Hello All! I was getting ready to start logging my first grow journal, but figured it would be prudent ( and proper etiquette) to introduce myself first. So here goes....First off I am a new grower...that is a complete and total new grower. I have zero experience growing either Autos, or photos, that is unless you count the unfortunate seed which my roommates and I planted back in the early 90's. I can't imagine why the genetics from that Mexican brick weed seed were not able to overcome the slightly less than ideal growing conditions of Miracle Grow soil, in an outside patio closet, under 1 60 watt incandescent bulb in Phoenix summer temps of 100+ degrees. Poor girl (or in this case likely guy) had no shot! So, I guess the good news is my lack of knowledge would suggest that I don't have any preconceived notions or bad habits to overcome, a "blank canvas" so to speak. Well unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that evidence will very shortly prove that I can very quickly make up for lost time by conceiving all sorts of notions and developing bad habits in record time. Thankfully, while it may be an epic challenge for you all, I believe the knowledgeable members here at AFN are the exact capable type of folks which may keep me from going too far astray. Not sure if that is much of an intro, but figured it was long enough as is. Besides now I am officially no longer lurking I've got to update my grow journal, and post an issue in the infirmary (as I said "evidence will shortly prove").

heya @Committedtobacon and :welcome: to afn! :toke: u've found the best canna commune on the web here to help ya get dialed in & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:

Great! I was thinking of mounting the fan on top to give me more room inside. Can I mount the filter up there as well?

Thank you so much for your help!
You could do some variation on this. A couple of things to think about though bends and duct length reduce the pressure and volume of the air flow so oversize the fan accordingly. The carbon filter in this arrangement is in a lung box so the filtered air can be directed outside. The duct between the room and the fan and the fan and the filter may need to be ridged. I like the second option better from a simplicity and function stand point.

garage vent.jpg

garage vent flex.jpg

You could do some variation on this. A couple of things to think about though bends and duct length reduce the pressure and volume of the air flow so oversize the fan accordingly. The carbon filter in this arrangement is in a lung box so the filtered air can be directed outside. The duct between the room and the fan and the fan and the filter may need to be ridged. I like the second option better from a simplicity and function stand point.

View attachment 1281185

View attachment 1281184

Thank you so much! This is great.

Hey, I'm wiggy. Long time auto enthusiast, new forum user. Took time from autos to pheno hunt some photos and now back to the autos.
nice to meet you my friend

Hey, I'm wiggy. Long time auto enthusiast, new forum user. Took time from autos to pheno hunt some photos and now back to the autos.

heya @Wiggysmalls and :welcome: to afn! :toke: look forward to ur growz & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:

Back