Hi @Mañ'O'Green, thanks for the warm (lol) welcome! Our climate tends to vary a bit over the year.
Winter (Nov-Mar) - 20-45 degrees F most days
Summer (May-Aug) - 65-90 degrees F most days. Can be pretty humid towards the end of summer.

The garage is pretty well insulated but I'm thinking of adding more once I get the tent set up. I have a pretty large dehumidifer as well.

Thanks!!
You might want to just put ridged insulation under and around the tent so you do not have to heat the whole garage in the winter. Be sure to vent your exhaust system to outdoors.

:goodluck:

Hello there, thank you! I'm pretty much up for anything when it comes to the tent. I'd definitely like something that will last. Those Secret Jardin tents look pretty sweet. Are they a step up from the Amazon ones? I saw that AC Infinity has a 5x5 now. I'm interested, but usually a little scared of trying out new stuff before it has a good amount of reviews. I'll definitely do more digging in the equipment forum. Thanks for letting me know about it!!

Well my 4x4 Secret Jardin tent has been well loved, and is now starting to fall apart so it is my veg tent for photo plants now. I'd say I got my money's worth out of it tho! I'm not sure about Secret Jardin's new offerings, but I have heard good and bad about them, like any product I guess. I just went with the Amazon tents because the lower cost was in my price range to spend and I'm happy.

You might want to just put ridged insulation under and around the tent so you do not have to heat the whole garage in the winter. Be sure to vent your exhaust system to outdoors.

:goodluck:

Great idea! Ya know, the more I think about it, I might just go for buidling my own box. My father is a carpenter and I've been looking for something for us to work on together. That way I can just insulate it from the inside out.

The venting should be easy, there's an out of use exhaust pipe that used to run from the laundry room, through the garage, then to the outside. I'm just gonna tap into that bad boy McGuyver style!

Thank you for the tips!

Well my 4x4 Secret Jardin tent has been well loved, and is now starting to fall apart so it is my veg tent for photo plants now. I'd say I got my money's worth out of it tho! I'm not sure about Secret Jardin's new offerings, but I have heard good and bad about them, like any product I guess. I just went with the Amazon tents because the lower cost was in my price range to spend and I'm happy.

Nice! It seem like they all have their good and bad reviews, even the Gorilla Grows. Think I might just go the diy route and build my own box. Thanks for the info!

Great idea! Ya know, the more I think about it, I might just go for buidling my own box. My father is a carpenter and I've been looking for something for us to work on together. That way I can just insulate it from the inside out.

The venting should be easy, there's an out of use exhaust pipe that used to run from the laundry room, through the garage, then to the outside. I'm just gonna tap into that bad boy McGuyver style!

Thank you for the tips!
If you build out the space use Orca Grow film for the walls. Paint everything else white. This stuff is amazing.

If you build out the space use Orca Grow film for the walls. Paint everything else white. This stuff is amazing.

Definitely will do. I'll make sure to do it will some of that mold resistant paint too.

The hole in the garage wall to the outside for exhaust is about 10 ft from where I plan to put the box. Is that too far? Thanks!!

Definitely will do. I'll make sure to do it will some of that mold resistant paint too.

The hole in the garage wall to the outside for exhaust is about 10 ft from where I plan to put the box. Is that too far? Thanks!!
Not at all too far, in fact maybe you could mount the fan outside of the room in that space. Anything you can keep outside of the grow space is a plus.

Not at all too far, in fact maybe you could mount the fan outside of the room in that space. Anything you can keep outside of the grow space is a plus.

Great! I was thinking of mounting the fan on top to give me more room inside. Can I mount the filter up there as well?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hello All! I was getting ready to start logging my first grow journal, but figured it would be prudent ( and proper etiquette) to introduce myself first. So here goes....First off I am a new grower...that is a complete and total new grower. I have zero experience growing either Autos, or photos, that is unless you count the unfortunate seed which my roommates and I planted back in the early 90's. I can't imagine why the genetics from that Mexican brick weed seed were not able to overcome the slightly less than ideal growing conditions of Miracle Grow soil, in an outside patio closet, under 1 60 watt incandescent bulb in Phoenix summer temps of 100+ degrees. Poor girl (or in this case likely guy) had no shot! So, I guess the good news is my lack of knowledge would suggest that I don't have any preconceived notions or bad habits to overcome, a "blank canvas" so to speak. Well unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that evidence will very shortly prove that I can very quickly make up for lost time by conceiving all sorts of notions and developing bad habits in record time. Thankfully, while it may be an epic challenge for you all, I believe the knowledgeable members here at AFN are the exact capable type of folks which may keep me from going too far astray. Not sure if that is much of an intro, but figured it was long enough as is. Besides now I am officially no longer lurking I've got to update my grow journal, and post an issue in the infirmary (as I said "evidence will shortly prove").

Back