Indoor First Sawney Bean Garage Grow

Regarding your gnat problem, with the soil/media surface covered by black plastic, how do the insects get in and out of the soil/media? Are there other openings with the Boxes you're using?
The plastic is not fully covering where the stem is at so they can get in there. There is also an over flow hole towards the bottom that I have seen them come thru. I swear those little fu&kers are like rats and get through the tiniest of spaces. But yellow sticky traps and BTI (mosquito bit tea) applications knock them back almost completely.

I was also able to get the trichome pics to load on my computer. This is the Skoosh, day 54, lots of white hairs I think from heat stress. Tent has been averaging 87° for the last few weeks. But most of the trichomes are mostly cloudy with some clear. Another week or two? What yall think?
Edit: I had a similar thing happen with JeanO's Voodoo, plant looked like it needed more time but all the triches were cloudy. I chopped her down around day 60 as an experiment and it was definitely too early, crazy racy head high. My wife loved it :smokeit: I am leaning towards a couple more weeks.

IMG_20240723_094201521.jpg

IMG_20240723_094209454.jpg
IMG_20240723_094219299.jpg
IMG_20240723_094242646.jpg
IMG_20240723_094248640.jpg
2024_07_23_09_43_01_119.jpg
2024_07_23_09_43_06_489.jpg
2024_07_23_09_43_14_823.jpg
2024_07_23_09_43_26_329.jpg
2024_07_23_09_43_45_198.jpg

Last edited:
Day 68/65
I’ve been bad at updating this grow. I’m finding out that summers are busy here. We like growing all plants but my favorite is still:growing:

IMG_4212.jpeg

Everything stayed pretty short but its all getting nice and chunky. All I have been doing is filling up the rez's whenever they are dry. Ill also add ful-power humics, em1, or quijalla in the water.

Lecter is the chunkiest and frostiest so far. I'm trying to remember the smell of each plant but my wife and I just smoked a J of Blueberry breath (dream beans) and root beer float (JeanO) and I'm having trouble typing this. I think it’s taken me half hour to get this far. Then these two needed to let out some energy. Tug with a little ball, love my silly pups.
IMG_4215.jpeg

Sorry, Back to Lecter, I remember a nice sweet smell and some hard buds. Seeing senescence, shes drinking really slow now and hasnt bulked much in the last week. I think she is close to ready. I will have some free time this week and plan on chopping her. But what do yall think? Day 68.
IMG_4197.jpeg
IMG_4199.jpeg
IMG_4200.jpeg

Mint Jelly is bulking up, I like the look of her too. Nice frost and has a nice sweet n sour mint scent to it. Day 68
IMG_4201.jpeg
IMG_4203.jpeg

IMG_4204.jpeg

Boomstick on the right and Skoosh on the left.
IMG_4205.jpeg

Skoosh is nice and frosty as well. The smell was sweet sugar up front followed by pine and berry. I think I will be chopping her along with the Lecter this week. Day 65
IMG_4206.jpeg
IMG_4208.jpeg
IMG_4207.jpeg

Boomstick is also nice and frosty and starting to fill out, I think she will be the last to finish. Smells funkier then the rest and very intense. Its hard to describe, it almost stings the nostrils (Sex Panther anyone). Just straight funk is all that comes to mind. I really like the structure. All I did was leaf tuck a bit at the beginning and move 2 side nodes. I need to do one more nice trim. Day 65
IMG_4209.jpeg
IMG_4210.jpeg
IMG_4211.jpeg

Also, all of these buds are rocks, like straight rocks. Really sticky too. I am looking forward to smoking all of these plants. I love the variety of growing autos. I wish I could grow more than 4 plants. Some awesome genetics @Sawney_bean

I’ve been bad at updating this grow. I’m finding out that summers are busy here. We like growing all plants but my favorite is still:growing:

View attachment 1698114

Everything stayed pretty short but its all getting nice and chunky. All I have been doing is filling up the rez's whenever they are dry. Ill also add ful-power humics, em1, or quijalla in the water.

