Sweet Seeds Sweet Trainwreck [Tickets Please!]

Day 16 ... "Building up Steam"

IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_4556.JPG

So far, they've had a diet of water .. and canna start at 2-3ml per litre.

In about 4 days (with luck) the leaves will reach the sides of the pot and the Autopot rez goes on. From there, i'll be swapping out the canna start for the real stuff (which i forget the name of, but will call it "Canna Veg').

:vibe:

Day 16 ... "Building up Steam"

View attachment 1227504View attachment 1227505

So far, they've had a diet of water .. and canna start at 2-3ml per litre.

In about 4 days (with luck) the leaves will reach the sides of the pot and the Autopot rez goes on. From there, i'll be swapping out the canna start for the real stuff (which i forget the name of, but will call it "Canna Veg').

Looking great there @blue !
Do you use "leaves to pot edge" as your standard benchmark for when to open the valve on the autopots?

Looking great there @blue !
Do you use "leaves to pot edge" as your standard benchmark for when to open the valve on the autopots?

Hey SM!! :d5: Thanks!

I do!! I expect the leaves to have reached the edge of the pot by day 20 and benchmark my starts and potential from that ... if it's nowhere near, i'd probably consider starting it over - call it a runt!

Hey SM!! :d5: Thanks!

I do!! I expect the leaves to have reached the edge of the pot by day 20 and benchmark my starts and potential from that ... if it's nowhere near, i'd probably consider starting it over - call it a runt!

Cool, good info.
Where did you learn this? From your own experiments, or elsewhere?

I love the idea behind autopots, and have seen some amazing grows, would like to try.
But then the trick of when to hit the res seems to make a big difference.
Some growers seem to have issues at that point.

Cool, good info.
Where did you learn this? From your own experiments, or elsewhere?

I love the idea behind autopots, and have seen some amazing grows, would like to try.
But then the trick of when to hit the res seems to make a big difference.
Some growers seem to have issues at that point.

I think I must have learned it from AFN. Perhaps from memory is was a chap called Hansbricks who really knew how to rock an autopot.

Yeah, turn it on too early and nothing happens lol .. My friend who bought an autopot thought it could be tunred on from day one .. and unsurprisingly - the root never found the water! :rofl:

It's a learning curve - not sure what happened on my last grow .. but it was a SHOCKAHHH lol ... so fingers crossed for this one! :crying:
:bighug:

@Shiva's Mistress ..it was Hansbricks

(I'm the looney who stores peoples guides in a back room of AFN) ... Check this out

Hope you don't mind hans - I've condensed your feeding routine for my own (and others if you like) reference.

From here: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/hans-autopot-grow-and-show-gorilla-glue-red-poison.55181/

HANSBRICKS RED POISON & GORILLA GLUE AUTO POT WITH COCO GROW

ALL PHOTOS ON SHOW ARE GORILLA GLUE

These Autopots work well with pretty much any medium but for best results I’d definitely recommend using them with Coco. I’ve been mixing in around 20-30% perlite my previous grows but trying out straight coco this time around since I don’t think it’s really necessary with this medium.

6UpUSfg.jpg

INITIAL WATERING - SEED NOT UP

I watered both pots initially with about 1.5L of 5.8 pH water with Voodoo Juice and Cal-Mag at 1ml/l. Both are currently just under my Apollo LED running 24/0 for first few days then will switch to 20/4.

Seed Up For Three Days Picture

OngQWxh.jpg

ZfVZfEE.jpg

Day 6

Gave them their first feeding yesterday with 0.5ml/l Sensi Grow and 2ml/l Voodoo Juice (plus cal-mag as usual). Each pot got about 750ml of water.

grRHEzW.jpg

tcQczCy.jpg

Day 10
Things seem to be moving along just fine with these... Will be giving them their next feeding tomorrow and will bump it up to 1ml/l on the Sensi Grow.

HqgnVXo.jpg

uu00M9Z.jpg

Day 15
Good looking start to these so far... The GG is already looking promising, quite a bit bigger than the RP at this point. Just gave them another feeding after taking these pics, still same feed as last time. Another 5 days and I'll get the Autopots turned on.

ciMRvGS.jpg

wTuWorj.jpg

Day 19
Good growth last few days, also both have showed sex already... Gave them another feeding last night, now at 1.5ml/l Sensi Grow and Cal/mag. I've also started adding the Silicate as well, starting at the minimum dosage which is just 1.5ml per 4L. I plan on getting the Autopots going tomorrow and will also add in the Mars LED.

b916EMQ.jpg

oyGitly.jpg

Day 21 TURN ON THE AUTOPOTS

Filled up the res with about 15L to start, current feed is 1.5ml/l Sensi Grow and Cal-Mag plus the Silicate at 1.5ml/4L. I've also started adding the Terpinator at 2ml/l and the Drip-Clean (1ml/10L).

FOZ4j7a.jpg

MqOjD4X.jpg

Day 28
These are really starting to take off now... always amazes me how quickly these plants can grow. :thumbsup:
Filled up the res with another 20L today, bumped up the base nutes to 2ml/l, everything else same as last feed.

EcL3KSF.jpg

n9lBqE9.jpg

Day 32
Really picking up the pace now... only been 4 days since last update but there's been substantial growth so time to update again ;)
Res was empty this morning so they're definitely increasing their uptake (20L in 3.5 days).
Filled up about 25L this time, still 2ml/l Sensi Grow, probably switch over to Bloom next feed. Increased Cal/Mag slightly to 1.75ml/l and Silicate now at 2ml/4L.

YJeujzq.jpg

q70Nlch.jpg

Day 36
Had to fill up the res again today... Made up a 30L batch and switched over to Sensi Bloom Coco now (still 2ml/l), bumped up the Terpinator to 2.5ml/l and also started adding Bud Candy at 1ml/l.

WKP2GLb.jpg

DNkrdbH.jpg

Day 40
I filled up the res and have starting adding Big Bud as well at 1ml/L as per usual, everything else is the same... These girls are quite thirsty going through about 6-7L a day now.

xgmsPas.jpg

Day 49
Things are looking good and the buds are filling out nicely now. I'll be away for a few days so I filled up the res with about 35L yesterday, feed is the same as last update.

AJYMnLQ.jpg

CJ2gm27.jpg

Day 54
Well both plants looking okay today... I had to tie up several of the GG branches though cause they were still falling over. Also did a big defoliation on her today, removed probably two dozen leaves to really open her up and get some good light penetration to the lower half.

I switched out Big Bud with Overdrive a couple days ago... It's looking like the RP will get another week of feeding then I'll start the 10 day flush, the GG will likely get at least 2 more weeks before flushing.

T6J9rYa.jpg

fNEzpvy.jpg

Day 61
Alright bit of an overdue update been really busy lately... ended up chopping the RP on Monday, not overly happy with how that one turned out... I'll get the final harvest and bud pics of that up later this week though.

FfDOZbS.jpg

utXtG1z.jpg

1UeDq3Y.jpg

RedPoison got a good few ounces despite not being up to Hans usual monsters.
GorIlla Glue chopped nine days later - huge harvest

RAis6Ok.jpg

hcIXGPq.jpg

plus more - check out the journal!! https://www.autoflower.org/threads/hans-autopot-grow-and-show-gorilla-glue-red-poison.55181/page-26

----

Thanks Hans!! You Rock

:headbang:

Last edited:
Oh, yeah, good old Hansbricks.
He had some monster grows for sure.
That guy knew how to get the most out of an autopot.
Looking at the pics the day he turned on the res,
looks like the leaves needed to be clearly over hanging the edges.

Back