Good lord that NQ is fast. Based on just that photo I'd say she's good to go pretty damn soon, but you're the man with the scope! :thumbsup: Great growing bro, I'm sure you have a big grin everytime you open your tent. Get ready for some well earned homegrown!
Oh yeah big 'ol smirk every time I peek in... and I am ready my friend, I am ready for that hard earned home grown.
dwight blinds.gif

Now if I can just learn to grow semi-monsters like you got going with them Mephisto beans. Let's see for grow 3, definitely going to try for the Mephisto grow off in September!

I think you did a fine job @NugNoob and I know soon as I can get my grow going I'll have my own mistakes along the way but it's all a learning process.

Thanks! Yes, expect mistakes. First grow I thought I had everyone locked down just right... wrong! Second grow I said, let's ease up the reins a bit, throw a few more early boosters int he mix and let these girls just go wild a bit and just see what happens! Of course, still mistakes, but useful mistakes to learn from imho.

Really appreciate the kind words and glad you could stop in. Well, time for me to hit the rounds myself and see what's up with everyone's journals. Just so many damn good grows to follow on AFN, can never keep up!

:smokeout:

Update 11 (6-9-17)
0606171902b_HDR.jpg

NQ - Day 62 (Harvested 6-5!) :woohoo1:
1.jpg

0609172019_HDR.jpg
0609172019a_HDR.jpg

Almost dry, I know I rushed this a little bit but we were out of smoke and I didn't want to have to buy anymore. No sir, I want to start smoking my own home grown stuff! I started out harvesting just the main stem and cola. Then the next evening chopping the rest. By that point I basically nipped them all, trimmed the big stuff, put them directly into brown paper bags (split up into 3) for the first day. Second day of drying, I took them all out, took my time trimming and inspecting them. Then let them air out for a day inside the grow tent. From there, into jars just to measure their RH a bit (was way too high) so back into paper bags where the hygrometer read around 70%. I took them out this morning and let them lay out on the brown paper in the tent. Now they are back into one brown paper bag (they have shrunk a bit) with an RH of 64%. Next harvest will try to plan out better so I can try the hang dry method and give it more time. Next grow will only be two plants and I'll probably run two of the same Mephisto's.

My wife and I have sampled probably about a gram or two of the harvest. Even with that bud curing quicker than the rest it's spectacular. My wife loves this strain and I have to say it's a really nice strooong body stone, relaxed and happy but can remain functional if needed just don't get couch locked for too long. Perfect for evenings when you want to wind down and eventually drift off into a nice sleep. The taste actually isn't bad with the firefly vape though I'd say I prefer the bud to actually be a tad on the wet side than overly forced dry, can speak more to the taste once the rest of the harvest that is drying a bit more properly is ready. I'd say it's toasted barely, sort of grainy. I am beyond pleased and so is my wife!

Also my wife asked me if she could try growing a plant! Of course I was totally psyched as she didn't show any interest in growing at all before. She was excited to see my grow and watch the progress but out of the blue she suddenly said she wants to try to care for one herself and be able to help out more! So next grow, 2 Mephisto's, 2 Noobs, double the fun!
:woohoo:

WW Day 62
WW Day 62.jpg

Sky Day 57
Sky Day 57.jpg

CJ Day 53

CJ Day 53.jpg

tent.jpg

Only 3 remain, they are doing pretty well, not the prettiest bunch in the world but let's be honest, who can compete with the queen!? In all seriousness, thank each and everyone of you for your support, seemingly dedicated at times just to help out a new grower.

THE AFN VIBE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE!
:vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe:

Your friendly neighborhood...
-NN

Sorry I haven't followed along as much as I'd like to. My warm heart felt comment is on the other page.
But there is always room for more.

You knocked it out of the park with one hell of a bud shot and one hell of a grow. Remember it like it was yesterday when you started the grow off and now your sitting pretty with that amazing bud. Congrats to you.

Update 11 (6-9-17)
View attachment 762641

NQ - Day 62 (Harvested 6-5!) :woohoo1:
View attachment 762642
View attachment 762643 View attachment 762644

Almost dry, I know I rushed this a little bit but we were out of smoke and I didn't want to have to buy anymore. No sir, I want to start smoking my own home grown stuff! I started out harvesting just the main stem and cola. Then the next evening chopping the rest. By that point I basically nipped them all, trimmed the big stuff, put them directly into brown paper bags (split up into 3) for the first day. Second day of drying, I took them all out, took my time trimming and inspecting them. Then let them air out for a day inside the grow tent. From there, into jars just to measure their RH a bit (was way too high) so back into paper bags where the hygrometer read around 70%. I took them out this morning and let them lay out on the brown paper in the tent. Now they are back into one brown paper bag (they have shrunk a bit) with an RH of 64%. Next harvest will try to plan out better so I can try the hang dry method and give it more time. Next grow will only be two plants and I'll probably run two of the same Mephisto's.

My wife and I have sampled probably about a gram or two of the harvest. Even with that bud curing quicker than the rest it's spectacular. My wife loves this strain and I have to say it's a really nice strooong body stone, relaxed and happy but can remain functional if needed just don't get couch locked for too long. Perfect for evenings when you want to wind down and eventually drift off into a nice sleep. The taste actually isn't bad with the firefly vape though I'd say I prefer the bud to actually be a tad on the wet side than overly forced dry, can speak more to the taste once the rest of the harvest that is drying a bit more properly is ready. I'd say it's toasted barely, sort of grainy. I am beyond pleased and so is my wife!

Also my wife asked me if she could try growing a plant! Of course I was totally psyched as she didn't show any interest in growing at all before. She was excited to see my grow and watch the progress but out of the blue she suddenly said she wants to try to care for one herself and be able to help out more! So next grow, 2 Mephisto's, 2 Noobs, double the fun!
:woohoo:

WW Day 62
View attachment 762648

Sky Day 57
View attachment 762646

CJ Day 53

View attachment 762645

View attachment 762647

Only 3 remain, they are doing pretty well, not the prettiest bunch in the world but let's be honest, who can compete with the queen!? In all seriousness, thank each and everyone of you for your support, seemingly dedicated at times just to help out a new grower.

THE AFN VIBE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE!
:vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe::vibe:

Your friendly neighborhood...
-NN

thats worth one of these... :woohoo1:... and one of these... :slap:... and not forgetting... :pass:

Oh my god man you've knocked it clean outta the park, over those big tall buildings and into the next county dude!!

:worship: :bighug: :cheers: :toke: :d5: :woohoo1: :woody: :baby: :greenthumb: :vibe:

That Nightqueen looks absolutely awesome dude! Beautiful buds. Lovely nugs of joy and properly frosty mate.

Dude I am extremely happy for you :bighug: :slap:

Back