Mephisto Genetics Mephisto, Amare se-450's & Big Sm0

Yes the closer plants are more noticeable. That's part of the reason why I'm doing a lot of training besides the tutorial part. Yes I'm in promix, blue lab guardian was just calibrated and cleaned. Usually the beginning of each grow. So every 40 days. Ph is always between 6.0-6.2.

May I make a suggestion? On just a couple, hand water your same mix. But put it to 6.3 6.4 for a couple waterings. See if the pH let's the calcium and mag uptake better. Just a suggestion. I am going to try the same thing. However I am in Coco and normally run 5.9-6.1. But Remo nutes suggests 6.3 in Coco. Promix needs higher pH than Coco. So I would try 6.4 on a couple plants. The only way to know is to try different things. Obviously pH is extremely important, So for some plant under cobs I will be trying 6.3pH on a few plants just to see if they respond differently. Cobs are more intense than they look. That is the main issue, I think I might have too much light for the taller plants. However, the buds form way faster closer.my tallest 3BOG really is bulking up dailynnow. And it is by far the tallest. My next round I will be starting my plants in the cob tent, so they do not get to tall and the lights can be further away. Actually I am going to move the 2 tall ones to a larger tent, but still use cobs..just more space. My 4x4 is crazy bright, too bright for the tall ones.now I will have more room for the smaller ones.

Last edited:
well spent the last hour reading to jog some stuff and think on some things. but overall imho I think I got it. :) of course your going to want to learn or at least understand the CEC. the cation exchange capacity ,which in many cases calcium runs thicker through some of these things than others. but we all know magnesium crystals or Epsom Salts which rarely if ever effects soil PH is used in simple moderation. but if you were to combine this with ,say, Sul-po-mag,bone meal , an organic source of gypsum ideally ,sweet lime and pellet lime.oats,rice,cereal brown rice and soy flour.also soybean meal is also decent but cottonseed is also ok. but releases far far slower than soy meal. also, look at legumes too. alfalfa...so alfalfa meal as well also contains these things and they in turn with these other materials comprises essentially 1/3 of a healthy well thought out totally amendable and sustainable soil, so works for me and I have had some success with amending my own soil with some of these things under a mars and two doses of cal mag at normal rates. not bad eh?! so in the same mix I would say each component should hold enough at roughly a cup(1.5 - 2 cups for some things) per item with a 20-25 gallon mix.. or a 30 gallon mix go to a 1.5 average. but the amounts and effectiveness will also boil down to composition and temp and unbroken and broken down materials and life availability as well. but overall it'll be effective. some more than others due to forementioned things :D hope that helps. I would go with 2 cups per 20 gallons of Epsom salt and bone meal at 1.5 cups with a cup of rice and 2/3 cup of sul-po-mag and then another cup and maybe a cup and a half of sweet lime of a combo of the two..pellet and sweet lime powder. that should slap ya forward and then add a fat cup of alfalfa on top of it yup, that'll do pig...that'll do :)

and obviously the oyster(shellfish is thee best almost) shell powder and eggshells which i also use.

Great info brothers. I may have to go the organic approach. Roasty that's pretty strange. I'm happy it's working for you though. I use botanicare as well but not my favorite since it's lower in mg. As I mentioned to yeaster the ingredients are different then calimagic and I like to mix them up.

Fullduplex this is all good with synthetic nutrients afterwards? Also is there any chance of over doing it and causing problems

That's when moderation comes in to play. I used to run an organic soil and hit it with FF, it can be done but your going to have to back down the dose on the synthetic nutes. It also depends on what is in the soil and how much, if its just a cal/mag supplement then you can stay away from those additives but if you start structuring it more and more dependable on its self youll need to watch your fert levels. As you add more to the soil the less strong your nutes need to be but I think that you could already image that aspect.

Lol wow! Great info eyes. You got me going in the right direction. I am going to write it all down for future use? The all organic is nice but not really for me at the time. Everything's a rush so for now it may not be the best. For the others reading in who have more time this really sounds like a great plan. I'd love to grow organic!

Fullduplex that was my concern. A lot of talk about autos and low feed schedules. I recommend the same but I push them early and ride them hard through the end of flower. Last night I fed these girls 900ppm which are around day 30 and my photos got 2100ppm. I would never suggest this to anyone but if it's started early and done properly they can take big amounts of nutrients. I always thought the high levels may affect the organic additives.

Bro slow, your spot on. 6.0 is my typical but I do see where it affects calcium uptake. Not sure if you guys saw the before and after pictures. Before I had major calcium def and didn't realize it, after I added additional calmag and the crop was epic. Plant health went from 4 of 10 to 9 of 10. Increasing the ph and possibly sticking with a steady 1tsp per gallon each feed may be enough. This all brings back memories of my first organic grow, bottled organic and I swore I would never do it again.

You guys rock. I learned and hopefully others can too.

Look at this beech she is determined to make a big ass single cola lol.
image.jpg

I don't think so. Gotta stay on these things. Lazy and lst don't mix.
image.jpg

Picking up a little but still a foot to go before they hit the scrog screen. Just realized I still had them on 24/7 light too. It's cold here so I may go to 20/4 vs 19/5 like I usually do. I have some autocobs going which don't add much heat at all. Only 330 watts in a 10x20 outdoor space
image.jpg

Back