Outdoor Off the beaten path- uk guerrilla grow

"Hey guys i'm gonna jump in your conversation and say a couple of arguments myself. In a lot of threads about breeding i always see the mention of keeping the best plants and discarding the rest, well in my limited experience on the subject- more specifically i have bred mi5s and the next year i crossed mi5s with a northern lightsxbig bud feminised strain that i had- and because i do the breeding in fall(no indoor facilities, all outdoor) the weather is not ideal and the plants that end up making the seeds and the male are always tiny miserable plants that just manage to give me maybe 20-25 seeds each. Short thin really miserable plants. Well to finish my sentence in this limited experience i found out that even if the plants giving the seeds would really be considered as plants to be discarded the seeds i got turned out to be the best plants i grew after that, no hermies, tall and very productive plants. So-and that doesnt mean to say everyone else is wrong- but i'm not sure if it really matters how strong the parents were or just the dna that is in the plant and the conditions grown. Hope that made sense."

Hi Moutros,
I copy and pasted, hang on, italics still on...
ah that's better. I copy and pasted the above separate cos it was getting a bit congested.
re your "miserable" looking plants yielding some "best ever" in successive generations; yes I think you're right; environmental conditions might have the seeded parent looking a bit miserable, but in the short term, this will not to any appreciable degree, affect the genetics/DNA, therefore the progeny will, if grown in better conditions be unaffected by the environmental conditions that had the parent looking so miserable.
nearly went for Mi5 myself; opted for Dr. Feelgood instead. early days, cant give any opinion yet.

"Hey guys i'm gonna jump in your conversation and say a couple of arguments myself. In a lot of threads about breeding i always see the mention of keeping the best plants and discarding the rest, well in my limited experience on the subject- more specifically i have bred mi5s and the next year i crossed mi5s with a northern lightsxbig bud feminised strain that i had- and because i do the breeding in fall(no indoor facilities, all outdoor) the weather is not ideal and the plants that end up making the seeds and the male are always tiny miserable plants that just manage to give me maybe 20-25 seeds each. Short thin really miserable plants. Well to finish my sentence in this limited experience i found out that even if the plants giving the seeds would really be considered as plants to be discarded the seeds i got turned out to be the best plants i grew after that, no hermies, tall and very productive plants. So-and that doesnt mean to say everyone else is wrong- but i'm not sure if it really matters how strong the parents were or just the dna that is in the plant and the conditions grown. Hope that made sense."

Hi Moutros,
I copy and pasted, hang on, italics still on...
ah that's better. I copy and pasted the above separate cos it was getting a bit congested.
re your "miserable" looking plants yielding some "best ever" in successive generations; yes I think you're right; environmental conditions might have the seeded parent looking a bit miserable, but in the short term, this will not to any appreciable degree, affect the genetics/DNA, therefore the progeny will, if grown in better conditions be unaffected by the environmental conditions that had the parent looking so miserable.
nearly went for Mi5 myself; opted for Dr. Feelgood instead. early days, cant give any opinion yet.

Hello oldbie, i was wondering , you said in the short term, does that mean that in the long term the fact that the plants might have started from ''miserable'' parents would affect the next generations? Never thought of that.

And yeah sorry for the congested text, was just trying to put my thoughts in words as clear as possibe.

I'm a big fan of mi5, definitely feel i made the right choice when i got them.

that makes absolute sense, moutros. i guess much like life, the rules are there are no rules! you just gotta find something that works for you nd go with that. that's why i love it so much on this site - so many great bits of advice, so many people willing to give up a bit of time to help others. you gotta love it!

I also haven't bought weed for almost a decade now. I saw a documentary i remember from an english woman going around the world and trying stuff and it really opened my eyes. She went to amsterdam and she did all those tests on cannabis and when i saw what sellers were doing too make the weed ''stronger'' and all the additives they were using and especially( couldnt believe it!!) that there have been people using tiny shards of glass on the weed so that it looks like it has all these nice crystals, i got disgusted and decided that either i smoke real pure mama earth weed or just stop smoking it. In the end i ended up doing my own.

you don't remember the name of that doc do you ?

so you out in spain? - feels like everybodies going over there. you from the uk originally?

to be honest i dont recall the name of the documentary or the woman doing it, i just remember that she was english and in every episode she would go to different countries and try different ''extreme'' stuff.

No i'm not english, i just speak the language

Hi guys I'm currently growing heavyweight fast and fast auto outside uk. The are in their 7th week and have just started to flower heavyweight say 30 days from germination, do you think they are going to go on to produce a good yield or will they just die of and not carry on flowering?

Hello oldbie, i was wondering , you said in the short term, does that mean that in the long term the fact that the plants might have started from ''miserable'' parents would affect the next generations? Never thought of that.

And yeah sorry for the congested text, was just trying to put my thoughts in words as clear as possibe.

I'm a big fan of mi5, definitely feel i made the right choice when i got them.