Lecter is the chunkiest and frostiest so far. I'm trying to remember the smell of each plant but my wife and I just smoked a J of Blueberry breath (dream beans) and root beer float (JeanO) and I'm having trouble typing this. I think it’s taken me half hour to get this far. Then these two needed to let out some energy. Tug with a little ball, love my silly pups.
View attachment 1698121

Sorry, Back to Lecter, I remember a nice sweet smell and some hard buds. Seeing senescence, shes drinking really slow now and hasnt bulked much in the last week. I think she is close to ready. I will have some free time this week and plan on chopping her. But what do yall think? Day 68.
View attachment 1698100View attachment 1698101View attachment 1698102

Mint Jelly is bulking up, I like the look of her too. Nice frost and has a nice sweet n sour mint scent to it. Day 68
View attachment 1698103View attachment 1698105
View attachment 1698106

Boomstick on the right and Skoosh on the left.
View attachment 1698107

Skoosh is nice and frosty as well. The smell was sweet sugar up front followed by pine and berry. I think I will be chopping her along with the Lecter this week. Day 65
View attachment 1698108View attachment 1698110View attachment 1698109

Boomstick is also nice and frosty and starting to fill out, I think she will be the last to finish. Smells funkier then the rest and very intense. Its hard to describe, it almost stings the nostrils (Sex Panther anyone). Just straight funk is all that comes to mind. I really like the structure. All I did was leaf tuck a bit at the beginning and move 2 side nodes. I need to do one more nice trim. Day 65
View attachment 1698111View attachment 1698112View attachment 1698113

Also, all of these buds are rocks, like straight rocks. Really sticky too. I am looking forward to smoking all of these plants. I love the variety of growing autos. I wish I could grow more than 4 plants. Some awesome genetics @Sawney_bean
Very nice indeed mate 👍
Lecter is well done in my book so I would confidently say chop .
The boomstick is the only one that may go a little longer due to the gelato mother.
The sest are spot on. 👌
I hope you enjoy 😉

Very nice indeed mate 👍
Lecter is well done in my book so I would confidently say chop .
The boomstick is the only one that may go a little longer due to the gelato mother.
The sest are spot on. 👌
I hope you enjoy 😉
Thank you. I’m really excited to sample some Sawney goods.

I also wanted to share some little watermelons growing in the yard. First successful watermelon.
IMG_4176.jpeg
IMG_4175.jpeg

Skoosh harvest. Day 66
was able to harvest the skoosh tonight. WOW she is pungent. Stunk up the garage, my wife said holy shit when she walked in. The smell has so much going on. I got hints of bubblegum, watermelon, floral and astringent. Very sticky and covered in frost. I wet trim and breakdown the buds, then dry in paper bags. Has always worked well for me. They are in a closet, temp 72 and humidity started at 42% but is now at 48% after adding a wet towel. That was about 40 minutes ago. Hoping it will jump up more.

IMG_4224.jpeg
IMG_4225.jpeg

little extra
IMG_4227.jpeg
IMG_4228.jpeg
IMG_4229.jpeg
IMG_4231.jpeg
IMG_4234.jpeg
IMG_4235.jpeg
IMG_4236.jpeg

The tomatoes are starting to ripen. My favorite part of growing, the harvest.
IMG_4223.jpeg

Lecter harvest day 70
Harvested the lecter today. Man this plant was thick and dense. I think if I let it go any longer it would have gotten bud rot. Just as frosty as skoosh but not as stinky. There was way more to her than I realized. Got a little purple on her even in this hot ass garage. Excited to try this one the most I think. Purple is hard to see in the pics.

IMG_4238.jpeg
IMG_4239.jpeg
IMG_4240.jpeg
IMG_4241.jpeg
IMG_4242.jpeg
IMG_4243.jpeg
IMG_4244.jpeg
IMG_4245.jpeg
IMG_4246.jpeg
IMG_4247.jpeg

Lecter is one of my favourite strains to smoke.
When it's gone I always wish I had planted more lol 😆.
I can see the purple in it mate. 💜
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :devil:
Thanks for sharing 👍

Back