Mephisto Genetics Mephisto, Amare se-450's & Big Sm0

I think the advantages of autoflowers are clear. But wouldnt go so far to say the will be better- there are cases where they will be better than photos but there are so many adavantages in photos in ways to controll/breed them. Autos are a nice thing but if we forget about the photos, we forget about what made autos even get here in potency/yield/taste etc. If it wasnt for photos the autos wouldnt be that popular. So always keep in mind- any strong auto came with a strong photo once:shooty:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Each has it's own advantages and appeal according to the application. About to get my feet again with the new generation of autos.

Get your autos on vic were converting to your wonderful lights least we can do is convert you to autos [emoji106]

I toke therfore I am so naaa

Looking forward to it. Very excited seeing yours and others results on here.

Have you ever run a photo 12/12 from seed? You might want to try this and see............I would be curious on the yield you could get since you get so much from your autos. Just a thought bro.

I do it all the time.. That's my version of autos until now. Depending on the strain, yield can very from 40-220g/gal and finish within 3-4 months.

With the recent green rush I've found autos to be more reliable and stable... Meaning not commercially bred and improperly femmed. I think folks are starting to go back to genetics when crossing instead of just chucking pollen to meet supply demands.

I wasted a year and a half growing photos that ended up being hermies or absolutely NOT what the breeder described or advertised. That's why since last summer I plan on running nothing but autos for at least a year to stock up. I already have ounces jarred up in 6 months of growing autos than having Zero bud and having to pay for it. No grower should be forced to pay for bud because they bought a "fem pack" that ended up being hermies or males... Or a single cola dud. No way... I've learned my lessons thru mistakes. Autos or bust for me.

But everyone is different. :pass: And everyone has different needs. There's more than one way to skin a cat and as long as you're self sustainable... Rock on! No matter with photo or auto. We all wanna be self sustainable.

Sorry for the hijack BigSm0! Very interesting topic.

I think the advantages of autoflowers are clear. But wouldnt go so far to say the will be better- there are cases where they will be better than photos but there are so many adavantages in photos in ways to controll/breed them. Autos are a nice thing but if we forget about the photos, we forget about what made autos even get here in potency/yield/taste etc. If it wasnt for photos the autos wouldnt be that popular. So always keep in mind- any strong auto came with a strong photo once:shooty:

Agreed. Each has it's own advantages and appeal according to the application. About to get my feet again with the new generation of autos.

Looking forward to it. Very excited seeing yours and others results on here.[/QUOTE]

What will you be using for lights sir? Just checked eBay, new 1000w blurple that draws 100 watts at the wall. Even comes with a 24 hour warranty. :woohoo1:

My experience Vic is autos change very fast. You have to stay on top of them because before you know it a deficiency or toxicity has set in. Then preflowers, stretch and rapid bud growth. It does take multiple runs before you can get a feel nevermind perfect them. As far as controlling them goes and if you want large plants the pre flower stretch is where most guys mess it up. You can stall autos by holding off on PK till they completely stop stretching. If PK is added sooner they will automatically go to flower almost instantly. Personally I hold off as long as I can and as you can see some pretty hefty bitches lol. Then a gentle transition into bloom nutrients. They will get shocked if it's added to quickly.

I don't mean to sound like a know it all as you probably have 10x the experience I do.

With the recent green rush I've found autos to be more reliable and stable... Meaning not commercially bred and improperly femmed. I think folks are starting to go back to genetics when crossing instead of just chucking pollen to meet supply demands.

I wasted a year and a half growing photos that ended up being hermies or absolutely NOT what the breeder described or advertised. That's why since last summer I plan on running nothing but autos for at least a year to stock up. I already have ounces jarred up in 6 months of growing autos than having Zero bud and having to pay for it. No grower should be forced to pay for bud because they bought a "fem pack" that ended up being hermies or males... Or a single cola dud. No way... I've learned my lessons thru mistakes. Autos or bust for me.

But everyone is different. :pass: And everyone has different needs. There's more than one way to skin a cat and as long as you're self sustainable... Rock on! No matter with photo or auto. We all wanna be self sustainable.

Sorry for the hijack BigSm0! Very interesting topic.
There is no such thing as a thread jack around these parts. I'm with you on all of that too.

Looking forward to it. Very excited seeing yours and others results on here.

What will you be using for lights sir? Just checked eBay, new 1000w blurple that draws 100 watts at the wall. Even comes with a 24 hour warranty. :woohoo1:

SE450/Pro4's. The eBay blurp sounds awesome! Gotta get it for my chia-pet.

My experience Vic is autos change very fast. You have to stay on top of them because before you know it a deficiency or toxicity has set in. Then preflowers, stretch and rapid bud growth. It does take multiple runs before you can get a feel nevermind perfect them. As far as controlling them goes and if you want large plants the pre flower stretch is where most guys mess it up. You can stall autos by holding off on PK till they completely stop stretching. If PK is added sooner they will automatically go to flower almost instantly. Personally I hold off as long as I can and as you can see some pretty hefty bitches lol. Then a gentle transition into bloom nutrients. They will get shocked if it's added to quickly.

Thanks for the tips sir! Even with photos I go 2part veg + 1 part bloom along with silica during pre-stretch for a sturdy platform to flower on.

I don't mean to sound like a know it all as you probably have 10x the experience I do.[/QUOTE]

You can never stop learning, regardless of experience.

I promised a weigh in but it may take another day. Started weighing it up tonight. The jars hold 27oz while I still have 2 full buckets to touch up and break down.
IMG_0654.JPG
image.jpg

I really thought I was going to be pushing 1gpw but it looks like I'm well over that now. 468watts per amare x 3 plus my 120w side light bar is 1524 watts. So I need just over 5 lbs to clear that. Or 3.3 lbs in the 2 buckets if you subtract the 27oz.

Back