You got this in the bag bro! Pun intended! I have a couple of quick questions for ya if you dont mind! I love learning from others and trying to understand other growers mindsets. First, when you said the CJ is hungry for cal/mag, what are the signs that tell you that? And second, how far away are your lights? I ask because of the leaf curl/burn on the nq and because of the bushy ww. I loovee seedsmans WW. Lol. I order from them just to get those freebies. Hahaa. But I wish i could get a short pheno. Im growing one right now in a 2 liter bottle thats starting to stretch. I was hoping for a bush. I know lower lights can help keep plants short so I was curious about your light heightt! Keep killing it!

Save these pics that everything g you need to know about cal mag
Thanks bro, definitely saving that part!
You got this in the bag bro! Pun intended! I have a couple of quick questions for ya if you dont mind! I love learning from others and trying to understand other growers mindsets. First, when you said the CJ is hungry for cal/mag, what are the signs that tell you that? And second, how far away are your lights? I ask because of the leaf curl/burn on the nq and because of the bushy ww. I loovee seedsmans WW. Lol. I order from them just to get those freebies. Hahaa. But I wish i could get a short pheno. Im growing one right now in a 2 liter bottle thats starting to stretch. I was hoping for a bush. I know lower lights can help keep plants short so I was curious about your light heightt! Keep killing it!

Hey man, thanks for stopping in again sir! I would say for the Calmag I've noticed on all 4 that I've grown so far under these COBs for the first time that they all would start getting those little rust like spots even early on, slight color change. The plants would still grow great, I mean even in pre-flowering and flowering everything was just forming nicely and quickly. Now the buds themselves are forming nice imo and did I say quick! Especially Nightqueen. I noticed an improvement on Sky and even NQ/WW when I loaded, and I mean looooaded her with CalMag and no other nutes (sky the most though). It helped, problem was... 1) Had to be careful of the added N and can be doing that into flowering as much either (why I bought another CalMag with only 1% N) and 2. Don't wanna over water/prevent burn, root rot, etc. It's been an uphill battle, mostly because of msitakes that I don't even fully realize or understand yet I suppose. Just learning. Regardless I'm getting some bud out of it so I'm stoked.

So overall I'd say I've held off somewhat in trying to not overwater/feed since my first (last) grow didn't go so well and I think it may have been partly due to having a constantly wet environment, not enough time for oxygen to get in the roots and such.

I know everyone was calling me kind crazy earlier about using distilled water only and not pH-ing it alongside the nutes either. Well it's worked so far (as far as this noob can tell), using the Accurate pH 8 probe... it's been typically around 6.5, though it has in 2 of the plants gotten to 6.7 at one point or another, but after waterings with nutes (don't forget the Mephisto Super Soil mix in there too!) it seems to adjust fine at least this time.

Oh and my lights are approx 20-22" away, they're maxed out, I only have 3 of them running at 20/4. As far as the burnt tips it could be a bit of nute burn, or just that the plant is starting to run its course. None of the others seem to have it. Though they do sometimes have slightly lighter tips probably from nutes since most of the blades aren't serated, or haven't been since I've dropped down from 4 to 3 of the COBs and adjusted the light schedule more.

Thanks all!

0603170106_HDR.jpg
0603170107_HDR.jpg
0603170107a_HDR.jpg

Still learning to use this thing, not bad though. Its hard to keep it steady and get it right. I would also like to say that using the regular hand held jewelers scope/loupe I can see for myself a lot more amber than is in these pics.

Why I say it might be closer than initialially thought. Id say currently 10% amber on NQ, maybe?

Hey bud,

was just thinking about yours last days and i didn't read back...did you have a midflush?
I would bet if you would give NQ a little flush of 5 liter runoff could be over 2, 0 ec or 2000 ppm....that would be overfeeded, at this age and grow they can handle it, if you remeber at my first journal here....what do you mean?

Hey bud,

was just thinking about yours last days and i didn't read back...did you have a midflush?
I would bet if you would give NQ a little flush of 5 liter runoff could be over 2, 0 ec or 2000 ppm....that would be overfeeded, at this age and grow they can handle it, if you remeber at my first journal here....what do you mean?

