Hi -
Figured I would say hello. Been lurking a while. I have a question about watering. Everything I have read says water every 2-3 days. I have a sour stomper (Mephisto) auto that is 64 days in. Its drinking almost 2/3 of a gallon a day. First inch of soil is dry each day when I water.
Fabric pot, 3 gallon, in a 2x2 tent using 2 3500k auto cobs. Biobizz light mix soil, FF nutes. 18/6 schedule.
I am aware of the 'lift to see if its time to water' rule. Everything points to this plant needing to be watered every day. Am I wrong in doing that? I see no drooping leaves, or clawing, to suggest over watering.
Here's a pic.

View attachment 1406486View attachment 1406487
Watering sparingly in vegetative state is important and judging the need to water by pot lifting is helpful for new growers. Once in flower, overwatering is much less an issue. Allowing the first inch of medium to dry in between keeps fungus gnats from being an issue.
Base on the photo above, you seem to be dialed in. Nice training and set-up…..and warm welcome.

Watering sparingly in vegetative state is important and judging the need to water by pot lifting is helpful for new growers. Once in flower, overwatering is much less an issue. Allowing the first inch of medium to dry in between keeps fungus gnats from being an issue.
Base on the photo above, you seem to be dialed in. Nice training and set-up…..and warm welcome.
Thank you!

Hello guys I’m new to the grow scene and I have a mimosa lemon auto in, I’ve just noticed her first set of little true leaves showing but she’s been in the pot for 4 days now, is this about right or should they have come earlier, she popped Sunday

Welcome to AFN Davie-e ^_^

Sounds like the seedling is on track! They usually stay smallish for 10-12 days while laying roots. From day 12-20 you should see the leaves reaching or almost reaching the side of the pot and putting on a few nodes.

:d5:

Welcome to AFN Davie-e ^_^

Sounds like the seedling is on track! They usually stay smallish for 10-12 days while laying roots. From day 12-20 you should see the leaves reaching or almost reaching the side of the pot and putting on a few nodes.

:d5:
Thanks mate that’s what I needed to know, it’s weight lifted off my shoulders really as I thought why is it taking so long haha, but it makes sense I guess, and I’m just a bit over enthusiastic I think

Thanks mate that’s what I needed to know, it’s weight lifted off my shoulders really as I thought why is it taking so long haha, but it makes sense I guess, and I’m just a bit over enthusiastic I think
No worries haha, try not to fiddle with it too much - that's a number one killer of seedlings ^_^

Here's some average/normal day 10 and day 20 pics (for reference)

Day 10:

full

Day 20: (Start Veg Nutes and Watering from Rez)

full

Hello guys I’m new to the grow scene and I have a mimosa lemon auto in, I’ve just noticed her first set of little true leaves showing but she’s been in the pot for 4 days now, is this about right or should they have come earlier, she popped Sunday
Your little seedling is doing a lot underground building roots so she's sounds right on to me also it's really nice to meet you

heya @Davie-e and :welcome: to afn! :toke: best canna site on the web here & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:

heya @Davie-e and :welcome: to afn! :toke: best canna site on the web here & anything u need, jus give a holler :thumbsup:

ppp & :goodluck:

:420:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone I appreciate it, anyway, I also have my girl in atami high porosity cocoa and am using canna nutrients, what other beneficiaries could I add to my soil and tent, as in insects, microbes, healthy bacteria, other plants etc. I need as many theories as possible as I am very new to this, I definitely understand the basics just need to up my game!!

Back