New Grower 200/300w CFL Auto Masszar tent grow in UK garage (Journal)

Thanks guys, i've just done a temp test this morning without the light on, radiator on max, extraction fan on max and it sits at 28 degrees. It's by no means cold though but hopefully it'll be able to keep it above 20 degrees....should be ok in everything except the depths of winter which ironically is when i'm going to be cutting my teeth in this hobby. Only going to put tower fan on low for 15 mins every hour. Still waiting for tower fan to arrive then it's germination time!

for your seedling you can start them why your waiting for things to arrive i would any how pal and keep your updates coming

I agree with tom, a fan for circulation isn't really needed during germination I have everything off bar the heater until the tap root shows then light and exhaust fan (only if temps are getting high I turn my fan for circulation on once the plants fully established and has a few big fan leaves, bit of luck the fan will arrive before you really need it anyway oh its a good idea to have a circulation fan as it helps the plant grow a thick strong stem and branches also helps reduce mould/diseases if I'm not mistaken, good luck with the grow although you seem pretty well kitted out, I'm following... Oh and watch that heater when I used a small tent my oil filled heater killed most the leaves near it never killed a plant but did hinder the speed of growth and yield in my experience anyway.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Just about to germinate but have some questions!

I am going to water my soil to flush it but having just bought a TDS-3 meter off ebay to measure the PH levels, it only gives me a reading of 169 which i think is TDS - i have no idea what this is and can't seem to get a reading for PH.

My tap water is 7.3 according to water company website. Soil says 5.5 - 7.0. Is this an ok mix?

Should i leave heater/lamp on overnight to warm the soil before planting germinated seed?

Start LST after 4 nodes appear?

After I sort these things, I'm ready to go! Bucket of water has just been set aside (not sure why but that's what i've read so in 24 hours (3pm tomorrow) i'll be ready to flush and plant!

oops ph and tds/ec meters are 2 different things.unless you get a thing that costs and plugs into wall.but its a handy tool to have.can pick up the yellow ph meters for £5,but calibration/cleaning/storage solutions can cost x4 that.could add ph up and down to that to if you go chems or vinegar route.
very similar to my water tds and ph afer water has sat out ph raises a lil when i add nutes it comes back down again.water between 6.2 and 6.8 ish and the soil should buffer a lil.
turn the tent on the day before so alls constant temp/humidity.
good luck and keep er lit.
:pighug:

Thanks again Archie. I'll just take a chance with tap water (7.3 before leaving to stand).
Do i need to leave soil to dry after initial flushing, then water again before adding germinated seed or just wait till flushed soil has dried out a little bit?

wet/moist/dry soil can be tricky to gauge.depending on conditions a wet pot can take between 1 and 5 days to dry out.first time i water a pot is when the seeds go in.some pre soak soil,im just to lazy.
:pighug:

Thanks again Archie. I'll just take a chance with tap water (7.3 before leaving to stand).
Do i need to leave soil to dry after initial flushing, then water again before adding germinated seed or just wait till flushed soil has dried out a little bit?
2.5ml of white vinegar per litre will bring 7.3 pH to 6.5ph. works a treat and cheap too.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back