Sorry having some trouble understanding (translation maybe?) I'm holding off with the strong nutes on NQ, basically just giving a little bit of Mammoth P and Big Bloom (micros), along with a little bit of recharge top feed. I'm probably going to harvest a small side bud tomorrow, as the I'm seeing a lot amber and don't wanna harvest too late either. So figured I'd cut a sample tomorrow, bag it for a few days (brown paper) and see how it goes!

Update 10 (6-4-17) Just a quick update all, super happy with the progress of this grow. Sorry no gifs again guys, probably won't replace the camera until grow 3, got a few ideas in mind for improvements.
tent 6-4.jpg

NQ - Day 61! (Didn't think I'd make it this far people!) For real though, going pretty well consider these noob-no-green-thumbs I have. She is really close I think, but I am trying hard not to rush the queen at all. Took off a lot of the dead lower leaves that looked like they had all of their nutes and life sapped out of them by the sweet nugs forming up top. Left a few cause I didn't wanna go overboard all at once, just trying to be safe.
nq1.jpg
nq2.jpg
nq3.jpg
nq4.jpg

WW - Day 57
ww.jpg
ww2.jpg

Sky - Day 52
sky.jpg
sky2.jpg

CJ - Day 48
cj.jpg

So guys, thank you thank you and thank you again for your advice and help with me these past few months. AFN has been with me through thick and thin since my first failed grow and this one.

Is this a perfect grow? No. Is it even a good example of a "good grow", probably not lol. But is there bud growing, yes... and that's my goal. Learn and grow bud and I think it's safe to say that I'm getting some decent bud. Also, this only gets me more stoked for the next grow where I hope to make improvements. Especially with better pH-ing, LST, etc. Thanks again everyone!
NN gif.gif

-NN ...the happy folk.

Update 10 (6-4-17) Just a quick update all, super happy with the progress of this grow. Sorry no gifs again guys, probably won't replace the camera until grow 3, got a few ideas in mind for improvements.
View attachment 759769

NQ - Day 61! (Didn't think I'd make it this far people!) For real though, going pretty well consider these noob-no-green-thumbs I have. She is really close I think, but I am trying hard not to rush the queen at all. Took off a lot of the dead lower leaves that looked like they had all of their nutes and life sapped out of them by the sweet nugs forming up top. Left a few cause I didn't wanna go overboard all at once, just trying to be safe.
View attachment 759763 View attachment 759764 View attachment 759765 View attachment 759766

WW - Day 57
View attachment 759770 View attachment 759771

Sky - Day 52
View attachment 759767 View attachment 759768

CJ - Day 48
View attachment 759762

So guys, thank you thank you and thank you again for your advice and help with me these past few months. AFN has been with me through thick and thin since my first failed grow and this one.

Is this a perfect grow? No. Is it even a good example of a "good grow", probably not lol. But is there bud growing, yes... and that's my goal. Learn and grow bud and I think it's safe to say that I'm getting some decent bud. Also, this only gets me more stoked for the next grow where I hope to make improvements. Especially with better pH-ing, LST, etc. Thanks again everyone!
View attachment 759757
-NN ...the happy folk.

Aaaahhh...my daily popcorn, that's satisfaction for my soul...it's so easy to make a lurker happy, bud!

Congrats on this, NUGNOOB!:slap:

Dude you rocked it I never doubted you for a second! I can tell you definitely don't half ass things so these girls were well taken care of! Kudos on that frosty tent :slap:

Hey thanks for the bump of confidence man! I've really enjoyed your grow so far btw, its awesome!

Aaaahhh...my daily popcorn, that's satisfaction for my soul...it's so easy to make a lurker happy, bud!

Congrats on this, NUGNOOB!:slap:

Thanks man! Love your support friend!
:bighug:

Good lord that NQ is fast. Based on just that photo I'd say she's good to go pretty damn soon, but you're the man with the scope! :thumbsup: Great growing bro, I'm sure you have a big grin everytime you open your tent. Get ready for some well earned homegrown!

Back