Outdoor Off the beaten path- uk guerrilla grow

Hurrah, we have life! Checked on the seeds earlier and 3 had broken the surface, so they were put in the lower part of the cab under a 150W cfl
up.JPG So it's day 1 for Nirvana Sky#1 at the top, Nirvana Sky#2 in the middle, and Critical Chaze#1 at the bottom. Bless up!

The remaining 4 seeds are up!
4 up.JPG From top to bottom we have CC#2, CC#3, NS#3 & CC#4.
The Nirvana Sky seedlings seem quicker in their development and have their first leaves.
NS#2 seedling.JPG NS#2
The seedlings were given a little rain water with a few drops of Plant Magic root stimulant added.
So a nice positive start with 100% germination, nice one Flash seeds:thumbsup:

Looking good but fook me - I was on a roadtrip picking up some LED lighting - it was bloody snowing on the way back!
I think we might be keeping them indoors a wee bit longer this year (supposed to be cold all week). As usual lulled into a false sense of security by some nice spring weather.

Do you have a greenhouse or coldframe where you acclimatise you plants your plants for a week or so before planting them out, or do you go straight from the growroom to outside?

Hi mate, yeah the weather was crazy here too today-really damp and overcast in the morning, then sun, then hail and sleet showers. The temp has dropped significantly again tonight but it's not getting low enough to do any damage. Tbh the weather is just nuts year round now, I feel a bit sorry for the weather forecasters, must be like playing the lottery these days.
This is my first year trying autos outdoors, but I usually put a few photoperiod plants out and harden them off in the garden for a few days before transplant. It's a bit sketchy though as the garden is overlooked so I have to hide them.
This year we've bought a little cheapo polytunnel to grow some veg in, so they'll be able to hide in there for a few days before they go out. I am a little concerned the rhizopots they're in might be prone to chilling on those first forays into the cold, as they're pretty thin, but insulating them with some fleece shouldn't be a problem if it gets chilly in the tunnel.

Looking good but fook me - I was on a roadtrip picking up some LED lighting - it was bloody snowing on the way back!
I think we might be keeping them indoors a wee bit longer this year (supposed to be cold all week). As usual lulled into a false sense of security by some nice spring weather.

Do you have a greenhouse or coldframe where you acclimatise you plants your plants for a week or so before planting them out, or do you go straight from the growroom to outside?

Looks like our environment is pretty similar...it snowed yesterday and today as well.

Bubblewrap makes a good insulator and also keeps out the rain. Also if you peg out some black cloth (you can get porous black sheeting from your garden centre) in the places where you intend to plant it will raise the soil temps by a couple of degrees - but even black polythene will help lift the temps a little.

Just checked my coldframe today and it's down at 7C in there... waiting for the late morning sun to hit it so it warms up a bit. I think I'm going to run the plants indoors for the next 3 weeks and then aim to give them a week in the coldframe to harden off, hopefully temps will be a bit better by then.

Good tips mate, I made a little coldframe in the garden from bubble wrap a few years back and it worked quite well. I'll only be using fleece because I've already got some in the shed. Somewhere. Hopefully I won't need to bother. My plan was always to keep these plants in the cab for as long as possible to give them a good start, and then a short period of hardening off in the tunnel. From what I've seen though these super autos grow pretty quick, so their stay in the cab might be shorter than expected.

Looking like you're off to a great start. I'll keep checking back if you don't mind. I'm a little scatterbrained so I might forget where it is but I be around

Hey @stepside, you're welcome anytime my friend, thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I'm a bit of a scatterbrain myself but I'm trying to be a bit more organized this year, the journal is helping.

Mini progress update- All 7 seedlings are coming along well, in spite of lower than optimal temps and humidity in the cab. Hopefully both parameters will improve as the ambient temperature increases and the plants get bigger. They stretched a little, so were raised up towards the light and the rhizopots were topped up with soil mix. Still just being fed rainwater pH'd to 6.5 with a little Plant Magic root stim added.
ns#2.JPG NS#2. Thanks for looking in:hookah:

Back