Indoor First Sawney Bean Garage Grow

Day 77 mint jelly harvest
I started to see some nanners forming on the mint jelly. I think it’s light stress, this is the 3rd plant since I got this MH FC 6500. Still trying to figure this light out. Maybe my photone app is not working properly? I didn’t give any of my plants more than 45 dli. I used to run much higher dli with my other lights. Anyways as I was trimming her I noticed some bud rot in a few buds 😕. Immediately tossed those and was more vigilant in my search for more. The colas are straight rocks. Smells like sweet mint, but it’s not a very strong smell compared to the Sawney plants. Not very sticky either. Nice and frosty. But if it wasn’t for those nanners popping out I might have let the plant run another week or two and lost all of it. Funny how that works.

IMG_4268.jpeg
IMG_4269.jpeg
IMG_4270.jpeg
IMG_4271.jpeg

Bud rot. I almost missed it
IMG_4272.jpeg
IMG_4273.jpeg

A bit disappointing. It’s my second plant that’s caught bud rot. Lost about 1/3 of the plant. Could have been worse.

I’ve also had the oscillating fan blowing air straight over the plants. I’m worried that spores may have blown into the boomstick. She’s not ready yet but I’m thinking of harvesting her soon just in case.
Boom stick day 75
IMG_4274.jpeg
IMG_4275.jpeg

Happy growing!!!

I started to see some nanners forming on the mint jelly. I think it’s light stress, this is the 3rd plant since I got this MH FC 6500. Still trying to figure this light out. Maybe my photone app is not working properly? I didn’t give any of my plants more than 45 dli. I used to run much higher dli with my other lights. Anyways as I was trimming her I noticed some bud rot in a few buds 😕. Immediately tossed those and was more vigilant in my search for more. The colas are straight rocks. Smells like sweet mint, but it’s not a very strong smell compared to the Sawney plants. Not very sticky either. Nice and frosty. But if it wasn’t for those nanners popping out I might have let the plant run another week or two and lost all of it. Funny how that works.

View attachment 1700026View attachment 1700027View attachment 1700028View attachment 1700029

View attachment 1700030View attachment 1700031

A bit disappointing. It’s my second plant that’s caught bud rot. Lost about 1/3 of the plant. Could have been worse.

I’ve also had the oscillating fan blowing air straight over the plants. I’m worried that spores may have blown into the boomstick. She’s not ready yet but I’m thinking of harvesting her soon just in case.
Boom stick day 75
View attachment 1700044View attachment 1700045

Happy growing!!!
Sorry about the rot bro.
What is your R/H during late flower and are you running a dehumidifier?

Sorry about the rot bro.
Thanks 420. Luckily I’ve got enough flower to last us for a few more grows.
What is your R/H during late flower and are you running a dehumidifier?
Averaging around 45%. I usually run a dehumidifier but it would probably heat up the tent to 100+ degrees.
Edit: summers are a bit more challenging to grow in the garage. I also spend the majority of my free time in the back yard garden. So the tent gets neglected.

View attachment 1700026View attachment 1700027View attachment 1700028View attachment 1700029

Boom stick day 75

Happy growing!!!
WTF...that's awful, sorry buddy.

Luckily I’ve got enough flower to last us for a few more grows.
Averaging around 45%. I usually run a dehumidifier but it would probably heat up the tent to 100+ degrees.

Crazy with your RH, that plant structure, and what I assume is 80+F :wall:

Glad you have enough to hold you over; and love your positive attitude :cheers:

WTF...that's awful, sorry buddy.

Crazy with your RH, that plant structure, and what I assume is 80+F :wall:

Glad you have enough to hold you over; and love your positive attitude :cheers:
Thanks for the kind words and points mozzy. :pass:

If I think back to before I started growing, I was spending $200-$500 a month at the dispo. Now I grow better stuff (most of the time) and I get to spend my money on new lights and tents and whatever. Plus I have ounces in my closet. I could never afford an oz of top shelf before. I get to share seeds and flower with my friends. When one of my buddies need some I don’t even weigh it, just toss a handful of nugs in a bag. There ya go.
I’m beyond blessed, though I forget that sometimes.

Thanks for the kind words and points mozzy. :pass:

If I think back to before I started growing, I was spending $200-$500 a month at the dispo. Now I grow better stuff (most of the time) and I get to spend my money on new lights and tents and whatever. Plus I have ounces in my closet. I could never afford an oz of top shelf before. I get to share seeds and flower with my friends. When one of my buddies need some I don’t even weigh it, just toss a handful of nugs in a bag. There ya go.
I’m beyond blessed, though I forget that sometimes.
:vibe: Word.

It has been many years since I've had any friends that would appreciate it so it is nice to hear about others that can share, that's very cool. I can only imagine what the friends I knew when I was younger would think of what we can grow for almost free now :wiz: ...legally in so many places 🤯:smokeout:🤯

Last edited:

Boom stick day 75

Happy growing!!!
The dreaded mould agrrrrrrrr.
I have lost a few good buds to that wee beastie . Sorry to see that mate.

Day 78 boomstick
So far the boomstick is showing no signs of catching bud rot from the mint jelly. She looks like she can bulk up more and is not fading yet. So I’m gonna let it ride for another week or two. Day 78. Smells amazing, reeks of musky intense sweet berries. Just hits your nose.

IMG_4306.jpeg
IMG_4307.jpeg
IMG_4308.jpeg
IMG_4309.jpeg

Skoosh weight, smoked maybe a gram already. This is some fine tasty smoke. Really nice hybrid effects. Not couch locking but relaxing. Helping my hangover right now 🙃
IMG_4304.jpeg

Lecter weight. It was a few days behind Skoosh so we have not sampled this yet, but will be trying very soon. Not my biggest plants but very happy with the quality. Excited to try growing these again just not during summer.
IMG_4305.jpeg

Some great strains so far. Thank you again @Sawney_bean.

So far the boomstick is showing no signs of catching bud rot from the mint jelly. She looks like she can bulk up more and is not fading yet. So I’m gonna let it ride for another week or two. Day 78. Smells amazing, reeks of musky intense sweet berries. Just hits your nose.

View attachment 1700574View attachment 1700575View attachment 1700576View attachment 1700577

Skoosh weight, smoked maybe a gram already. This is some fine tasty smoke. Really nice hybrid effects. Not couch locking but relaxing. Helping my hangover right now 🙃
View attachment 1700578

Lecter weight. It was a few days behind Skoosh so we have not sampled this yet, but will be trying very soon. Not my biggest plants but very happy with the quality. Excited to try growing these again just not during summer.
View attachment 1700579

Some great strains so far. Thank you again @Sawney_bean.
You are welcome anytime mate.
I hope the hangover gets better and it's gone in a skoosh lol 😆
Thanks for sharing mate 👍

Thanks for the points @Mozzy and skoosh definitely helped the hangover @Sawney_bean
That’s a really tasty strain even with it only curing for a few days. I’m looking forward to the terps after a month or two. Hopefully it makes it that long :smokeit:

Back