Hi moutros,
firstly when I used the term congested, I was not referring to the content of your post or the manner of your delivery;
no problems there at all my friend; no I was referring to the fact that there seemed to be a lot of long quotes hovering about, so I thought I would start with a clean slate.

now, I wish I understood genetics more, but my knowledge is limited. I do recall seeing a program on plant genetics and being surprised that plants have the ability to switch certain genetic traits on and off as suits the environmental conditions they are experiencing; this is how (if I understand it correctly) plants and I suspect all life, evolves both in the short term and the long term. lets take your "miserable parents" as an example. lets assume they were miserable because it was too cold and damp for them. it may not have been obvious that they were trying to cope with this adverse condition but they may well have been prompted to go into survival mode in some manner; a typical short term stress reaction would be to flower early in order to produce offspring. this happening once would only illicit an immediate/short response by triggering reproduction, but there would also be a slight alteration in the plants genetic imprint with particular reference to the conditions which triggered the reproduction gene; this, if I understand it correctly would be the first in a gradual and more long-term change in the plants ability to cope with the adverse conditions (should they persist year after year).
ok I think I better wind up now, cos I got one of my magic biscuits kickin in which I had about an hour ago, and things are starting to get a bit floaty man.
I usually have my daily dose in biscuit form; got my own recipe I can share if anyones interested, but the world needs another weed-biscuit recipe like a fish needs a bicycle; don't ask me why a fish needs a bicycle, its something to do with feminism I think. yep, the biscuits working alright, maybe time to sign off before I really go off on a tangent.
party on Mi5outros.

Hi guys I'm currently growing heavyweight fast and fast auto outside uk. The are in their 7th week and have just started to flower heavyweight say 30 days from germination, do you think they are going to go on to produce a good yield or will they just die of and not carry on flowering?

Hey man, where'd you come from ?
sorry Tim, just having a bit of fun. welcome to Pathways thread; we are hanging around waiting for him to come back, and going off on various wild goose chases.
anyway, I'm not familiar with the strain you have, but somebody else might be along real soon that does.
am I to understand that the girls are about 30-40 days old since you sewed the seed? in which case they've only just started and are likely to go on for another 30-40 days . Lets see, 7 weeks = 49 days, they started flowering at 30, therefore flowering for approx. 19 days so far ?; yeah you've got a few weeks to go Tim. I don't mean to be impertinent but is this your first auto grow? no problem if it is; you can get advise all the way on AFN.
over to you dude.

Last edited:
Hi moutros,
firstly when I used the term congested, I was not referring to the content of your post or the manner of your delivery;
no problems there at all my friend; no I was referring to the fact that there seemed to be a lot of long quotes hovering about, so I thought I would start with a clean slate.

now, I wish I understood genetics more, but my knowledge is limited. I do recall seeing a program on plant genetics and being surprised that plants have the ability to switch certain genetic traits on and off as suits the environmental conditions they are experiencing; this is how (if I understand it correctly) plants and I suspect all life, evolves both in the short term and the long term. lets take your "miserable parents" as an example. lets assume they were miserable because it was too cold and damp for them. it may not have been obvious that they were trying to cope with this adverse condition but they may well have been prompted to go into survival mode in some manner; a typical short term stress reaction would be to flower early in order to produce offspring. this happening once would only illicit an immediate/short response by triggering reproduction, but there would also be a slight alteration in the plants genetic imprint with particular reference to the conditions which triggered the reproduction gene; this, if I understand it correctly would be the first in a gradual and more long-term change in the plants ability to cope with the adverse conditions (should they persist year after year).
ok I think I better wind up now, cos I got one of my magic biscuits kickin in which I had about an hour ago, and things are starting to get a bit floaty man.
I usually have my daily dose in biscuit form; got my own recipe I can share if anyones interested, but the world needs another weed-biscuit recipe like a fish needs a bicycle; don't ask me why a fish needs a bicycle, its something to do with feminism I think. yep, the biscuits working alright, maybe time to sign off before I really go off on a tangent.
party on Mi5outros.
love it! and yes, share the recipie. i read a great one for nutella firecrackers using AVB. Now I've gone and made myself hungry!

love it! and yes, share the recipie. i read a great one for nutella firecrackers using AVB. Now I've gone and made myself hungry!

howdy knocker,
thanks for the rep mate.
now I have to say ...nutella firecrackers with AVB..
well, nutella made contact but the rest of it went over right my head;
somehow I don't think Google is going to help me out on that one.
take
d'ya know what? I haven't had one of my magic biscuits tonight,
so I think I think I ll just go have a small pipe of home made resin...
back soon.
ok I'm back. seems kind of appropriate to be a bit loaded while AFN-ing.
ok KP, you've inspired me to share my biscuit recipe;
I didn't much convincing did I?
I will retrieve it and find a spot in the forum.
A bientot.

sir oldbie - i look forward to your recipie. here is a wee link to the firecrackers. i like to vape my weed so i always have a load of avb (already vaped bud) which because it hasn't been combusted still has lots ofthc goodness in it! http://beyondchronic.com/2012/01/how-to-blast-off-nutella-firecrackers/

right, it's 5 past 3 on a friday afternoon, i'm off work and surely that means it's vape o'clock. have a good avvo and evening and I look forward to your magical biscuit recipie. I might get my kids to make me one for Father's Day! That's a joke by the way!

Hey man, where'd you come from ?
sorry Tim, just having a bit of fun. welcome to Pathways thread; we are hanging around waiting for him to come back, and going off on various wild goose chases.
anyway, I'm not familiar with the strain you have, but somebody else might be along real soon that does.
am I to understand that the girls are about 30-40 days old since you sewed the seed? in which case they've only just started and are likely to go on for another 30-40 days . Lets see, 7 weeks = 49 days, they started flowering at 30, therefore flowering for approx. 19 days so far ?; yeah you've got a few weeks to go Tim. I don't mean to be impertinent but is this your first auto grow? no problem if it is; you can get advise all the way on AFN.
over to you dude.
Hi, it's not my first auto grow but it's only my second. I have just worked out I am on day 62 since germination it is staring to look nice but still in sure weather or not it's going to produce a good yield. I am also growing some jack pot auto witch is meant to give good yields outside in the UK same as the fast and vast.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg