a real pain especially if your dumb enough to use 3gal pots and go away for a couple days....come home to some very sad girls. Gave them a little foliar spray with some liquid kelp just on dark last night, they should be back to normal in a couple days
20190124_165221.jpg
20190124_165209.jpg

Thanks Maria, yeah in Australia. I'm just about use to the heat where i live, most summer days are pushing 40c or a little over sometimes.:hothot: Plants will be okay if i engage my brain a little more than i have been lately :thumbsup:
Nice work, Bandit!

You're in Australia, right? Hope the heat wave isn't killing you and your babies there!

Bandit, your girls would get lots of sun. i try to get around 9hrs for my girls, by moving them when i can. They take the heat welll, considering they are in black pots, glad your girls are fine. I think I would do outdoors again next time:frog:

Yeah man they are in full sun the whole day. 9 hours should be fine for you. You could paint your pots white may help a little? Glad to hear your having fun growing outdoors....it's my happy place toking a joint with them every afternoon :smoking:
Bandit, your girls would get lots of sun. i try to get around 9hrs for my girls, by moving them when i can. They take the heat welll, considering they are in black pots, glad your girls are fine. I think I would do outdoors again next time:frog:

Thanks Maria, yeah in Australia. I'm just about use to the heat where i live, most summer days are pushing 40c or a little over sometimes.:hothot: Plants will be okay if i engage my brain a little more than i have been lately :thumbsup:

I'm working on a start here soon too.
Not as crazy hot as you, but will be guerilla, seed in the ground, so can't baby them.
Hoping to use the diaper water polymer trick to retain moisture in the soil.
We're about high of 30C-35C every day, low of 25C+.

You have any other tricks to keep the heat down and avoid dry out for me?
It's guerilla, so can't get fancy or obvious here.... :p

A good thick layer of mulch will help keep moisture in and hot out :thumbsup: I don't have any experience with guerilla growing, please tag me in if you get a journal up I would love to see how it's done!
I'm working on a start here soon too.
Not as crazy hot as you, but will be guerilla, seed in the ground, so can't baby them.
Hoping to use the diaper water polymer trick to retain moisture in the soil.
We're about high of 30C-35C every day, low of 25C+.

You have any other tricks to keep the heat down and avoid dry out for me?
It's guerilla, so can't get fancy or obvious here.... :p

Back