Indoor SS Blue Himalaya coco grow journal

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thursday picture day! She hit 27.5" today. Officially ran out of height in my cabinet so I tied the main cola down a bit. I switched to all bloom nutes and my run off ppm was beginning to scare me. Is it common the first few days of bloom nutes they don't eat as much? Today my runoff ppm was looking much better. She is also beginning to smell very skunky.

Looking nice and busy in there:thumbsup:

I wouldn't worry about runoff ppms too much as the plant exchanges and secretes stuff into the nutrient solution. Sometimes the Electrical Conductivity(EC) won't appear to change.

Not that I've ever grown in coco but the principle of comparing what goes in against what comes out when feeding in coco sounds similar to comparing what happens in an active reservoir over a period of time.
:pass:

nice impressive size bigd ! :thumbsup: its the first time I have seen a B H grow :cheers: , your going about it all in the right ways of how nice an healthy it is . looking fab dude !

Thanks everyone! This grow has me really excited.
Kush, I have been following the method a grower from another forum posted. The idea with checking run off is it allows me to see what my plant is eating and should show me if there is a lockout or deficency. I would guess like you said it is very similar to checking the res numbers in actual hydro.
Jok I am beginning to wonder if the bank didn't accidentally send me Blue Himalya Diesel by accident. I emailed SS asking if this size was common for this strain. The breeder said that coco/hydro tends to grow bigger plants and due to her age and size it it could be possible that she will end up being 30" or more. That is double her advertised size.

Ahhhh I see now bigd ! there are 2 shorstuff strains that sound the same : blue Himalaya & Himalaya blue diesel yes!, , hey if its anything like a Himalaya orange diesel then im sure you will be in for good times ! :cheers: all the shorstuff ive done so far have been great ! and the one your doing ide like to know what that thing is hmm ? looks a biggie for sure :worship:

The funny thing is I am only interested in dwarf plants at the moment. My space is very limited so a shorter plant 15" tall is perfect for my set up. Next round I plan on some serious LST as soon as the 3rd node pops up. Maybe even some topping. I know some autos don't like aggressive techniques like that, but if I can limit some vertical height I would be very happy.

The funny thing is I am only interested in dwarf plants at the moment. My space is very limited so a shorter plant 15" tall is perfect for my set up. Next round I plan on some serious LST as soon as the 3rd node pops up. Maybe even some topping. I know some autos don't like aggressive techniques like that, but if I can limit some vertical height I would be very happy.

Have you tried Dr Feelgood? I guess it will probably go a bit more than 15" but hopefully not any higher than what you have in there now.

I wonder if hitting the sides of the room causes them to stretch upwards more though?

One of my mates swears by just using the palm of his hand to push the tops down, for what it's worth.

I haven't tried Dr Feelgood this is my first time with any SS strains. After this grow I have SS sharkbite that I will be giving a try. It is another of their dwarf strains. Funny you mention about the sides of the cab forcing the branches up. I was actually wondering the same thing.

With my feeding today I am a little concerned. I checked my run off and the PH dropped down and my ppm was about 800 higher than I fed it. I'm afraid this is the beginning of a lockout.

With my feeding today I am a little concerned. I checked my run off and the PH dropped down and my ppm was about 800 higher than I fed it. I'm afraid this is the beginning of a lockout.

Or perhaps the nutrient concentration is just higher than necessary?

:pass:

Back