Photoperiod Pop22's 2017 Greenhouse Grows

Update:

Plants are all doing nicely and the Blue Dragons are really loving it! Looks like 95% of the seeds I planted sprouted also! Must be the the 80% horse manure lol!

Greenhouse - Blue Dragon pic1 -6-20-2017.jpg
Greenhouse - Blue Dragon pic2 -6-20-2017.jpg
Greenhouse - Blue Dragon pic3 -6-20-2017.jpg
Greenhouse - Mystery Weed pic1 -6-20-2017.jpg
Greenhouse - white jem and cushdog pic1 -6-20-2017.jpg
Greenhouse - white jem and cushdog pic2 -6-20-2017.jpg
Greenhouse - white jem and cushdog pic3 -6-20-2017.jpg

Was looking at the Blue Dragons in the greenhouse. I planted three. Well.................. I have no idea why this escaped me........ or how it got in with the blue dragon seed!

Ducksfoot pic1 -6-20-2017.jpg

I know I went out on a limb with this, but then, I went to get the manure and stuff was growing on the pile and I though, well why not use mostly compost? Well my tomatoes are all ready the best looking I've ever had! The Jalpenos don't look so happy but we'll see. And my canna is growing like crazy! My Blue Dragon has out-grown all the other plants in there, they are loving it! So I guess I'm on the right track. In the fall, I'll top the beds with more black soil and organic nutrients. May plant clover and turn it under in the spring. Going to try no till.

80% horse manure!! Wow....and folks say i am nuts for using 2 wheelbarrows per photo plant! So horse manure working well in your opinion? You have to love the simplicity...no intensive mixes.

I know I went out on a limb with this, but then, I went to get the manure and stuff was growing on the pile and I though, well why not use mostly compost? Well my tomatoes are all ready the best looking I've ever had! The Jalpenos don't look so happy but we'll see. And my canna is growing like crazy! My Blue Dragon has out-grown all the other plants in there, they are loving it! So I guess I'm on the right track. In the fall, I'll top the beds with more black soil and organic nutrients. May plant clover and turn it under in the spring. Going to try no till.

Awesome man...uncovering secrets one pile at a time! :D :D :D
One thing you will notice with lots of horse manure....deficiencies are a thing of the past. Only if you run out early will deficiencies show. Apparently there is alot of variance of nutrient levels, depending on what the horses diet is.

I paid $15 a pickup load! Going to get some more this fall and add it to my compost pile

Awesome man...uncovering secrets one pile at a time! :D :D :D
One thing you will notice with lots of horse manure....deficiencies are a thing of the past. Only if you run out early will deficiencies show. Apparently there is alot of variance of nutrient levels, depending on what the horses diet is.

UPDATE:

Plants are doing great! Visible size gain just since yesterday.Color is good, and so far, no bugs eating at them lol!

The auto seedlings along the front are now taking off. Still can't tell what's what but I figure the larger plants are the Cushdogs. the smaller are the White Jems. The largest plants are what I thought were Blue Dragon, but I may have mis-labeled a tube. these I'm thinking are Azure Duck ( Blue Dragon x Ducksfoot ) we'll see...lol! Blueberry Domina's are smaller than I expected, they had gotten quite large in auto pots, I expected the same here....... shows how much I know lol! Mystery Weed looks very nice, rather Sativa from the looks. I'm excited to see it bud!

I'm loving the drip watering system! Picked up an electronic hose timer so I can now fully automate the greenhouse watering. I'm going to start installing the drip system in my veggie raised beds.

autos pic1 -6-25-2017.jpg
autos pic2 -6-25-2017.jpg
autos pic3 -6-25-2017.jpg
autos pic4 -6-25-2017.jpg
blueberry domina pic1 -6-25-2017.jpg
blueberry domina pic2 -6-25-2017.jpg
blue dragon pic1 -6-25-2017.jpg
Ducksfoot in the greenhouse pic1 -6-25-2017.jpg
mystery weed pic1 -6-25-2017.jpg

And talking about horse manure compost, my tomatoes have never looked better! They have nice, dark color and really thick stems. Just waiting now for the first tomatoes! Check out the big one! Its a one plant jungle!

Tomatoes pic1 -6-25-2017.jpg
Tomatoes pic2 -6-25-2017.jpg
Tomatoes pic3 -6-25-2017.jpg

Back