What's up Mota and welcome! There are soo many helpful people around here that know what they are doing. All you gotta do is ask and there will be answers! You came to the right place! :shooty: :drunks:
Thank you R_n!

Are you doing autoflowers or photos? You definitely want good light to get them started if you are doing autos. They don't need a lot when they are little, but not enough will limit you yield dramatically with autos. If all you are going to be doing is starting them and putting them outside you can get away with a lower cost setup like cfls, however the t5's i like a little better. The longer you can leave them inside under 18 hours of light the better.

Hello.
With the recent legalization, I’ve decided to grow a few for my wife.
I’ve grown mushrooms for decades & have been addicted to large scale Permaculture for over 10 years.
I tripped on the Solo cup grows. Simply amazing work.
I have a question about grow lights for seedlings. I want to start seedling indoors & was wondering what the minimum type/size LED bulb or fixture will I need for 3? I’ve read a lot and still am unsure.
Thanks everyone.
- MotaZona
hi my friend nice of you to join here and if you ever need anything just ask i grow in all size containers solo cups are a big fav of mine or 2 litre bottles also regarding your lights id go with a led type but its all about budget also just for early veg cfl bubs do a great job in a jam
lbs

hi my friend nice of you to join here and if you ever need anything just ask i grow in all size containers solo cups are a big fav of mine or 2 litre bottles also regarding your lights id go with a led type but its all about budget also just for early veg cfl bubs do a great job in a jam
lbs
Darn dude, you have the cup thing down!
Some day I’ll be coming after that crown though, so beware.

Well if you are going to put them outside as soon as possible the cheap cfl light would be good. If you are going to leave them inside for 30 days until they start to flower, a nice LED light like St Tom suggested would be the way to go. The longer you can keep them inside under 18 hours of light with a good light, the better you results will be.

If you need some direction for good lights, a couple of the favorites around here are quantum board style, top of the line being HLG quantum boards, ther are others such as spiderfarmer and mars hydro, lots of people also like cob led lights, such as the autocob from cobshop or the migro cob. I have a quantum board and two cobs myself.

If you need some direction for good lights, a couple of the favorites around here are quantum board style, top of the line being HLG quantum boards, ther are others such as spiderfarmer and mars hydro, lots of people also like cob led lights, such as the autocob from cobshop or the migro cob. I have a quantum board and two cobs myself.
Is that just for your seedlings or do you do the indoor thing?
I checked out the cob store earlier today. Stupid question...would 1 cob work for 3 seedlings in starter pots, or do I need more than 1?

would 1 cob work for 3 seedlings in starter pots, or do I need more than 1?

yes, jus fine...especially if they're jus gonna turn around & go outside anyway ;) ppp

edit: there'z no such animal as a stupid ques here...jus sayin & carry on plz... :smoking:

I start 3 on 1 cob. It is mostly going to depend on how long you are going to leave them inside before you put them out. I do both in and out. If you are going to put them out side right away I wouldn't personally spend top dollar on a light and maybe go with cfl or T5. If you are going to leave them inside for 3 or 4 weeks a nice light will pay for itself with the yield you get.

Back