@cannadad :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:Something I do not cover in my primer is how important it is to have a flood tray tent floor large enough to contain ALL of the water in your closed system to prevent flooding. Mine has saved me twice now!

:goodluck:

Welcome to AFN Cannadad!! A very exciting start!

There's lots of different growing styles to suit all needs and abilities. DWC is quite a steep learning curve in comparison to other methods and requires more equipment and a decent environment to grow well. You can also grow monsters in DWC, so a 2x2 will soon be far too small.

I'm sure which ever route you choose, you'll find some good people here who can help you find your feet!

Happy growing!

Blue ^_^
:d5:

Edit: Here's a really good DWC tutorial type thread

Thank you did the kind greeting! Obviously being new to growing, what makes you say DWC is a steeper learning curve? Not being a green thumb of any sort, I figured the concept of water sounded easier to grasp than soil.

Thank you did the kind greeting! Obviously being new to growing, what makes you say DWC is a steeper learning curve? Not being a green thumb of any sort, I figured the concept of water sounded easier to grasp than soil.
No matter which growing style you choose there will be a steep learning curve. Hydroponics will require the most time and attention to the grow itself. On the other end of the spectrum is true living soil. If you use a big enough pot 7+ Gallons you can grow a plant water only. Most will top dress a 5 gallon pot a couple of times during the grow. Using precharged soils requires learned skills to feed and water at the appropriate times with the appropriate strengths and can run off the rails quickly for the new grower. COCO Coir is Hydro with a twist and DWC would be easier to get started with.

Time dial.jpg

No matter which growing style you choose there will be a steep learning curve. Hydroponics will require the most time and attention to the grow itself. On the other end of the spectrum is true living soil. If you use a big enough pot 7+ Gallons you can grow a plant water only. Most will top dress a 5 gallon pot a couple of times during the grow. Using precharged soils requires learned skills to feed and water at the appropriate times with the appropriate strengths and can run off the rails quickly for the new grower. COCO Coir is Hydro with a twist and DWC would be easier to get started with.

View attachment 1414877
That’s fantastic, I appreciate your response!
I’m listening through The Autoflower Podcast and enjoyed an episode today (ep. 24) about super soil, which I’m assuming may be the same as precharged? This super soil sounded pretty convenient, as that was also just water throughout the grow. I work a full time job, have two kids and a wife but am not opposed to spending time with my plants. I just really don’t want to get overwhelmed on my first grow.

Hallo I live In the cold north (60°) and can't grow at home because of life situation ( children family very strict laws) so guerrilla grow with ruderalis crosses is the only option for me. Hope everyone is healthy and safe

heya @>Potato and :welcome: to afn! :toke: best canna site on the web here & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:

Hallo I live In the cold north (60°) and can't grow at home because of life situation ( children family very strict laws) so guerrilla grow with ruderalis crosses is the only option for me. Hope everyone is healthy and safe

Welcome northern grower :welcome:

I know of one member who grows outdoors and he's at 58N :thumbsup:

Good luck to you :goodluck:

Back