Indoor Oscorp Industries - Living Organics with Green Goblin

I removed all the individual calyxes from the nodes on the leftover stems and chopped up the stems up to be disposed of in the tree line in the yard..Now if I had a compost bin,I would grind these stems up way smaller than this and toss them in..Just an idea if you can't figure out what to do with these...I was joking around with my bro but it is a good idea..Take a drill bit,hollow the stems out more,fill them with graphite,carve the end of the stem and clear coat the whole thing..Boom son cannabis pencils..Now go make some paper on my idea lol You can even wood burn the strain name in the stem before you clear coat it

View attachment 931383

Plus if you chew your pencil you might get a buzz. Might even get a contact high off it. Just need to ditch the clear coat.

Was just giving my leftover unused soil mix a good stir,checking for moisture and aroma..Beautiful smell on this..Imagine the earthiest purest fertile soil bagged up and just cutting it open for the first time as the aroma rises up and smacks you in the nose..Fully aerobic no doubt..It has been composting for a few months now but I think I'm going to hit the tote with a good worm tea just to bring in some new guys,fresh life and all that..Expand the community in there and prepare them for the Forgotten Cookies.

IMG_20180717_231231.jpg

What does Compost Tea Do?

Compost tea and compost extracts act as a probiotic for your soil. Digestive health is essential for the proper conversion and absorption of nutrients from our diet. Much like within our digestive tract, it is a diversity of key organisms within the soil that aid in the digestion or decomposition of organic matter and the conversion of nutrients into forms readily available to plants. The collective biology at work in soil is responsible for building humus and soil structure, assisting with water and nutrient retention, as well as the recycling and mining of nutrients and minerals. Compost extracts and actively aerated compost teas can improve the digestive health of your soils by inoculating them with billions of beneficial microbes.

Building a diverse soil ecosystem teeming with life will help to improve the health and productivity of your farm and gardens. Specific organisms (fungi, bacteria, protozoa, nematodes, etc.) present in mature biologically active compost have been identified to aid in plant health and the suppression disease. Diverse biologically active soil and plant tissue has the capacity to form a protective barrier from disease and pests throughout a plants root and leaf zones thus out competing pathogens and parasitic organisms for food resources.

"The problem in agriculture has not been a lack of nutrients, but a lack of the proper biology to make those nutrients available to plants." -Dr. Elaine Ingham
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For this tea I'm going to use:

4 gallons of distilled water ( Would use my filtered tap but I'm going to order new filters soon)
3 cups of Worm castings
2 tablespoons of Unsulphured powdered molasses
2 tablespoons of Fish Hydrolysate
1 tablespoon of liquid kelp
1 teaspoon Tealab [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] Inoculant over bubbling tea

I'll Brew this for about 18 hours or so then apply undiluted to my soil bin keeping the moisture within field capacity not soaked..Then remainder of the tea I'll apply to the house plants and whatever is left will go to the lawn.

IMG_20180718_005408.jpg
IMG_20180718_005640.jpg
IMG_20180718_005716.jpg
IMG_20180718_005817.jpg
IMG_20180718_005922.jpg

Awe man, this is really tempting me to make the switch to organic. Stuck on hydro-nutes for awhile and lazy to switch over. It's about time I get this done.

Everyone says it's cheaper, but I think it looks like if you are doing it right, making the teas, it looks like it's about the same with a lot to buy up front. I wonder if there is a thread where you guys list the basic set up needs for organic just to get started?

Awe man, this is really tempting me to make the switch to organic. Stuck on hydro-nutes for awhile and lazy to switch over. It's about time I get this done.

Everyone says it's cheaper, but I think it looks like if you are doing it right, making the teas, it looks like it's about the same with a lot to buy up front. I wonder if there is a thread where you guys list the basic set up needs for organic just to get started?

The initial start up cost is there..The way everything stretches though, and the small amounts used,everything lasts for a long time..Especially with recycling your soil, a lot more economical..The more your soil ages and gets recycled, the better it gets..No throwing anything out,no " flushing " etc..These plants grow on auto pilot with minimal inputs, as long as you have a well balanced,amended soil..Teas and top dressings just give it a boost here and there,keeping the microbiology alive,well and populated,in turn helping the plants transition smoothly through their growth phases with flying colors..

There are many simple soil mixes that would obviously cost less and work very well to get your foot in the door..

https://www.autoflower.org/threads/tlo-super-soil-recipes.10566/

@MedCzech

Ideally, if you could source things locally,from the land even, you would be ahead of the game..Fresh is best..Making your own fish hydrolysate,fish bone meal,building a simple worm bin ( never paying for castings again ) and having the freshest worm shit going ( vermicompost ), a bokashi bin would be nice, a compost tumbler or simple pile in the corner of your yard etc..Once you start reading and researching, you realize how much cheaper in the long run things could actually be,it's just how far are you willing to go to be self efficient?..Turning piles,harvesting IMO's ( indigenous microorganisms) and whatnot..I mean you can harvest your own kelp and process it, visit a local stone quarry for your rock dusts,harvest certain plants and make fermented plant extracts,make your own bio char,crush your own crab shell and so on and so on..The end product speaks louder than words when all is said and done.

If you want super simple to start

Visit kisorganics website and grab the nutrient pack or some of their premade bagged soils..I see alot of raving reviews about the biochar mix...Thin it out a little with some coco or peat or both 50/50 70/30 60/40 whichever ratio you'd like, add some garden lime to the bag and just grab a good organic P-K booster like something from roots organic the HPK and a bottle of organic Cal/mag on hand just in case and you're good..Maybe a few handfuls of perlite if need be.

Last edited:
@MedCzech

Ideally, if you could source things locally,from the land even, you would be ahead of the game..Fresh is best..Making your own fish hydrolysate,fish bone meal,building a simple worm bin ( never paying for castings again ) and having the freshest worm shit going ( vermicompost ), a bokashi bin would be nice, a compost tumbler or simple pile in the corner of your yard etc..Once you start reading and researching, you realize how much cheaper in the long run things could actually be,it's just how far are you willing to go to be self efficient?..Turning piles,harvesting IMO's ( indigenous microorganisms) and whatnot..I mean you can harvest your own kelp and process it, visit a local stone quarry for your rock dusts,harvest certain plants and make fermented plant extracts,make your own bio char,crush your own crab shell and so on and so on..The end product speaks louder than words when all is said and done.

If you want super simple to start

Visit kisorganics website and grab the nutrient pack or some of their premade bagged soils..I see alot of raving reviews about the biochar mix...Thin it out a little with some coco or peat or both 50/50 70/30 60/40 whichever ratio you'd like, add some garden lime to the bag and just grab a good organic P-K booster like something from roots organic the HPK and a bottle of organic Cal/mag on hand just in case and you're good..Maybe a few handfuls of perlite if need be.

Super, thanks a lot double G! That sounds easy enough. I have a compost pile in my yard that has been brewing for years with mostly grass clippings, but so ash, and other organic waste has been dumped there. Would that stuff be ok to use? Do I need to test ph on the compost?

Obviously I would add, I just meant as a base.

Back