Photoperiod Pop22's 2017 Greenhouse Grows

Update:

Seedlings have put on growth already. They transitioned to the raised bed quickly! Also, I have 4 sprouted along the front edge. Won't know for a while if they're White Jems or Cushdogs. Pics tomoroow

Here's the kit from Dripworks:

Dripworks kit pic1 -6-8-2017.jpg
Dripworks kit pic2 -6-8-2017.jpg

Setting up a drip system for the raised beds and greenhouse. May do a separate thread on the setup. Maybe more people would see it and find it useful.
Great idea pop! I'll find it useful I was thinking of doing the same, watering indoor plants is enough as it is, I brought everything for my greenhouse yesterday besides the plastic, I'm following this closely!

Cool! my first three years growing in small greenhouses, I grew in pots, so that was all hand watering. I said no more thats why I built the raised bed, so I could automate the watering. The kit was cheap, $59 U.S., and claims to be enough for three, 4'x8' raised beds. I actually bought a different kit last year, but I decided I don't want emitters, just drip tubing, This tubing has drip every 12". I'll use 4 lines per bed. I also bought a battery powered water timer. It's a multi-program timer and I believe I only paid about $30 for it. I think once I get the moister levels where I want them, I'll do daily drip to maintain moister levels.

Great idea pop! I'll find it useful I was thinking of doing the same, watering indoor plants is enough as it is, I brought everything for my greenhouse yesterday besides the plastic, I'm following this closely!

This is getting better and better..... Now you just need a gardner...... and you can run things from the sampling
ridingthebull-1.gif

In case your conservatory becomes a more permanent feature, instead of building raised beds, digging a center trench, lining it with pressure treated wood and a row of concrete tiles at the bottom, et voilà.... ground level is one big raised bed, with useful additional airspace to boot..... I've done this with a couple of greenhouses and can report having some idea of the ground water level after a prolonged period of precipitation is useful if this approach is persued, or a gondola alternatively waders may be a piece of necessary kit required..... The waders seemed the only option at the time as I couldn't locate a certified gondolier to navigate the trench........but maybe that's easier in your neighborhood..... Lol

If I ever own my own land again, I'd try that!

This is getting better and better..... Now you just need a gardner...... and you can run things from the sampling View attachment 762063

In case your conservatory becomes a more permanent feature, instead of building raised beds, digging a center trench, lining it with pressure treated wood and a row of concrete tiles at the bottom, et voilà.... ground level is one big raised bed, with useful additional airspace to boot..... I've done this with a couple of greenhouses and can report having some idea of the ground water level after a prolonged period of precipitation is useful if this approach is persued, or a gondola alternatively waders may be a piece of necessary kit required..... The waders seemed the only option at the time as I couldn't locate a certified gondolier to navigate the trench........but maybe that's easier in your neighborhood..... Lol

And I'm doing all this because I'm falling apart...lol. I won't be able to lug water and soil, etc much longer. So I'm automating everything I can. Thus my auto pots also. This way, if something happens to me, my lady can manage even with her MS.

Back